Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > National | Emerald Club
Reload this Page >

Do any cars in National's fleet have XM Radio?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2007, 6:33 pm
Original Poster

Im switching from Avis to National and I was wondering if any cars in National's fleet have Sat Radio....If so which models and is there a charge for it?
Old May 14, 2007, 6:38 pm

Programs: * A
Hi Landsend, to answer your second question, National does not charge extra for the satelite radios that comes with the rental cars. I have had XM radios built-in most of the impalas, malibus, grandprixes, and caddies. Hope it helps!
Old May 14, 2007, 8:36 pm

Welcome to the best car rental company in the US! Nearly all of the top SUV's in National's fleet have XM as well!
Old May 15, 2007, 12:16 am

Programs: PC-Plat AA National-Exec
It has been hit and miss for me at SNA. There was only one car in the exec section today that had the little black XM hump near the back. I was actually sitting down in the car when a Dodge Magnum (no sat radio) showed up and I grabbed it.

I don't think I have ever found a car with XM in the standard emerald aisle at SNA.
Old May 15, 2007, 2:42 am

Do what the rest of us do...

As soon as you get to the National lot, quickly scan the cars for the black XM radio antenna - quickly run.
Old May 15, 2007, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL Gold, National Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by djlndc
As soon as you get to the National lot, quickly scan the cars for the black XM radio antenna - quickly run.
Haha, I always find myself hyperventilating when I enter the aisle area. I have a few thoughts floating in my head...

1) XM
2) Sunroof
3) Leather

If I can't find something that meets at least 2 of those criterias, I scan the lot looking for a car without the box checked, and then I take it. Very very rarely can I not get at least Leather or a Sunroof on my vehicles from National, they are usually all pretty well equiped.
Old May 16, 2007, 1:47 pm

A couple years ago, XM was very common. These days, I rarely see cars with XM at the locations I frequent.
Old May 16, 2007, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Do all of the Luxury cars in National's fleet have XM or only certain models..and once you get a car does National allow you to come back and swap out cars easily if they have the model you want...At Avis they would always let me do that if they had the car I wanted on the lot..If anyone has any advice on how National differs from Avis I would appereciate it
Old May 16, 2007, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.4 MM Hertz Gold, National Executive Elite, Starwood Gold, Hyat Gold
I rented a PT cruiser from EWR this week with sat radio. You find them quite often.
Old May 16, 2007, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I usually grab an Impala from the ailse at DFW and always get xm.
Old May 17, 2007, 1:12 am

Programs: PC-Plat AA National-Exec
Has anyone ever rented a car from national with a Sirius radio in it? I've noticed quite a bit of repeats on the comedy channels on XM and I kind of like the channels on Sirius better.
Old May 20, 2007, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by anarch
Has anyone ever rented a car from national with a Sirius radio in it? I've noticed quite a bit of repeats on the comedy channels on XM and I kind of like the channels on Sirius better.
Found one from LAX location last year and I hold to the car for two months. Very rare to have Sirius equipped cars on National.
Old May 20, 2007, 11:13 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Delta and United Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by anarch
Very very rarely will you find Sirius. National's big fleet deal is with GM and they are aligned with XM. The exception of course are the independently owned Franchise locations that buy their own cars. Then things can vary a lot. (sadly though many of those locations tend to not offer Emerald Aisles so you'll probably have to pay for a better car)
Old Feb 19, 2009, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K (woohoo), SPG Gold, HH Diamond, MR Silver, Avis Worst, National Exec Elite; Destinations Many
BUMP!!! Any Updates on Satellite

I am an EE and am renting weekly from RDU. I tend to find the selection of cars with SAT Radio to be hit or miss. I usually select an SUV from the EE aisle, such as a highlander or pathfinder and those cars generally do not have SAT. This week I have a Cherokee, which does have SAT. SUVs with SAT really seem to be sporadic to me.

Next week I need to drive about 500 miles, but will have alot of luggage so I want a car with SAT.

Anyone have any recent experience different from my own?
Old Feb 19, 2009, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by Hmbrglar
I am an EE and am renting weekly from RDU. I tend to find the selection of cars with SAT Radio to be hit or miss. I usually select an SUV from the EE aisle, such as a highlander or pathfinder and those cars generally do not have SAT. This week I have a Cherokee, which does have SAT. SUVs with SAT really seem to be sporadic to me.

Next week I need to drive about 500 miles, but will have alot of luggage so I want a car with SAT.

Anyone have any recent experience different from my own?
Well, if you see the post before yours, generally only *domestic* cars have XM satellite radio.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.