Wiki Posts
Search

How Long for JL Mileage to Post

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2007, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2.2M, SPG Platinum
How Long for JL Mileage to Post

Just completed a trip to APAC last week and see that my AA segments (DFW-NRT, NRT-DFW) have posted, but not the NRT-PEK-NRT segments done on JL. Has anyone had experience with how long it takes for JL mileage to post?

More a question of curiosity rather than concern. . .
Old Jun 25, 2007, 4:32 pm

In my experience it's been very variable taking anywhere from 1 week to almost 1 month to post. For example on a NRT-SFO-NRT trip, the SFO-NRT posted about a week later, and nearly 3 weeks before my first leg of that trip, NRT-SFO.

Alex
Old Jun 25, 2007, 9:05 pm
JTK

Programs: AAdvantage EP
For me it seem that the first trip I took in April took a long time to post. I think they were still working out the OW stuff. My trips from US to NRT posted very quickly in June. My independent flight from PVG to NRT has not posted yet but it has only been two weeks.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 12:00 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Mine came about 1 week after the flights.

Only grasp with flying with JL as a OW, is that there are no bonus miles based on Elite status

Old Jun 26, 2007, 12:42 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
I have been flying BNE-NRT-JFK on JL for the last 5 years and collecting AA points.They post 1-3 weeks after the flight and sectors often post out of order.NRT-JFK tends to post before the earlier BNE-NRT segment.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 2:49 pm
Original Member

Its interesting - if you use the codeshare flight number, it posts within the normal AA posting time. I flew JFK-NRT(AA)-SIN (AA Codeshare on JL) - all flights posted at the same time.

Flew JFK-NRT(AA)-PEK(JL flight number) - took a few extra days for PEK flight to post.

--Jim
Old Jun 26, 2007, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AA EXP
Originally Posted by JIMBOLIGUY
Its interesting - if you use the codeshare flight number, it posts within the normal AA posting time. I flew JFK-NRT(AA)-SIN (AA Codeshare on JL) - all flights posted at the same time.

Flew JFK-NRT(AA)-PEK(JL flight number) - took a few extra days for PEK flight to post.

--Jim
I flew SIN NRT in JAL Business in April and the miles still haven't posted despite pinging AA a couple of times. Still holding on to the Boarding Pass
Old Jul 4, 2007, 8:19 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AA EXP
Originally Posted by nxsahraw
I flew SIN NRT in JAL Business in April and the miles still haven't posted despite pinging AA a couple of times. Still holding on to the Boarding Pass
After almost three months my SIN NRT flight finally posted, sans the EXP bonus. Something to think about before flying JAL again!
Old Jul 6, 2007, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2.2M, SPG Platinum
My JAL NRT-PEK segment ended up posting about 1 week after the AA DFW-NRT segment. As others have mentioned, there is no EXP bonus.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 5:50 pm

[QUOTE=BJD1r;7956003]Just completed a trip to APAC last week and see that my AA segments (DFW-NRT, NRT-DFW) have posted, but not the NRT-PEK-NRT segments done on JL. Has anyone had experience with how long it takes for JL mileage to post? QUOTE]

I had miles posted yesterday from a JL flight # last week. No bonus, but did get the bonus on the codeshare going over.
Old Jul 6, 2007, 8:00 pm

Programs: AAEXP/Marriott Life Platinum
Jal

My wife and I flew JAL 26 June HKG-PVG (C) and 28 June NRT-SIN (F) and the miles posted within two days!

No EXP bonus.

By the way, the F service, seats, etc. was fantastic.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
Flew J NRT-JFK just over a week ago and my miles have just posted.
The food, seat and service was excellent.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 8:47 pm

Sounds like they've gotten rid of the lags in mileage posting ^

I'm still waiting for mileage to post from two domestic Japan flights i took a couple of weeks ago. JAL entered my AA FF number, and it pulled up my AA status, but my name on the BP is in katakana. We're only talking about a few hundred miles here, but does anyone have any experience with this? I imagine I'll have to send in the boarding passes, maybe with a business card showing my name in Japanese?

Alex
Old Dec 10, 2008, 9:47 am

Programs: AA CK, UA GS, DL 360, B6 Mosaic
I'm flying 24 out of the next 48 hours, and wondering how long it has taken FT'ers lately to get JL mileage credit. I flew Saturday (12/6) and still haven't seen anything post -- seems most of my flights lately, regardless of partner, have posted within 48 business hours...

Cheers,

-Andrew

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.