Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short changed miles?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2007, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Short changed miles?

I receive 1489 miles on MCI-SEA flight 407. This flight is listed as a "1-stop" flight, but I still have to change planes each time (I've done this 4 times already on 407).
Compare this to the 1556 miles I receive when I fly MCI-DEN, DEN-SEA.

I realize #407 is a continious flight no and the miles are probably calculated "as the crow flies". Why doesn't UA credit the miles for the airports you actually fly into? It rediculous to be penalized a segment and miles just because of a flight number. 67 miles is not alot, but does add up. In my case, I need every segment.

Any recourse for these segments?
Old Feb 23, 2007, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nope, this is UA's policy, unfortunately. Direct flights only count as one segment and the direct EQM's. To avoid this in the future you can use multi-city and book the two segments separately, which should essentially come out to the same cost (except for a couple of dollars in taxes, maybe), and give you two segments and the separate miles.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
I don't think it is at all likely that you can get the additional miles. UA has had the policy for years that you get mileage from point-to-point on a direct, not non-stop flight so that is what you got. It works both ways, though - you'd only need 3 e500s to upgrade on these segments rather than 4.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 9:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by fzwinter
I don't think it is at all likely that you can get the additional miles.
I would go further and say no chance at all.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I would go further and say no chance at all.
Just trying to be polite

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.