Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Heathrow T1 FCC – OK to take 2 bags through security (22 Jul 2007)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow T1 FCC – OK to take 2 bags through security (22 Jul 2007)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2007, 12:59 pm
Tel

Programs: old,FB gold,BMI silver,QR Gold,HH Gold.SPG Gold BA Silver
What about T4 to T1 for domestic connection? GVA/MAN
Old Jul 22, 2007, 1:06 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Tel
What about T4 to T1 for domestic connection? GVA/MAN
Security is handled at the FCC therefore two items of carry on apply but not yet the case in the other direction, where passengers are screened at MAN
Old Jul 22, 2007, 4:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
If you're connecting T4 to T4, there's nothing to stop you getting the bus to the T1/2 FCC, going through with your two items of hand luggage and then getting the bus back to T4.

Probably adds 20 minutes plus queue time to the connection time.
Old Jul 22, 2007, 4:43 pm
vla

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold
Although that is possible, and I say this as a T4 aficionado, I'd rather have a root canal.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 12:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by thegoderic
If you're connecting T4 to T4, there's nothing to stop you getting the bus to the T1/2 FCC, going through with your two items of hand luggage and then getting the bus back to T4.

Probably adds 20 minutes plus queue time to the connection time.
Isnt there a security check who will ask to see your BP/ticket to see if you are in the correct terminal before they let you through to the security scanning machine? I know there is one for connections to T3
Old Jul 23, 2007, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by KenJohn
Isnt there a security check who will ask to see your BP/ticket to see if you are in the correct terminal before they let you through to the security scanning machine? I know there is one for connections to T3
That's correct.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 8:44 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Hi all - just bumping this again to see if the September trial ever happened/is happening.

I have a AA T3 (F) -> BA T1 (CE) connection coming up. I will make it to JFK (on a SYD-NRT-HKG-PVG-HKG-NRT-DFW-JFK) with not having checked any luggage and it would be great if I could maintain the that - obviously I am ok with checking a bag through to LCA and would rather do that in JFK than at LHR if I can confirm that there is no trial of 2 bags through FCC.

On the "return" LCA-LHR-HKG-SYD I will obviously have seen whether the trial is in place and will check the bag through to SYD from LCA.

Here is hoping that someone has been through LHR recently and seen a trial, evidence of planned trial or lack of trial.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

S
Old Sep 17, 2007, 9:57 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by simongr
Hi all - just bumping this again to see if the September trial ever happened/is happening.

I have a AA T3 (F) -> BA T1 (CE) connection coming up. I will make it to JFK (on a SYD-NRT-HKG-PVG-HKG-NRT-DFW-JFK) with not having checked any luggage and it would be great if I could maintain the that - obviously I am ok with checking a bag through to LCA and would rather do that in JFK than at LHR if I can confirm that there is no trial of 2 bags through FCC.

On the "return" LCA-LHR-HKG-SYD I will obviously have seen whether the trial is in place and will check the bag through to SYD from LCA.

Here is hoping that someone has been through LHR recently and seen a trial, evidence of planned trial or lack of trial.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

S
I was through on Aug 3 and comfortably took my rollaboard AND laptop bag - no questions asked. I wasn't the only one either.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:07 pm

That's great news - I migth be pushing it with a garment bag and rollaboard but good to see some sense prevailing
Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:32 pm

That's great news - I migth be pushing it with a garment bag and rollaboard but good to see some sense prevailing
I would caution on 2 fronts:
  • things may have changed - Aug 3 seems recent but BAA could change anything any time.
  • as you disembark inT3 and walk towards Connections/arrivals, down the ramp, you will either hit a long line for the bus to FCC or not. If you do hit the line keep walking and connect landside (walk to T1 and then Zone R) - otherwise you're in for a substantial wait just for the bus. though if not checking is really that important to you, then you may prefer the wait.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 10:47 pm

Thanks again. Hopefully in F I will be off pretty sharpish but am wondeirng if a 6:30AM arrival is a good or bad time for FCC...
Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:00 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Thanks again. Hopefully in F I will be off pretty sharpish but am wondeirng if a 6:30AM arrival is a good or bad time for FCC...
Bad, in my experience. For my upcoming LHR transits I've resigned myself to doing landside transfers - and filling up a couple more pages in the passport in the process.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:03 pm

As KiwiFlyer says, it's not so much your speed/order off your flight that matters - it's what other flights have just come in. A couple 747s and bang you have a huge line for the bus.

If you intend to pass through LHR more than once, i would highly recommend registering for IRIS - 10 secs through immigration and no stamps ^
Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:08 pm

OK - I will keep an eye out for the bus queue. My decision to buy a new garment bag in NY may be a tricky one (I will dump the old one) - it will look smaller but able to hold a few more things that I need to take out of the rollaboard before I head to the UK.

All part of the Great Hand Luggage only Challenge that I am currently embarked on.

KF - you would have seen that if we could entice you back to AFF

Re IRIS - I keep meaning to register but every time I fly through the UK I think "Maybe not today - I don't see myself being here that often any more" (UK cit living in SYD) but now have been back to UK 3-4 times in the past yeah - d'oh.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 11:14 pm

OK - I will keep an eye out for the bus queue. My decision to buy a new garment bag in NY may be a tricky one (I will dump the old one) - it will look smaller but able to hold a few more things that I need to take out of the rollaboard before I head to the UK.

All part of the Great Hand Luggage only Challenge that I am currently embarked on.

KF - you would have seen that if we could entice you back to AFF

Re IRIS - I keep meaning to register but every time I fly through the UK I think "Maybe not today - I don't see myself being here that often any more" (UK cit living in SYD) but now have been back to UK 3-4 times in the past yeah - d'oh.
Yes I have been following it on AFF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.