Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Appropriate Complaint Process for Finnair

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2007, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Hi Guys

A quick question for you. I just had a pretty horrible experience with Finnair, where i was continually lied to by their staff. I want to tell Finnair that I am going to post my complaint letter here as well as their response back. I think that telling them that i am posting my letter would give them added impetus to sort it all out fairly.

Is that appropriate, or should I not air my dirty laundry until after the fact.....
Old Jun 11, 2007, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good question. Personally, I would say that's a little dirty. While I can see the idea of generally posting something in public so that it gets resolved, this is not something I would do unless it were incredibly serious. Even so, I wouldn't tell them I were posting it.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Please follow this thread in our other european Airlines forum

regards

chrissxb
co-moderator
communitybuzz!
Old Jun 12, 2007, 2:27 am

Programs: BA/OW Sapphire, TK/* Gold
Hi,
I would give them a chance to answer first before threatening to publish it, AY usually answer within a reasonable time, at last compared to some of the other (bigger) airlines.
Having said that, I would be very interested to read about your experience, at least a short version if it is ok with you.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 1:08 pm

Programs: Almost anything with six to twelve steps...
Originally Posted by neil_g63
Hi Guys

A quick question for you. I just had a pretty horrible experience with Finnair, where i was continually lied to by their staff. I want to tell Finnair that I am going to post my complaint letter here as well as their response back. I think that telling them that i am posting my letter would give them added impetus to sort it all out fairly.

Is that appropriate, or should I not air my dirty laundry until after the fact.....
I am surprised and saddened that you had a bad experience with Finnair. Their staff lying to you is shocking; I have flown quite a bit with them and never, ever had that kinds of problems with them.

I would suggest you take up the matter with them directly without any threats of going public. If you have a reasonable complaint, Finnair should make it right.

Obviously, there are a lot of curious FT'er who'd like to know what happened and how it was resolved. But the tale is perhaps best told after you have resolution with Finnair.

Cheers,
T.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by Thalassa
I am surprised and saddened that you had a bad experience with Finnair. Their staff lying to you is shocking; I have flown quite a bit with them and never, ever had that kinds of problems with them.
Lying sounds very strange to me, too. Are you sure that they deliberately lied or could it be possible that the staff was just ignorat. We are all curious about your experience. Posting it here would not harm but using it as a threath would seem very strange for us in the North of Europe. The Nordic people are quite straight forward and honest (despite of your experiance). If Finnair has done something wrong, I would think that they would appreciate your feed-back and would apologize and try to learn. Try to be constructive.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all your comments. I will post after it is resolved. BUt in short I was promised a service on multiple occaisons, efven promised a call back if the service was unavaialbe. I made this call on 8 separate occaisons...each time i was told the same. No problem, it will be done. I get on board and what do you know....it didn't happen. Stewardess tells me that this service is not avaialble on this type of aircraft....this type of aircraft is the only type on this route.

You are right, it could be ignorance, but multiple instances tells me that the call centre basically agreed with me that it would happen, even though they were unable to confirm it themselves internally. That to me is lying. If you can't solve it, then say so. Its easy to say no. Don't peromise me it will happen and cross your fingers. That doesn't help anyone.

Will post in due course when i get a repsonse from AY

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.