Community
Wiki Posts
Search

maybe more London for 1 GBP

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2007, 6:48 am
Original Poster

maybe more London for 1 GBP

As in the past, I was reading 'The Guardian' Travel supplement and I have seen this about Hoxton Hotel:

"On Valentine's Day, they will release 500 rooms at £1 and hundreds more at £29, £59 and £79 inc vat for stays in April, May and June."

Hope someone can take advantage of this offer, if correct!

[Full article: "Traditionally, accommodation has worked the other way around with the best bargains at the last minute. But even here things are changing. The boutique Hoxton Hotel in London owned by Pret a Manger co-founder Sinclair Beecham ( hoxtonhotels.com ), releases low rate rooms to its earliest online customers a few times a year. On Valentine's Day, they will release 500 rooms at £1 and hundreds more at £29, £59 and £79 inc vat for stays in April, May and June. Travelodge ( travelodge.co.uk ) may not be the most glamorous of hotel chains, but it is one of the most innovative. Its lowest rates (from as little as £15) are offered to its earliest customers."]
Old Jan 28, 2007, 2:26 pm

Programs: IHG RA - PC Plat - SPG Plat - Hilton Diamond - Sixt Plat
Great find!
I was really looking forward something like this. Last time it was a real bargain!
Who knows if they will start selling just at midnight or when?
Let's hope to be fast enough
Old Jan 28, 2007, 5:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by Luca T.
Who knows if they will start selling just at midnight or when?
The 1st sale was at 07:00 GMT, the 2nd at 12:30 GMT
Old Jan 28, 2007, 7:09 pm

Is there a link for the promotion?
Old Jan 29, 2007, 3:40 am

I stayed there on the new years eve weekend for £29 a night, which is a real bargin for this hotel. It is a great place with good service and cool looking rooms. If I don't remember wrong the X01, X24, X25, X40 rooms a bit bigger than the rest, where the X40 has a larger bathroom. So try to get one of them ;-)
I'll do my best to go back.
G
Old Jan 29, 2007, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just stayed again on Friday. ^

Only thing different is that the cost of unlimited films and internet access (for 24 hours) has gone up from £5 to £7.50 - and they've got their 3 'rock-scissors-paper' cushions delivered to the rooms.

I've got a one night reservation here for Sat 24 Feb if anyone wants to trade for equivalently priced points or service - cost was £29. Please PM me if interested.
GONE!!! Don't have this any more.

Last edited by LapLap; Feb 15, 2007 at 10:04 am
Old Jan 29, 2007, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by LapLap
Just stayed again on Friday. ^
Me too !
Old Jan 29, 2007, 5:41 pm

Thanks for the heads up.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 4:21 pm

I'm looking for a hotel room for 1 night in London, Sat 2/24. Hoxton has a room for 99 pounds, is it worth it? Is this place decent?
Old Jan 31, 2007, 4:41 pm

I'm looking for a hotel room for 1 night in London, Sat 2/24
Who didn't read the whole thread before posting

LapLap might be able to help you there, read the 2nd paragraph of her post four above this one.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ross0
Is this place decent?
My review is post #113 in this thread:
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...=589883&page=8

There are a couple of other reviews just afterwards.

Oh yes, towels are still nice and fluffy!

and Thank You FlyingOnceMore! ^

Last edited by LapLap; Jan 31, 2007 at 7:45 pm
Old Jan 31, 2007, 9:24 pm

wow-great thanks. I'll have to read that thread, so much to go through.

Quick question, i'm sort of worried about the location. How was that?
Old Jan 31, 2007, 9:49 pm

Location is absolutely fine, not the most picturesque, but it's in one of London's up and coming trendy areas.

Hoxton is just to the north of 'The City', so pretty busy at all times. Weekend nights are especially so, lots of bars, clubs, etc. in the area. Good cheap eats too.

If you have time Sunday Morning, walk over to Columbia Road. There you'll find the weekly flower market, a real London experience. Plenty of other stuff to browse as well. Still pretty much only known to locals, not really on the regular tourist trail yet.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ross0
Quick question, i'm sort of worried about the location. How was that?
Just as FlyingOnceMore says, it's just a short walk down to Moorgate bringing you into the city of London, which includes Leadenhall Market, Lloyds (same architect as the Pompidou Centre in Paris) and St Mary Le Axe (AKA the Gherkin). Tower Bridge and Tower of London are just a little bit further. Or, once in 'the city', just turn towards the West a little for St Pauls and Tate Modern on the other side of the Thames. All these attractions are within about a mile and a half radius from the hotel.

Or you could get the 55 double decker bus which stops nearly outside the hotel door and get into Holborn and Oxford Street. (It costs £3 for unlimited bus travel around London for one day with an oystercard). The 55 runs all night.

The hotel is also just 2 minutes walk from Old Street Station (on the City Branch of the Northern Line).

Loads of well priced Vietnamese restaurants and gastro pubs in the area directly around the Hotel as well as plenty of nightlife. The hotel bar (ground floor) is getting more and more popular and pulls in a crowd of beautiful looking people.

Restaurant suggestions from me are Eyre Brothers (www.eyrebrothers.co.uk)
And the Princess http://www.squaremeal.co.uk/restaura...?Rest_ID=83371

Last edited by LapLap; Feb 1, 2007 at 8:06 am
Old Feb 8, 2007, 7:31 pm

Usually, Hoxton posts special offers of their website, but I don't see this one, and the date is approaching. Anybody have a link about this special offer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.