Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

How closely do you guard your stuff in airline lounges?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2007, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold

I've never had more than a couple of hours to spend in an airline lounge, but will have four hours one day next week. Normally, I stop at the restroom when I first enter, pick up something to drink and eat, then park myself with my carryon. I'll leave my bag while getting refills, but I've never had my laptop out when I've done that.

Do you ever leave your laptop out when you go to the restroom, walk around the lounge, get food/drink? Or do you put it away and take it with you?
Old Feb 22, 2007, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
No I don't leave anything out when traveling alone. I know it is a big shlep to haul your stuff around, but especially now with people able to buy day passes to many lounges....the private club feeling is gone.

I don't want my stuff to be gone as well.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Sad to say, When I am in the RCC I sometimes turn my laptop on and while it is warming up, I would go get drink and maybe a snack.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 4:46 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
I leave my large carryon in the luggage room as it has nothing in it that would be difficult to replace. And the reason for that is in case it is ever taken from me to be put in the hold of the airplane.

I carry my small carryon with me into the lounge proper for the reason opposite the above.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 5:19 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Depends on the lounge.

If it is say the HON terminal/lounges in FRA/MUC or the Concorde Room in London I wouldn't be too averse to leaving my hand-luggage while making a quick trip to the bar or toilet.

Most other lounges I wouldn't.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 6:08 pm

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
I'll leave my stuff unattended to grab a drink or make a quick bathroom stop in the NW Worldclubs. I figure the chance of a thief paying a membership fee and showing ID to try to steal stuff from a rather controlled place is minimal.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oldpenny16
No I don't leave anything out when traveling alone.
Neither do I.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 6:18 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I'll leave my roll-a-board but never my handbag. Handbag goes where I go; whether to the bar, or the loo My handbag never goes unattended on the aircraft, as well.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Depends on the lounge.

If it is say the HON terminal/lounges in FRA/MUC or the Concorde Room in London I wouldn't be too averse to leaving my hand-luggage while making a quick trip to the bar or toilet.

Same here....apart from the fact I've not been to the HON terminal/lounges
Old Feb 22, 2007, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Depends where I am - for instance, in the SFO Alaska Boardroom, it can be relatively empty when I'm there, or even in the SEA BR, I can go get my snackiecake and beverage and I am pretty much going to pass anyone who tries to take my stuff. In most UA RCCs, I'd never do the same.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
I'll go get something to eat or drink if I can keep an eye on my things, and will leave less valuable items (such as a bag with books and papers) when I go to the restroom. But my laptop is never out of my sight.

I was once in a President's Club in ORD where the housekeeping was so zealous they took away my newspapers and a paperback book when I went to the bathroom.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 8:41 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
I always keep my items secured and under my control. It isn't that I don't trust the fine folks in the lounge, but I am from a high crime region and I feel it is better for me to always remain in the habit of keeping money, valuables, and so on secure.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 9:39 pm

depending on the lounge and its location. here in hawaii, i don't worry too much, but wouldn't be dumb enough to leave the laptop on a table and disappear father than the food/drink stands.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 11:32 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Depends on the lounge.

Ditto.
Old Feb 22, 2007, 11:33 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Fraser
Same here....apart from the fact I've not been to the HON terminal/lounges
Fraser you need to save up some *A points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.