Wiki Posts
Search

Unannounced PerkSaver Promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2007, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
Unannounced PerkSaver Promotion

Just an FYI, didn't see this posted anywhere else, but I called today to make an award travel reservation, IND-SFO in August and was able to snag a PerkSaver ticket without a Saturday night stay for the 25k miles. The agent at first thought it would default into a PerkPass because of no Sat. night but after speaking with a supervisor, he said that NW is running an unannounced promotion that allows people to book a PerkSaver ticket without Saturday night stay.

So I suppose I can't give many details since this is all I was told, but hope it might be useful to someone who might have otherwise been holding out from forking over double miles...
Old May 30, 2007, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by CGNC
The agent at first thought it would default into a PerkPass because of no Sat. night but after speaking with a supervisor, he said that NW is running an unannounced promotion that allows people to book a PerkSaver ticket without Saturday night stay.
Eh...I'm going to have to ask for some corroboration on this, no offense.

Anyone else experienced this? Care to offer some clarification zip or scoopy?
Old May 30, 2007, 10:05 pm

Programs: DL PE, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, UA Prem, PC Plat
Actually, I recently experienced this, also involving IND, interestingly: DCA-IND (cash crunch due to too many FT "bargain" biz class tickets )
Old May 30, 2007, 10:54 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I was told the other day by a Platinum agent that the Saturday night stay no longer exists for standard awards.
Old May 31, 2007, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
would this promo be for NW metal only? I tried pricing an AS award w/o sat and it did not come up with anything. LOTS of choices once I included the Sat stay....
Old May 31, 2007, 6:07 am

Programs: DL PM, AA PLT, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime PLT
Thumbs up

I just found out this morning that I need to go to New York today and return on Saturday. Even though there are still some good fares out there, after reading this thread I tried an award search on NWA.com and found multiple tickets at 25,000. I was not signed in. I hope this policy is here to stay!!
Old May 31, 2007, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
Thumbs up

Wahoo! Glad this has been helpful, it seems as if there are different stories out there as to why the Sat. night stay isn't a requirement anymore but let's just hope they keep it that way--makes things much easier and keeps us happy too...
Old May 31, 2007, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
This is definitely exciting! ^
Old Nov 1, 2007, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
I too was able to find PerkSaver availability without the Sat. stay at the time this was posted - now sometimes I can and sometimes I can't - it seems to be connected to the length of stay - for example, a one night stay (out Sunday, back Monday) priced at 50K. Same with a 2 night stay.

However a three night stay (out Sunday, back Wednesday) priced at 25K.

Any idea what the current policy is?

Last edited by Watchful; Nov 1, 2007 at 4:21 pm
Old Nov 1, 2007, 7:38 pm

Programs: NW GE
Hmm, didn't even know the Sat. stay requirement existed... This is good news.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.