Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC announces 777 routes including SYD-YVR nonstop

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2007, 11:28 am
Original Poster

From the media release on ac.com http://micro.newswire.ca/release.cgi...3213-0&Start=0

Other 777 routes also announced in the same release - YYZ to LHR/FRA/NRT/HKG and YVR-NRT.

AC33 will be a 2345 departure daily from YVR nonstop to SYD and AC34 will be a 1135-0640 nonstop. The media release seems to indicate a 773 to be used initially from 14DEC through until 01FEB when a 772LR takes over.

Last edited by Al B; Mar 1, 2007 at 11:32 am Reason: Weird Flyer Talk stuff happening!
Old Mar 1, 2007, 1:50 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Thanks for sharing! Interesting to read that they have put their plans for the YYZ-LAX-SYD flight with 777 on ice for the time being.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 2:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Having bumped through HNL in June enroute to SYD, I know how big of an improvement NS will be so big ^ .

Anyone speculate on the NS cost savings versus going via HNL? The landing fees, extra fuel, catering, etc.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 2:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Is the pitch for Y on the YVR-SYD nonstop going to be 32"? or perhaps more?

This is getting exciting!
Old Mar 1, 2007, 4:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
the real exciting news is between NZ and AC there will be 2000 more seats available each week...... thats a huge increase in capacity! Also QA has added the flight from YVR...

SO there should be lots of VERY VERY cheap seats coming... last year YYZ-SYD was $999 for months ^
Old Mar 1, 2007, 4:25 pm

When will AC load the reward seat into AE?
Old Mar 1, 2007, 4:51 pm

Programs: None. I'm cured.
Originally Posted by imverge
When will AC load the reward seat into AE?
Maybe they already have.

MCM.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 4:54 pm

Programs: Distiction Diamond, HHonorsGold, Starwood Gold, Delta
The YVR-SYD full-time daily non-stop is indeed good news.^

As much as I like the HNL Shuffle , this will make the trip so much easier in my opinion.

On another note, what do the new seats in the 777 (J and Y) look like? I wasn't able to find any photos easily.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 5:22 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BA, Delta, SPG Gold, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Trent

On another note, what do the new seats in the 777 (J and Y) look like? I wasn't able to find any photos easily.
They're the same seats as in the XM 767s. There aren't any photos of the 777 interiors yet because they're just starting to put the interiors together.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by Minicooperman
Maybe they already have.

MCM.

I checked and all flights are still via HNL. I also checked the new NZ out of YVR via AKL and they also don't appear.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by East-West AC
They're the same seats as in the XM 767s. There aren't any photos of the 777 interiors yet because they're just starting to put the interiors together.
Is that equipment is -200LR or 300ER?
Old Mar 1, 2007, 6:11 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

The nonstop flights have been loaded into RES and the new flights should appear in AE's web shortly.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by why fly
the real exciting news is between NZ and AC there will be 2000 more seats available each week...... thats a huge increase in capacity! Also QA has added the flight from YVR...

SO there should be lots of VERY VERY cheap seats coming... last year YYZ-SYD was $999 for months ^
And UA W maybe back to $1300.00 from YYZ. Not a bad price for Business Class.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 6:51 pm

Programs: None. I'm cured.
I checked and all flights are still via HNL. I also checked the new NZ out of YVR via AKL and they also don't appear.
Perhaps you do not appreciate my sense of humour and sarcasm.

Just because there are zero seats showing, does not mean that they have not been loaded. Just means that there was only one classic seat ever available... and it has been booked.

MCM
Old Mar 1, 2007, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
The SYD nonstop flights have not been loaded on AC's system yet , but the codeshare with NZ has. Regular CRS' still do not have the info so you won't be able to find the NZ/AC flights yet, although if you have a TA system, you can command direct access into AC's system to view the flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.