Wiki Posts
Search

Globespan strands pax since Thursday

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2007, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM
Globespan strands pax since Thursday

I'm in Ireland this week, and the Globespan fiasco is all the news. the JFK -> NOC (Knock Airport, Connaught, Ireland) has been delayed since last Thursday.

I'm not sure if it left yesterday or not.

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?opt...1855&Itemid=38

http://www.galwaynews.ie/512-galway-family-stranded-jfk

The airline refused to charter another plane or organise seats on alternative carriers when the scheduled flight was cancelled due to technical difficulties. Passengers were put up in hotels and ferried back to the airport on four successive nights only to be told that their plane could still not take off.

I think I'll steer clear of Globespan.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 6:48 am
mee

How wonderful... flying with them LGW-YHM and back in about 6 weeks...

Too late to turn back now I suppose
Old Jul 5, 2007, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by mee
Too late to turn back now I suppose
No, you can book a new ticket on a different airline and eat your loss. Consider it lesson learned.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 3:30 pm
VIB

Chaos at JFK for Stranded Passengers

This makes all the complaints about 7, 8, 9, 12 or 24 hour delays on other carriers seem trivial in comparison.

http://www.irishabroad.com/news/iris...ers030307.aspx
Old Jul 5, 2007, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
...returns to the departure gate after taxiing on the runway for several hours.
Well that explains all the delays at JFK; some daft Scot cruisin' round the runway for hours
Old Jul 5, 2007, 5:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Former E
This is Skytrax's comment "Due to the high number of complaints being received for this airline, Skytrax
are unable to guarantee that all of them will be published. "

I don't think I've ever read a thread where 99%+ of the comments are negative. Even Ryanair has better ratings. Even North Korea's airline has better (altough they don't have many comments in the first place.)
Old Jul 6, 2007, 2:29 pm

Programs: Fly Amtrak, Go Greyhound! I'm often wrong but always sincere.
Originally Posted by Jalinth
This is Skytrax's comment "Due to the high number of complaints being received for this airline, Skytrax
are unable to guarantee that all of them will be published. "

I don't think I've ever read a thread where 99%+ of the comments are negative. Even Ryanair has better ratings. Even North Korea's airline has better (altough they don't have many comments in the first place.)
I glanced through all 4 pages of comments and noticed there was a more even mix of positive & negative comments into very early this year but after that the comments became overwhelmingly negative. Lends me to think this is an airline with zero customer service focus.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 2:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Former E
Originally Posted by OutOfOffice
I glanced through all 4 pages of comments and noticed there was a more even mix of positive & negative comments into very early this year but after that the comments became overwhelmingly negative. Lends me to think this is an airline with zero customer service focus.
My impression was that as a charter/intra-Europe choice, it was actually pretty good. It was when they tried expanding to cross the pond they have failed miserably. The competition from other LCCs - flyZoom and AirTransat being two big ones - which actually get you from A to B within a few hours of when they promised is hard to overcome. A friend is trying to fight for a refund (after 3 time/day switches so far) for a September flight and has bought a flight with Air Transat instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.