Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone use Remote Control Mail?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2007, 10:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
Anyone use Remote Control Mail?

Seems to be a fairly new business model. They will receive any or all of your mail and after previewing a scan of the envelope you direct them to trash, open and scan, store or forward. Other mail handling options are "ala carte." No bill paying or check handling capabilities yet.

Any FTers have experience with it? Their marketing is impressive FWIW. There used to be something called paymybills.com but they're kaput.

I'm tempted to try them for my next deployment or assignment. No one in my family is keen to open my mail and web based bill pay and lookup are widely available. It still seems to require an initial time investment in directing specific address changes i.e. not as simple as just forwarding all mail.

I would think high mileage FTers would be all over this.

Oh, website HERE.

Jim (no, I don't work for them nor get a commission.)
Old Jan 30, 2007, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
A similar company has been around for quite a few years...

http://www.paperlesspobox.com/
Old Jan 30, 2007, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
They don't seem to play the Google game well. I did a search but paperlesspobox didn't pop up.

Their business model poses a problem. Suppose you got a check - it would cost you $4.95 to retrieve it.

Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.