Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know on Where to Sit on the EMB-170

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mtrainer90
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know on Where to Sit on the EMB-170

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2004, 5:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Exclamation Everything You Wanted to Know on Where to Sit on the EMB-170

Today, United/United Express had an "open house" for the new Chatauqua/Republic UAX Embraer 170 jet for employees at the F gates at ORD. I took advantage of this and was absolutely amazed at everything about this new "regional jet."

This aircraft was fitted with six new soft leather F class seats that were just as if not more comfortable than current domestic F class seats on mainline aircraft. First half dozen rows or so were Economy Plus, and seats wide were all leather throughout. Legroom was more than adequate. A lot of headroom throughout the aircraft, and it seemed very roomy.

I'm sure that many of you will enjoy this aircraft!
Old Oct 8, 2004, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA MP 1K Million Miler, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
I would love to

Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
Today, United/United Express had an "open house" for the new Chatauqua/Republic UAX Embraer 170 jet for employees at the F gates at ORD. I took advantage of this and was absolutely amazed at everything about this new "regional jet."

This aircraft was fitted with six new soft leather F class seats that were just as if not more comfortable than current domestic F class seats on mainline aircraft. First half dozen rows or so were Economy Plus, and seats wide were all leather throughout. Legroom was more than adequate. A lot of headroom throughout the aircraft, and it seemed very roomy.

Flying ORD-RIC tomorrow and returning on Tuesday morning. Stuck on an RJ, would love to be on this.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 6:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Interesting note...

Embraer does not want this aircraft called a "regional jet" but rather a mid size aircraft. Thats why it is being dubbed the EMB 170 not the ERJ.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 7:12 pm

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Originally Posted by UnitedSkies
A lot of headroom throughout the aircraft, and it seemed very roomy.

Just a quick question... How's the overhead storage situation? Any chance a small (not full-size) rollaboard might fit?
Old Oct 8, 2004, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WindFlyer
Just a quick question... How's the overhead storage situation? Any chance a small (not full-size) rollaboard might fit?
The overhead storage is pretty large - at least substantially larger than the CRJ.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For me, it's still a crappy Regional Jet if I have to check my normal-sized carryons planeside. It's a perfectly reasonable ok mid-sized jet if I can carryon my normal carryons.

Last edited by FWAAA; Oct 8, 2004 at 7:42 pm
Old Oct 8, 2004, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Does it have IFE, specifically, channel 9 ?
Old Oct 8, 2004, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by FWAAA
For me, it's still a crappy Regional Jet if I have to check my normal-sized carryons planeside. It's a perfectly reasonable ok mid-sized jet if I can carryon my normal carryons.
This link seems to suggest that normal-sized carryons will fit
http://www.republicairlines.com/imag...ss_section.jpg
Old Oct 8, 2004, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Here is the aircraft and you should be able to see the seat map in the linked site.

Anyone know if they will be flown between IAD and NYC?

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Oct 8, 2004 at 9:27 pm
Old Oct 8, 2004, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
as seauaflyer said, seems like it should accomodate normal-size carryons, which would be nice. hopefully they will put these on PHL-WAS, but highly doubt it
Old Oct 9, 2004, 12:29 am

Programs: Free agent!
There's a picture a couple pictures on Airliners.net depicting the cabin of an Embraer-170 and I definitely agree that it looks much better than a regional jet. Also, one of the pictures comments on how large carry-ons can fit into the overhead bins easily.

Can't wait to fly one of these. They look very nice.
Old Oct 9, 2004, 2:06 am

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Link to such a photo.
Old Oct 9, 2004, 6:56 am

Programs: AA,DL,UA,US
Fokker?

Why does this remind me of United's version of the old American Airlines Fokker 100?
Old Oct 9, 2004, 8:55 am

UNITED'S PR AND PROPAGANDA ONCE AGAIN PROVE ONE THING

YOU CAN FOOL MOST OF THE PEOPLE MOST OF THE TIME

People this is a REGIONAL JET, a REGIONAL JET remember one of those REGIONAL JETS that most people have been complaining about flying
2 to 3 hours in a 31" pitch seat ?Remember even though it says UNITED on the plane United will say "Oh, thats not United, That's United Express"

Now the "Ijust MUST fly this great plane" attitude makes me wonder what you have been smoking.

United says "More Regional jets" and concentrate on overseas and the response is stunning. So let's fill those 31"pitch seats while the competition
is flying full size planes. Let's fill the sky with Regional Jets and see airport delays get longer and longer and longer.

Let's talk about this "great Plane" as a diversion from what another thread calls a "crappy website" that has been going on for at least 2 years and an airline that has a website that would rather book you on US AIrways or Lufthansa than on United Airlines.

Don't wish too hard for this plane or all your wishes will come true (on many routes)...
Old Oct 9, 2004, 9:10 am
hb1

The posted pics of the cabin interior make it seem that rollaboards will fit. What is less clear is how many will fit, since rollaboards cannot be loaded wheels first. On a full flight with lots of biz pax lugging rollaboards on, I suspect that the last few people to board may find all the overhead space taken.

Another question will be whether UX will offer gate-side baggage reclaim for gate-checked bags. If most carry-ons fit in the overhead, only a few bags will be gate checked, and UX might find it more efficient to treat those bags the same as the rest of the checked luggage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.