Community
Wiki Posts
Search

£15 cashback per booking extended to 1st September!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2007, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Aerotec
Well I got the expected credit from my recent Crowne Plaza Dulles stay however I still haven't received the Pigsback points. I posted in the bill and copy of the booking email on Tuesday. How long does it usually take to get processed.
You mailed it just last Tuesday? These take normally about a month to post.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 7:12 am

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Ah ok thanks! I was getting too hopeful that it would credit as fast as the PC points! Guess there is no rush considering the generosity of this promotion!

Originally Posted by holtju2
You mailed it just last Tuesday? These take normally about a month to post.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 2:48 am
KRS

Problems

A few days ago I contacted pigsback as I had not received the piggypoints I was expecting:
Hello.
Approximately 1 month ago I mailed in some receipts for hotel stays that I had booked using the Intercontinental offer. I am wondering whether these are in the process of being added, or if they have not been received?
Received the following today:
Hi

Thanks for your mail.

I have just checked this for you, We indeed receive the receipts that you sent in, however the receipts we received for Hong Kong and Beijing- unfortunately aren't eligible as they are priority club bookings.
As per the terms and conditions, please see below:

Offer cannot be used with any other offer or discount

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further queries.

Kind Regards,

-----------

http://www.pigsback.com/
I have responded saying I don't understand what they are saying, but I do recall reading about someone who had problems getting piggypoints and priority club points for the same booking. Has anyone had this issue, and had it resolved? All stays were booked through the pigsback website.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
They seem to be saying that your booking is a PC reward night booking. And obviously they won't pay out for a reward night because no commission has been generated.

Obviously you still get PC points on your booking. All that is happening with this promo is that Pigsback is paying you back some of its agency commission (you'll see their IATA code in your booking).

I have had four of these paid out to date - all of which got points, in one case a ludicrous number of points due to the 'triple points' and the 10k promo and in some cases on very cheap bookings - and have two pending. One of these used a corporate rate so I accept I may not get paid for that, but lets see.

Last edited by Raffles; Nov 19, 2007 at 3:13 am Reason: Grammar!
Old Nov 19, 2007, 3:06 am
KRS

Originally Posted by Raffles
...They seem to be saying that your booking is a PC reward night booking...
That's what it sounds like, but these were 4 different bookings, and none of them were award nights!

Will be interesting to see their next response.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by KRS
That's what it sounds like, but these were 4 different bookings, and none of them were award nights!

Will be interesting to see their next response.
Did you make sure that the Pigsback IATA number was on the bookings? Obviously they don't credit if it wasn't.

To make sure that it is correctly recorded I always do the following:

Click the hotel name
Click More choices
Expand Corporate, Group & IATA Identification

Following should be on the IATA field:
IATA#: 99612074

Actually You don't have to go through the Pigsback site at all but to make sure that the above IATA number is correctly recorded.

Couple of my recent folios weren't credited but I just let it slip because I got more points for some others so it equals out on my case.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 9:29 am
KRS

I don't check each reservation for the IATA #, but rather I start all my reservations using the link from pigsback.co.uk so that should be fine. However, I don't think that is the problem; just read the last email from pigsback:

Originally Posted by pigsback email
Hi KRS,

Thanks for your mail.

Priority club is a travel rewards club and unfortunately if you are a member of this you aren't eligible for PiggyPoints and therefore this is the reason why you haven't received the Piggypoints.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further queries.

Kind Regards,

Amy

Old Nov 19, 2007, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Tell them this is complete nonsense. Ask them where in the T&C's this is pointed out. Tell them that they have also credited friends of your numerous times. There is absolutely nothing in the T&C's about this.

They have recently, for example, paid me out on:

Express By Holiday Inn Birmingham City Centre: xx Nov 2007 2000

Intercontinental Dusseldorf: xx Sep 2007 2000

Intercontinental Cairo Citystars: xx Jul 2007 1500

Pigsback is, in theory, a sensible legitimate company backed by a private equity group. However, they are CERTAINLY getting paid themselves for every booking you make with their IATA number in - they will get the usual travel agency commission, perhaps with a bit extra subsidised by ICG - and whether or not you are a PC member has nothing to do with it. You may also want to make this point to them.

Last edited by Raffles; Nov 19, 2007 at 9:50 am
Old Nov 19, 2007, 10:08 am
KRS

Thanks Raffles, here is what I sent: (I left out the nonsense part )

Originally Posted by My comeback
Thank you for your prompt response.

However, I feel compelled to point out that this is mentioned nowhere in the Terms & Conditions. Being a Priority Club member can hardly qualify as using "another offer or discount".
Also, I know several pigsback members that routinely receive PiggyPoints as well as Priority Club points for stays booked through your website. Furthermore, whether I am a Priority Club member or not has no impact on the travel agency commision that pigsback earns on hotel bookings.

Finally, I would be most grateful if you would review the Terms & Conditions and/or forward this correspondance to a supervisor.

Many thanks & best regards
KRS
My only worry is that this might draw their attention to the "double-dipping" and somehow terminate the deal for the rest...

Last edited by KRS; Nov 21, 2007 at 2:55 am
Old Nov 21, 2007, 2:55 am
KRS

Update

Well today I got another response from pigsback, not what I wanted to hear though:
Originally Posted by pigsback email
Hi KRS,

Thank you very much for your email.

I am afraid we do consider members who avail of the Priority Club reward scheme while making a booking as having taken up another offer or discount and therefore not eligible to receive the PiggyPoints for the booking they have submitted to Pigsback.com as per the Terms and Conditions.

This is a standard Term and Condition and it is featured on some of our offer pages including Intercontinental.

Thank you very much for flagging this with me and I will contact my colleague who looks after the processing of these submissions and ask her to be more vigilant when processing postal submissions.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused, and if you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Lynn

Member Services Team Leader

Not really sure how I can pursue this any further. I still think the Priority Club points earning is none of pigsback's business...
Old Nov 21, 2007, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Silver / Bonyoy Platinum
Outrageous!

They need to make this much clearer on the pigsback site! Why not contact Priorityclub and ask if IATA commission is reduced if PC Points are earned? Only option I can think is to not register your PC details until after the stay then do a retrospective claim.

Or tippex out then copy the invoice so it looks like no points issued.

Or another option...many governmental policies do not allow the claiming of Frequent Flyer etc points so ask the hotel if they can print an invoice without the PC Number then reprint for your own record with it added back in again.

Hmmm, looks like they are just looking for excuses not to pay out similar to Cashback Mobile Phone line rental deals.

Originally Posted by KRS
Well today I got another response from pigsback, not what I wanted to hear though:

Not really sure how I can pursue this any further. I still think the Priority Club points earning is none of pigsback's business...
Old Nov 21, 2007, 3:11 am

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador
Hi

I Was just going to put in my last 3 months worth of Pigsback claims, looks like I may well be wasting my time. Think a big stink needs to be made over this with both Pigsback and Intercontinental as I for one have booked ICHG properties over other options, knowing that I would be getting the vouchers from pigsback. Wonder if there is any worth in getting in touch with the ASA or the OFT - surely the interpretation that Pigsback are making needs to be explicit on the offer ?

What a damn con !

Just another case of rip off Briatin perhaps

Mark
Old Nov 21, 2007, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by KRS
Well today I got another response from pigsback, not what I wanted to hear though...
They say:
I am afraid we do consider members who avail of the Priority Club reward scheme while making a booking as having taken up another offer or discount and therefore not eligible to receive the PiggyPoints for the booking they have submitted to Pigsback.com as per the Terms and Conditions.

This is a standard Term and Condition and it is featured on some of our offer pages including Intercontinental.

What T+Cs? These are on the pigsback swebsite:

Offer open to Pigsback.com members only
You must book your stay through Pigsback.com to be eligible for your PiggyPoints
Offer subject to availability
Offer cannot be used with any other offer or discount
Please allow 1 month for your PiggyPoints to be credited
Full terms and conditions available from Intercontinental Hotels and Resorts
This offer is due to expire on Aug 31, 2008

What other offer or discount? PCR is neither. Prices are identical whether points are awarded or not.

Weasel words!
Old Nov 21, 2007, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

We may therefore have an issue ...

The Pigsback IATA number cannot, as far as I can see, be removed from your PC account. This means that Pigsback will continue to earn commission on all your future stays even if you don't submit your receipts. This is obviously not on, if they are refusing to play ball.

Anyone know how to remove an IATA from your profile?
Old Nov 21, 2007, 10:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
We may therefore have an issue ...

The Pigsback IATA number cannot, as far as I can see, be removed from your PC account. This means that Pigsback will continue to earn commission on all your future stays even if you don't submit your receipts. This is obviously not on, if they are refusing to play ball.

Anyone know how to remove an IATA from your profile?
I have an upcoming stay at an IC property this weekend so I can try to find out how to do this from the folks at the front desk. Perhaps they can add the IATA number manually at check-in and just for that specific booking, without it having to "stick" to the PC account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.