Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the standard F snack on a non-meal flight?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2007, 8:24 am
das
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
What is the standard F snack on a non-meal flight?

I flew ORD-LGA in F (9:35am flight) and we were served a packet of snack mix (same kind as I've seen in Y). Was this a catering error, or is this what AA serves in F on flights with no meal. Seemed out of place for a morning flight - a packet of cookies or nuts would have been better.

Two stickers wasted....
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:00 am
Val

Programs: AA Platinum, 2 Million Miles
Sounds about right to me
Not that I like it
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by das
Two stickers wasted....
So if they had given you one of those pizzas -- the kind you can get for a few bucks in the freezer department of your grocery store -- that would have made it worth $50 of stickers?
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Blumie
So if they had given you one of those pizzas -- the kind you can get for a few bucks in the freezer department of your grocery store -- that would have made it worth $50 of stickers?
Even for lunch or dinner flights, I don't think the $ value of what they serve compared to the cost of stickers would make upgrading worth it!
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Even for lunch or dinner flights, I don't think the $ value of what they serve compared to the cost of stickers would make upgrading worth it!
Couldn't agree more. IMHO, upgrades make sense for the extra room and comfort. For the food? C'mon!
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:51 am

So far all of my "snack" flights since the Invest to Impress program began have been a choice of pizza or chicken fingers with pasta. Both came with a salad (either the Greek Vinagarette or Balsamic Vinagarette), the Wee Brie cheese, and a package of crackers. I don't recall how long the flight has to be for this level of "snack" to kick in. At any rate, I could care less what food is served on a flight, F or Y, longhaul or shorthaul.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
I have never not been offered a meal ORD-LGA. Is this something recent?
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:40 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by vasantn
I have never not been offered a meal ORD-LGA. Is this something recent?
Varies by time of day. There is also a distance threshold for snack vs. drinks only, something like 800 miles (I don't know the exact number, but think it is less than 1000).
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by number_6
There is also a distance threshold for snack vs. drinks only, something like 800 miles (I don't know the exact number, but think it is less than 1000).
I know, but ORD-LGA was an exception to that, being one of the premium business routes. I used to fly it very often at various times during the day and was always offered at least a snack (and I don't mean snack mix or peanuts).
Old Feb 4, 2007, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, so I'm the first to post that I couldn't care less about the food on a flight (including international flights), but today on a STL-BOS flight I found myself a teeny bit excited when the normal hot roast beef or pizza selection was replaced by hot roast beef or enchilada. The enchilada -- cheese on the inside, some chunks of beef on the outside (perhaps allowing vegetarians to eat around them), served over Mexican rice -- was fairly decent. I only regret that because of the TSA idiocy, I no longer carry tabasco sauce with me!
Old Feb 4, 2007, 6:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
First official enchilada sighting ^ A F/A told me about those yesterday on a salmon/pizza flight, but didn't say they'd be out as soon as today. Hopefully I'll get to try them this Wednesday when I'm back in the air.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tom911
First official enchilada sighting ^ A F/A told me about those yesterday on a salmon/pizza flight, but didn't say they'd be out as soon as today. Hopefully I'll get to try them this Wednesday when I'm back in the air.
Prepare yourself: stick a 2.5 oz bottle of tabasco in your TSA 3/1/1 bag.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:31 pm
das
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Val
Sounds about right to me
Not that I like it
UA serves Biscotti on AM flights.... a bit better suited for drinking with coffee or tea in the morning than pretzel mix. But I guess I was expecting too much.

BTW - I didn't spend $$ on this upgrade, it was from upgrades that had accumulated in my account.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by das
I didn't spend $$ on this upgrade, it was from upgrades that had accumulated in my account.
Irrelevant.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:53 pm
FTW

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by das
UA serves Biscotti on AM flights....
I've had Biscotti on AA morning flights. Aren't they still promoting those for miles?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.