Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Asiarooms...? Does it work? Best deals in SIN?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2006, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska, Bonvoy, Hyatt

Booked 2 rooms for MRs recently, one in Singapore, through Asiarooms. Both reservations didnt complete, because they were unable to confirm the (very good but not great) internet rate. GH SIN was $200, Century Hyatt in tokyo was $150.

Does anyone have any success with this site? I'm looking to stay in Sin nov 30-Dec 2. Prefer a *wood, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton in that order. Anyone have advice or strategy?
Old Nov 18, 2006, 8:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tripmaster
Both reservations didnt complete, because they were unable to confirm the (very good but not great) internet rate.
From my experience if you wait for them to confirm, every hotel in town would have been sold out before they are able to give you an answer and you will end up paying more with last minute bookings elsewhere.

The LM in SIN seems to be good value using starpoints.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 6:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tripmaster
Booked 2 rooms for MRs recently, one in Singapore, through Asiarooms. Both reservations didnt complete, because they were unable to confirm the (very good but not great) internet rate. GH SIN was $200, Century Hyatt in tokyo was $150.

Does anyone have any success with this site? I'm looking to stay in Sin nov 30-Dec 2. Prefer a *wood, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton in that order. Anyone have advice or strategy?
You are probably advised to book directly with the hotel chains since you are so close to the traveling dates.

Grand Hyatt, Marriott and Hilton are all smacked in the middle of the orchard road area. All of them are good choices. Hilton is undergoing some renovation, not too sure if they have completed it.
Old Nov 22, 2006, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
This seems to be a very common problem with Asia Rooms - one that must have been mentioned half a dozen times on FT this month alone!

Asiahotels.com does offer instant confirmation on some hotels - might be worth checking them out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.