Wiki Posts
Search

eqs and eqm question for direct flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2006, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott Plat, HH gold, Avis/Hertz Pres
eqs and eqm question for direct flights

im booking some travel to den, and theres some cheap fares going through from bwi to mci and it says 1 stop then at mci i switch planes to den. departs bwi at 1006 arrives at mci 154. so it invloves a stop. I should technically get the eqs for that stop, but will i officially?
Old Oct 31, 2006, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
If I understand you question... You are taking a flight BWI-MCI-DEN but it is listed as one flight number (BWI-DEN, with one stop)?

If it IS the same flight number and you are tisketed as one flight you will only receive 1 EQS and direct mileage from BWI-DEN
Old Oct 31, 2006, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
If I understand you question... You are taking a flight BWI-MCI-DEN but it is listed as one flight number (BWI-DEN, with one stop)?

If it IS the same flight number and you are tisketed as one flight you will only receive 1 EQS and direct mileage from BWI-DEN
No, sorry to confuse you.
its listed as 1 flight number from bwi-mci, but it says 1 stop, and theres no way it takes 6 hours to get there. then im listed on another flight from mci-den. i know i would get the 2eqs's but with that other stop between bwi-mci would I since i landed somewhere, and who knows where to, just says 1 stop on united.bomb
Old Oct 31, 2006, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
I think I follow your question, but I have to admit, your aren't expressing yourself very clearly! Let's see if I have it right:

1) You need to go from BWI to DEN
2) You saw that there are cheap fares in the BWI-MCI market
3) You bought two tickets, one BWI-MCI, and one MCI-DEN
4) Your BWI-MCI flight is direct (one flight number) but with a stop (most likely ORD)

SO....
5) You will get two segments credits for the BWI-DEN trip, one for each flight number
Old Oct 31, 2006, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zrs70
I think I follow your question, but I have to admit, your aren't expressing yourself very clearly! Let's see if I have it right:

1) You need to go from BWI to DEN
2) You saw that there are cheap fares in the BWI-MCI market
3) You bought two tickets, one BWI-MCI, and one MCI-DEN
4) Your BWI-MCI flight is direct (one flight number) but with a stop (most likely ORD)

SO....
5) You will get two segments credits for the BWI-DEN trip, one for each flight number

ok i am def not expressing myself clearly at all....lol my fault heres my itinerary: so i guess i dont get eqs's or miles for that stop? i didnt think so, but since i am technically landing and taking off, ya know

1 United Airlines 483 Everyday low fares Dec 20 10:06 am BWI 1:54 pm MCI 1 stop
United Airlines 305 Everyday low fares Dec 20 3:42 pm MCI 4:24 pm DEN Non-stop

2 United Airlines 490 Everyday low fares Dec 24 12:25 pm DEN 6:29 pm ORD 1 stop
United Airlines 766 Everyday low fares Dec 24 9:15 pm ORD 11:59 pm BWI Non-stop
Old Oct 31, 2006, 3:58 pm
btr

Programs: IHG, MP, Enterprise+
Originally Posted by dcsnowwake
ok i am def not expressing myself clearly at all....lol my fault heres my itinerary: so i guess i dont get eqs's or miles for that stop? i didnt think so, but since i am technically landing and taking off, ya know

1 United Airlines 483 Everyday low fares Dec 20 10:06 am BWI 1:54 pm MCI 1 stop
United Airlines 305 Everyday low fares Dec 20 3:42 pm MCI 4:24 pm DEN Non-stop

2 United Airlines 490 Everyday low fares Dec 24 12:25 pm DEN 6:29 pm ORD 1 stop
United Airlines 766 Everyday low fares Dec 24 9:15 pm ORD 11:59 pm BWI Non-stop
Looks like this to me:
UA 483: 1 EQS/1024 EQM
UA 305: 1 EQS/ 532 EQM
UA 490: 1 EQS/ 888 EQM
UA 766: 1 EQS/ 621 EQM
Total: 4 EQS/3065 EQM
Old Oct 31, 2006, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

i figured as much, just sucks arse since your going to another airport anyway
Old Oct 31, 2006, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
But, wait, wait! I thought I read something somewhere about an FT trick allowing one to get credit for each leg of the journey, even if the flight number remains the same across two legs. Somewhere I got the impression that by building this itinerary leg by leg you could "trick" the system into giving you one EQS per leg (e.g. two for UA flight 483 and one for UA flight 305, in this case). Is that not the case? Would this likely result in a higher fare?
Old Oct 31, 2006, 7:18 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by iapetus
But, wait, wait! I thought I read something somewhere about an FT trick allowing one to get credit for each leg of the journey, even if the flight number remains the same across two legs. Somewhere I got the impression that by building this itinerary leg by leg you could "trick" the system into giving you one EQS per leg (e.g. two for UA flight 483 and one for UA flight 305, in this case). Is that not the case? Would this likely result in a higher fare?
Not exactly. That trip trick is used by people for upgrades primarily (splitting domestic and international portions of an itinerary). It may or may not work for mileage earning, but I believe (and someone correct me if I'm wrong), that it has been reported NOT to work.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
If you book each segment separately, it will work...

The OP needs to find out where the stops are between BWI and MCI and DEN and ORD. It should cost $5-7 per leg to break the fare into separate segments, but is doable.

Often though, we're talking a benefit of 20-50 miles, so unless OP is going for EQS if may be futile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.