Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

The official M.R. Bonuses (both targeted and general-non,targeted) Thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The official M.R. Bonuses (both targeted and general-non,targeted) Thread.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2006, 9:25 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
Double Membership Rewards® points October 1, 2006 - December 31, 2006

looks like they're back , didn't take my plat , YMMV

americanexpress.com/earnpoints
Old Oct 30, 2006, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by andrewsheehan
looks like they're back , didn't take my plat , YMMV

americanexpress.com/earnpoints
thank you. time to switch from Amex Delta back to the Amex Gold.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 6:53 am

I'm curious. How did you find this latest "double points" promotion? Did AMEX send you something in the mail? I'm not sure if I'm going to sign up for this or not since it's capped at 100,000 points. I will be spending $300,000 between now and the end of the year, and I don't want to enroll in one of these too quickly if another might come out with no cap. I'm sure many of us remember the myriad variants on the base bonus promotion earlier in the year (i.e. each had different minimum spend thresholds and bonus caps).
Old Oct 31, 2006, 7:17 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Thank you. Accepted Rewards Plus Gold, rejected Platinum as per terms.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 7:24 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by cyrdog
I don't want to enroll in one of these too quickly if another might come out with no cap. I'm sure many of us remember the myriad variants on the base bonus promotion earlier in the year (i.e. each had different minimum spend thresholds and bonus caps).
If this were that type of promotion I think you would find the variants by altering the numerals that appear in the url. Try changing "02" to various other combinations and report back if you find another live link...

"https://www109.americanexpress.com/dole/EnrollmentServlet?request_type=gngsim02_splash&flt-prodType=earnpoints"

https://www109.americanexpress.com/d...ype=earnpoints
Old Nov 3, 2006, 8:21 pm

Programs: UA 1P, NW Gold
Originally Posted by cyrdog
I'm curious. How did you find this latest "double points" promotion? Did AMEX send you something in the mail? I'm not sure if I'm going to sign up for this or not since it's capped at 100,000 points. I will be spending $300,000 between now and the end of the year, and I don't want to enroll in one of these too quickly if another might come out with no cap. I'm sure many of us remember the myriad variants on the base bonus promotion earlier in the year (i.e. each had different minimum spend thresholds and bonus caps).
I received this double MR points offer by regular mail. I recently switched to platinum and was not able to register for this promo.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT, CO GLD, UA 1P, Marriott SLVR, SPG GLD...
I also received the double MR mailer. Now why did they send out the mailers on Oct 31 for a promotion that started on Oct 1?
Old Nov 3, 2006, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

[QUOTE
So the question is, how does one get targeted?????? Like the OP, I am never targeted for anything.[/QUOTE]

OP here.

I'd say a good way to get targeted is to take all amex products out of your wallet and put in a sock draw. @:-)

Starting January, I am leaning towards using Merrill + as my primary payment veichle.

3X MR points here I come
2X starwood points here I come
Old Nov 7, 2006, 11:06 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, Marriott Titanium
I have a US-based platinum charge card, and I just received this targeted offer via email.

From the T&C: Qualifying charges include all eligible retail, furniture, home goods, and warehouse club purchases posted between 11/01/06 and 12/31/06.

Anyone have any idea what an "eligible retail" charge is, and more importantly, what it might exclude?
Old Nov 7, 2006, 10:02 pm

Very interesting. I already registered for this double points offer and was able to register for this one too. It also says
This offer represents one additional bonus point when used in conjunction with other bonus points offers.
I wonder if I'll get triple points on those purchases.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 8:26 am

Thanks for the heads-up. This is the first time I've been able to successfully register my AMX Platinum card for double Membership Rewards--have registered my AMX Delta Skymiles Platinum card many times for double and even triple promotions.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by monster
I have a US-based platinum charge card, and I just received this targeted offer via email.

From the T&C: Qualifying charges include all eligible retail, furniture, home goods, and warehouse club purchases posted between 11/01/06 and 12/31/06.

Anyone have any idea what an "eligible retail" charge is, and more importantly, what it might exclude?
I successfully registered my plat. card for this. Good find! I was beginning to think about downgrading to Gold to get all of the promos.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 11:16 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Thanks! Finally something which works for plat!

Anyone know if supplementary cards have to be individually registered?
Old Nov 8, 2006, 10:33 pm

Weird, I tried both gold and plat cards, no luck with either?
Old Nov 9, 2006, 12:57 am

Worked for my Cent...astounding.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.