Wiki Posts
Search

Jun 07 : UX becomes associate member

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2007, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Jun 07 : UX becomes associate member

According to Voyages d'Affaires magazine, a French magazine on business travel, Air Europa will become a ST associate member in June 2007. Alcino Ribeiro, head of the French offices for Air Europa, is quoted as saying that at that time, UX will give up its own FF programme to use Flying Blue.

http://www.airliners.net/discussions....main/3197811/

Per a thread on Airliners.net.

About bl**dy time!!

I assume that KQ et al will be joining then too!
Old Jan 13, 2007, 8:12 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Would this mean that award seats will not be bookable until these airlines are official partners?
Old Jan 14, 2007, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Finally! Now if they decide to let MH to join then we may see them in SkyTeam by 2040.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:17 am
Suspended

Location: Was living in WAS now DFW, at least closer to IAH!;)
Programs: UA:1K SPG:PLT MR:GLD AVIS-HERTZ:PREZ and AA is for quitters!
Originally Posted by spgaston
Would this mean that award seats will not be bookable until these airlines are official partners?
UX is a partner with some airlines already. I grabbed UX seats on CDG to AGP using CO miles last year for this summer. Very few of them in the system.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by layz
Finally! Now if they decide to let MH to join then we may see them in SkyTeam by 2040.
When is that? Is that year of 2040 but, I don't think so either.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 1:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Skyteam Associate Member... they might as well be on the moon. For all intents and purposes, this is absolutely meaningless for a Skyteam Frequent Flyer. It would one thing if it meant the airline would be a full member within "X" months, but this Associate Membership seems to be some sort of indeterminate purgatory. No miles earned, no miles burned, no upgrades, no codeshares... unless you happen to be a FF member of the sponsoring airline. So what's the point? I just don't get this whole "Associate Member" BS.

Sorry for the rant.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 1:36 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
Skyteam Associate Member... they might as well be on the moon. For all intents and purposes, this is absolutely meaningless for a Skyteam Frequent Flyer. It would one thing if it meant the airline would be a full member within "X" months, but this Associate Membership seems to be some sort of indeterminate purgatory. No miles earned, no miles burned, no upgrades, no codeshares... unless you happen to be a FF member of the sponsoring airline. So what's the point? I just don't get this whole "Associate Member" BS.

Sorry for the rant.
I'm curious too about what exactly is the benefit of these categorizations for the frequent traveller.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 8:44 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
this Associate Membership seems to be some sort of indeterminate purgatory. No miles earned, no miles burned, no upgrades, no codeshares... unless you happen to be a FF member of the sponsoring airline. So what's the point? I just don't get this whole "Associate Member" BS.
Do you know something we don't? FFs were led to believe we'll get our miles and other benefits on Associate memebrs no matter what. The only difference between an associate and a full member would be for the airline itself - associates don't get to vote on aliance-wide issues and they have to give up their own FFP for that of their sponsor. At least that's what I've assumed sinced they announced the whole Associate Member program. Am I wrong?
Old Jan 21, 2007, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by apoivre
Do you know something we don't? FFs were led to believe we'll get our miles and other benefits on Associate memebrs no matter what. The only difference between an associate and a full member would be for the airline itself - associates don't get to vote on aliance-wide issues and they have to give up their own FFP for that of their sponsor. At least that's what I've assumed sinced they announced the whole Associate Member program. Am I wrong?
Big difference: As a NW platinum, I get redeemable miles and elite qualifying miles for flights on KLM metal, but only RDMs - no EQMs - for flights on KLM-sponsored associate Kenyan metal.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 5:23 pm

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by DanTravels
Big difference: As a NW platinum, I get redeemable miles and elite qualifying miles for flights on KLM metal, but only RDMs - no EQMs - for flights on KLM-sponsored associate Kenyan metal.
That's because KQ are not an associate member yet. How do we know we won't get EQMs - well, you won't get EQMs as we FB members already do - once they are in?
Old Jan 22, 2007, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Originally Posted by apoivre
That's because KQ are not an associate member yet. How do we know we won't get EQMs - well, you won't get EQMs as we FB members already do - once they are in?
Hmph, so much for Wikipedia being reliable, I guess!
Old Jan 22, 2007, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by DanTravels
Hmph, so much for Wikipedia being reliable, I guess!
Have a closer look and you'll see it's all part of the Future Members section. I like to think that particular article is pretty reliable - with so many edits of mine...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.