Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY Plus points backlog

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2007, 10:43 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by efamous
I was just wondering if anyone knew if this system upgrade was also affecting Finnair's speed and ability to post mileage to other OW partners. Specifically, I flew from LHR-Shanghai on Finnair back in June and only received mileage into my AAdvantage account for the LHR-HEL and HEL-LHR flights. I have written to AAdvantage several times but the miles for HEL-PVG-HEL still haven't posted.

Do you all think that this might be related to all of the problems that you have been having?
I strongly believe on that. I experienced that I didn't receive any mileage post to BA after Finnair started to change their systems. I had to manually report the flights but was able to get the flights posted in one day after the report.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 1:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
AY flights (LHR-HEL-LHR for me) are still not posting to BAEC within a week. At that point in time I fill in the online BAEC missing miles form, and then magically they post the next day. So somehow AY is able to confirm to BA that I did fly (and in which booking class), but they are not able to automatically transfer that information as they used to

Last experience is a flight last Friday that I predict will not automatically post.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 11:59 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by kaiflyer
spotted this today - dated yesterday. Their (and our) struggle continues

Further delays in Plus services

Earlier this summer we informed you about the renewal of the Finnair Plus operating system and possible gaps in Finnair Plus services. The implementation phase was longer than expected, and therefore some of the Plus services are still running late. The registration of Plus points and the updating of profile information is still slow. The member application process as well as the editing of membership cards and passwords takes longer than normally. Finnair Plus Service Center as well as our e-mail are overloaded for the time being. We will do our utmost to serve you smoothly as soon as possible. We wish to thank you for your patience and very much regret the inconvenience these delays may have caused you. We sincerely hope that our operating system will function normally soon and we will be able to serve you the best possible way again.
Kind regards from Finnair Plus
Well I'm beginning to think that this is just corporate b*llsh*t. Instead of getting the points from my recent flight to OUL, I have just dropped to the now infamous Finnair Plus level 'null' (from the basic level, so no big drop ) and all my points have disappeared from the e-statement. Kind regards to you too, Finnair Plus.
Ok, my old points still appear on the main page, so I trust I still have them. But what if these kinds of problems occured on the flight booking pages? Would Finnair do the 'utmost' to correct it? Would it be the same kind of 'utmost'?
Old Aug 21, 2007, 12:44 am

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
It's a sad day when UA points post faster than AY points.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 5:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've now been asked to send original BPs and tickets from my 15 missing non-AY flights so that they can process them. All reservations carry my AY Plus account number and yet nothing can be done without them receiving hard copies of the tickets... I was given some excuses of this also preventing me from claiming from multiple OW carriers - come on, I might be keen on my points, but I am not that desperate. Besides they are B/W OLCI printouts anyway, so I could just as well photocopy some more and they'd be just as 'original'...

they did accept the AY ticket details over the phone, but even these had to be passed to Plus Supervisors for manual addition(?!!!)

this whole saga got me worked up enough to accompany these BPs/tickets with a lengthy letter...
Old Aug 21, 2007, 6:42 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by kaiflyer
I've now been asked to send original BPs and tickets from my 15 missing non-AY flights so that they can process them. All reservations carry my AY Plus account number and yet nothing can be done without them receiving hard copies of the tickets...
I have the feeling that the exact same exercise is waiting me around the corner...not a single non-AY flight has posted since June...

On top of this they have now also messed up my upgrade voucher count totally.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 7:26 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
The present Finnair CEO has a reputation as a bean counter so maybe this is a permanent cost cutting move? Time to give feedback...
Old Aug 21, 2007, 7:36 am

Programs: AY Silver, PC Platinum, IC Amb
Originally Posted by mosburger
The present Finnair CEO has a reputation as a bean counter so maybe this is a permanent cost cutting move? Time to give feedback...
Time to give feedback definitely, but I fail to see how a decreasing level of automation and increasing level of manual work by customer service representatives (working in Finland) could cut costs...
Old Aug 21, 2007, 9:11 am

Programs: AY Plat, SK Silver, FB Gold
Points from my BA flights in the beginning of July showed last week.

I also had a problem concerning my home address, which had change to a totally unknown one. The explanation was that the AY Plus system gets address information from the Finnish population registration centre (väestörekisterikeskus) and someone else with the same name had moved so got a new address
Old Aug 21, 2007, 10:34 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by JuPe
I also had a problem concerning my home address, which had change to a totally unknown one. The explanation was that the AY Plus system gets address information from the Finnish population registration centre (väestörekisterikeskus) and someone else with the same name had moved so got a new address
Interesting... I don't know the Finnish data protection laws, but I assume if this is indeed the case it would be a blatant misuse of your (and everyone else's) personal data by the registration centre?
Old Aug 21, 2007, 3:37 pm

Programs: AY, SK, AF/KL + randomly others
Originally Posted by frankvb
Interesting... I don't know the Finnish data protection laws, but I assume if this is indeed the case it would be a blatant misuse of your (and everyone else's) personal data by the registration centre?
One can notify the Population Regsitry that they want their residence (And other personal) information blocked. Otherwise they pass the data to several public and private entities and the addresses get uppdated regularly and automatically. Most people don't ask for the block, because the system is very handy: virtually no need to make other address change notes but one to the authorities when one moves.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 11:53 pm

Programs: AY Plat, SK Silver, FB Gold
Originally Posted by Pteropous
Most people don't ask for the block, because the system is very handy: virtually no need to make other address change notes but one to the authorities when one moves.
Precisely what happened with me, because I had to move twice this year. However there hasn't been any other company who would have made the same misstake.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:58 am

Something seems to happen, few missing flights posted without sending anything in manually (BA & CX) so at last some positive signs...still missing around 80k points and counting..
Old Sep 19, 2007, 1:30 am

How are things developing with others? I checked my account today and another 60kpoints have been posted. All missing BA/CX/AA flights have now posted automatically, some AY flights are still missing, though. It really seems that they are getting their act together slowly. It also seems that someone is really doing this manually as my flights have mainly posted in chronological order..nothing missing from June/early July anomore..
Old Sep 19, 2007, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
How are things developing with others?
Slowly playing catchup. My points for July & August have pretty much been completed, so far only missing two hotel stays (July and August) and one flight from last week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.