Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are there plans to have a Skybus forum?

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2007, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Are there plans to have a Skybus forum?

Even though Skybus does not have a loyalty program , are there plans to include a Skybus forum? I am sure some FT'ers will at least want to try it, and surely Skybus regulars would enrich our community, though they might be the target of constant ribbing.
Old May 11, 2007, 5:12 am
In Memoriam

There already is one... budget travelers....
Old May 13, 2007, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Originally Posted by underpressure
^ ^
Old May 13, 2007, 7:02 pm

Programs: Peon in all
Originally Posted by underpressure
Actually - Skybus would be sub-budget travelers!
Old May 14, 2007, 6:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
underpressure may have been joking, but take a look at the description for the Budget Travel Forum:

"Enjoy discussing low-cost travel (hostels, pensiones, camping, bus and train transport, LCCs, charter flights, inexpensive restaurants, etc.)"

SkyBus definitely falls into the "LCC" category.
Old May 14, 2007, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by Dovster
SkyBus definitely falls into the "LCC" category.
So does JetBlue.
Old May 14, 2007, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
So does JetBlue.
There are some differences. Both JetBlue and AirTran have frequent flyer programs, much better facilities, and cost considerably more than SkyBus.
Old May 14, 2007, 11:26 am

There are some differences. Both JetBlue and AirTran have frequent flyer programs, much better facilities, and cost considerably more than SkyBus.
Well, it is debatable whether or not TrueBlue counts as a frequent flyer program.

But does your response mean that if SkyBus gets a FFP, gets "better" facilities (whatever that means), and raises their prices then you'd advocate having a separate forum for SkyBus?
Old May 14, 2007, 11:47 am

Don't read too much into what I said. If SkyBus were to get a FF program and get away from being simply a cheap way to fly, with the least facilities, and there were enough members who wanted it, then I would be in favor.

(This would also assume that the SkyBus FF program was intricate enough to require discussion. Arkia Airlines, a domestic Israeli company, also has a FF program. You get one point per flight and when you reach a certain number of points you get a free flight. There are no upgrades, no elite status, and no partners. Basically, there is nothing there to discuss. Even if we had a lot of Arkia passengers as members, I would not favor establishing a forum for it.)
Old May 14, 2007, 11:51 am

(This would also assume that the SkyBus FF program was intricate enough to require discussion. Arkia Airlines, a domestic Israeli company, also has a FF program. You get one point per flight and when you reach a certain number of points you get a free flight. There are no upgrades, no elite status, and no partners. Basically, there is nothing there to discuss. Even if we had a lot of Arkia passengers as members, I would not favor establishing a forum for it.)
FWIW that actually sounds a lot like TrueBlue. You get one point per flight (with a couple of exceptions like booking online, using Amex, etc.) and when you reach a certain number of points you get a free flight. There are no upgrades, no elite status, and no real partners to speak of.

But your point is well taken (sort of).
Old May 14, 2007, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
Sounds like Southwest, too.

I've said this before (and suffered disagreements over it), but I feel we need to allow some time to see if new airlines can show some longevity before considering new forums for them.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 8:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by ButIsItArt
Even though Skybus does not have a loyalty program , are there plans to include a Skybus forum? I am sure some FT'ers will at least want to try it, and surely Skybus regulars would enrich our community, though they might be the target of constant ribbing.

I would say the answer is "no"
Old Apr 5, 2008, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 2008 FT1 Fantasy Football Champion
Like I said...

Originally Posted by empedocles
I've said this before (and suffered disagreements over it), but I feel we need to allow some time to see if new airlines can show some longevity before considering new forums for them.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 10:16 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
With the demise of Skybus this past week, it probably makes little sense to continue debate about the TalkBoard authorizing a forum. However for those interesting in hearing more about this airline, there are numerous threads scattered about with recent activity. Here are some examples:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ghlight=skybus

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.