Wiki Posts
Search

Best coach seats in reconfigured A321?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2007, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Best coach seats in reconfigured A321?

If anyone knows the coach-seat plan for the reconfigured A321, please share. I'm booking a flight to LAX in less than a month that shows only 4 rows of F, but there are no updated maps for coach.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EP
Me too--any news? Booked to LAX in July. I was told row 9 only had DE and was non-reclining; row 10 was DEF and reclined. Based on today's config, I selected 9DE--as the seats behind the row with 2 seats is standard coach--with the exception of the window.

In queue for the upgrade, but want to be sure in case it doesn't go through. Thanks.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 1:28 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, National EE, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Yes i am waiting to hear as well. Got 9D down to RSW at the end of the month. Hope it to be a old config and have an easy upgrade.

Knowing my luck I will be on one of the first reconfig. planes and have no upgrade and 9D will be one of the worse seats on the plane!
Old Apr 8, 2007, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
I have a flight next Sunday 4/15 on a new config A321, I just noticed. I am in F (row 2 of four total F rows), but maybe a can take a "look see" while I am on board.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 5:48 pm

I have 4 flights next week (week of 4/16) on A321's and the seat chart shows 4 rows of F on all of them, but coach starts at 9, so I think they are allowing for either. I'm hoping it turns out to be 7 rows of F because right now they are full, maybe I will still have a chance at an upgrade.

I checked a flight for July, it shows coach starting at row 5. So they must be leaving 5 to 8 empty during the "transition", allowing for either type.

Edit: I saw over on USAviation that only 1 has been done and they are reviewing it. Smart move after the A320 disaster.

Last edited by debbieb; Apr 8, 2007 at 6:09 pm Reason: Additional Info
Old Apr 8, 2007, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Interesting. I have an A321 flt on Saturday 4/14 and it shows the old A321 config of six/seven rows of F. But the return on Sunday 4/15 is the new config of four rows.

However, I paid a visit to the US Aviation board and someone there said they are trying out a new config A321 and have not converted them all yet, due to some "technical" issues.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 10:55 am

Question

Next Wed, I have my first flt on a A321 showing the new config. The seating chart is missing rows 5-8. For what is that space being utilized? By chance, did you take notice of of the 3L-3R exit rows 22-23?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Last edited by BluEyedFF; Apr 16, 2007 at 11:24 am
Old Apr 16, 2007, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by BluEyedFF
Next Wed, I have my first flt on a A321 showing the new config. The seating chart is missing rows 5-8. For what is that space being utilized? By chance, did you take notice of of the 3L-3R exit rows 22-23?

Any feedback is appreciated.
Unfortunately due to the weather in the Northeast, I had to fly back on Saturday instead of Sunday, so I missed this flight. I regret that this happened, because I was planning to take some great notes!
Old Apr 16, 2007, 3:25 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by BluEyedFF
The seating chart is missing rows 5-8.
Just idle speculation, but those would be the 1st three rows of coach in the new configuration. Maybe they haven't updated the seat maps to show them as coach rows so just eliminated them in the meantime.

Jim
Old Apr 16, 2007, 3:31 pm

Programs: US CP, Hertz Gold -President's Club, *wood, Marriott, Hilton, Kimpton
TPA-CLT flight #1617 yesterday had the 26F configured cabin. Also had two A321 hops last week, no change to their configs.

For what its worth, as a datapoint, my inquiries to the crews nets a wildly mixed response from "I don't know" to "the change over is well underway...."
Old Apr 16, 2007, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Me262s
TPA-CLT flight #1617 yesterday had the 26F configured cabin. Also had two A321 hops last week, no change to their configs.
Do you recall whether the online seat maps showed 26 or 16 F seats?

I'm curious as to my chances for the upgrade. SeatCounter.com shows only 1 F open on my return. However, if there are physically 10 more F seats (just not displaying on the seat map), then my chances are excellent.

TY for the feedback.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Me262s

For what its worth, as a datapoint, my inquiries to the crews nets a wildly mixed response from "I don't know" to "the change over is well underway...."
Post from US Aviation today:
Well the bad news is A/C 174 went on line this morning so now there are two A-321's in service with the new configuration. The good news is no A-321's are in either PIT or CLT MTC for the purpose of reconfig mods. It is possible Tempe has actually decided to hold off on reconfiguring any more A-321's until the first two have some time in service to evaluate their performance and problems ?

Last edited by me4yankees; Apr 16, 2007 at 3:47 pm Reason: Updated info
Old Apr 16, 2007, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by me4yankees
Post from US Aviation today:
Well the bad news is A/C 174 went on line this morning so now there are two A-321's in service with the new configuration. The good news is no A-321's are in either PIT or CLT MTC for the purpose of reconfig mods. It is possible Tempe has actually decided to hold off on reconfiguring any more A-321's until the first two have some time in service to evaluate their performance and problems ?

Perhaps. But the problem is that the seat maps seem to reflect the updated configuration. I'm booked PHL-LAX rt 5/3, 5/8 on A321's and don't know what seat to grab!
Old Apr 16, 2007, 8:55 pm

I flew 2 A321's this morning. The PIT-CLT was reconfigured. The first 4 rows were first class (16 seats), then 4 rows of coach (24 seats). Then the second exit door. I was in row 12 and didn't walk to the back to see if anything else was different but it seemed the same except that the first row behind the second exit is row 9 instead of row 8. Pitch seemed the same. When I walked in the front door, a maintenance man was delivering hangers, I guess for the hooks behind row 4.

My second flight was CLT-SFO, this aircraft was not reconfigured. After everyone was seated, they called 4 people up to first class to fill seats.

No upgrades either flight, my hit ratio for 2007 is now 3 for 14. Got the e-mail today for my return, not available on either, so heading for 3 for 16. Pretty pathetic for gold. Unlimited Upgrades! Yah right. Wonder how many I lost because of the reduced seats.

Last edited by debbieb; Apr 16, 2007 at 9:08 pm
Old Apr 16, 2007, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by debbieb
The first 4 rows were first class (16 seats), then 4 rows of coach (24 seats). Then the second exit door. I was in row 12 and didn't walk to the back to see if anything else was different but it seemed the same except that the first row behind the second exit is row 9 instead of row 8.
Thanks for our first eyewitness account!

Now for some specifics. If you remember the old A321 config, seats 9A, 9B, 9C, and 9F were great, BUT 9D and 9E were no different than regular coach seats because the only two Row 8 seats were 8D and 8E. So seats 9D and 9E had the same pitch as, say 11D and 11E. Here's a link that shows exactly what I mean: http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/US_...irbus_A321.php

So what seats are actually great seats now? Can you describe Rows 8-10?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.