Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

8,000 Points Chase AGR Credit Card Offer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

8,000 Points Chase AGR Credit Card Offer

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2007, 5:29 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold née Platinum; AA Plat.
Not sure if this helps

I preregistered both my wife and myself. My wife is select, and I'm not. She got an offer for 8,000 pts, and I only got the 5,000 pts offer. Each snail-mail offer we received has slightly different web addresses to go to: www.amtrakguestrewards.com/creditcard for the 5,000 pts offer, and www.amtrakguestrewards.com/mastercard for the 8,000 pt offer. I'm going with the latter address for both of us.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 10:37 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM
Well, I applied today and it said I would receive a response by US Mail within 30 days. Is this a Chase thing? I've always received an instant response from other companies when applying online.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by ByeByeDelta
Well, I applied today and it said I would receive a response by US Mail within 30 days. Is this a Chase thing? I've always received an instant response from other companies when applying online.
That usually means you got declined.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 3:25 pm

Don't worry. Chase always says that they will let you know in 30 days. Happened with my Marriott card too and I was approved.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 8:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, United Premier
Credit card companies, by law/regulation, are required to respond to your application within 30 days...that's a standard response. It does NOT mean you will be approved or denied.

I got the same email when I applied....and I am not worried...
Old Sep 15, 2007, 5:47 am

Programs: BA GfL
I got the same "reply in 30 days" notice. They called me the next day to verify my application, address, mother's maiden name etc. On the phone, they told me that I was approved for $XX credit limit and that the card would be mailed shortly.

The only thing I'm wondering--which I didn't mention to the Chase agent on the phone--is what kind of points bonus I will get, since I already have another Chase card (United). I figured I'd wait and see.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by travelmad478
I got the same "reply in 30 days" notice. They called me the next day to verify my application, address, mother's maiden name etc. On the phone, they told me that I was approved for $XX credit limit and that the card would be mailed shortly.
hmm I guess I was wrong on the 30 day thing, I have always gotten instant approval and when i got the 30 day thing i was denied.

Originally Posted by travelmad478
The only thing I'm wondering--which I didn't mention to the Chase agent on the phone--is what kind of points bonus I will get, since I already have another Chase card (United). I figured I'd wait and see.
You can sign up for as many Chase cards are you want and you'll still get the sign-up bonus points. Some even report signing up for more than one of the same card (ie. 2 UAL cards) and getting the bonus points twice. Then again you also run the risk of screwing up your credit score, so I guess everything has a price.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM
Originally Posted by ClimbGuy
That usually means you got declined.
Thanks for the vote of confidence! That was my first thought too which freaked me out because I just pulled one of my annual credit reports two months ago and it was in excellent shape.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by ByeByeDelta
Thanks for the vote of confidence! That was my first thought too which freaked me out because I just pulled one of my annual credit reports two months ago and it was in excellent shape.
in fairness the only time I ever got that message I was declined.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 5:11 pm

I got the same message and, as of today, I am approved. Thus, I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with one's credit rating.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 7:14 pm

Is there a toll free number to call to see if I can get the 8000 points even if I was not targeted?
Old Sep 15, 2007, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
I'm pretty sure that the additional points from AGR closed once Chase started accepting applications.
Old Sep 15, 2007, 9:09 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: HH Diamond, Amtrak Exec
Originally Posted by sechs
I'm pretty sure that the additional points from AGR closed once Chase started accepting applications.
Perhaps it's a mistake, but when I log into my AGR account I can still get the 8,000 points for signing up for the card. Or perhaps it's because I'm Select Plus, I don't know. But nonetheless they are still advertising 8,000 once I login.

Otherwise, every place else they only seem to be offering 5,000 points for signing up.
Old Sep 17, 2007, 8:43 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, US Airways Dividend Miles, Choice Hotels, Hertz #1
If you want to know if Chase has approved you and you applied last week call 888-215-3049 press option 2. The recording then tells you you should have the card in about 10 days.
Old Sep 20, 2007, 3:10 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, US Airways Dividend Miles, Choice Hotels, Hertz #1
Card Arrived Today

Applied on the first day they accepted the e-mail applications (9/10 I think). Card arrived today. Only complaint is that the AGR number is not embossed or printed on the card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.