Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Turnaround at Rome (LGW-FCO-LHR) and Rome Terraces

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2006, 2:22 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Yes!

I'll be doing a LGW-FCO-LHR turnaround in FCO, in order to start an ex FCO ticket. (I won't have any check-in luggage.) So,

1. Are arrivals and departures segregated at FCO like at say LHR? Or is more like AMS or MUC?

2. Will I need to leave airside at FCO? I could PYOBP my FCO-LHR BP before I leave home that morning.

3. When I OLCI for FCO-LHR, will I be able to print off my BP for LHR-YYZ segment the next day at the same time?

4. Any idea about what the Terraces at Rome are like, and in particular if they have computers or even WIFI? And any sarnies or something in the afternoon...

TIA!
Old Sep 6, 2006, 2:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
Originally Posted by AJLondon
I'll be doing a LGW-FCO-LHR turnaround in FCO, in order to start an ex FCO ticket. (I won't have any check-in luggage.) So,

1. Are arrivals and departures segregated at FCO like at say LHR? Or is more like AMS or MUC?

2. Will I need to leave airside at FCO? I could PYOBP my FCO-LHR BP before I leave home that morning.

3. When I OLCI for FCO-LHR, will I be able to print off my BP for LHR-YYZ segment the next day at the same time?

4. Any idea about what the Terraces at Rome are like, and in particular if they have computers or even WIFI? And any sarnies or something in the afternoon...

TIA!
1) Arrivals are downstairs in the satellite terminal you arrive then can go upstairs to the connections straight into departures
2) It would be best as you can go straight up
3) no idea
4) Okay the terraces are in the main building - no computers - not too sure about the WIFI (from memory none but this was over six months ago) - some small crostinis are placed out
Old Sep 6, 2006, 3:51 am

Programs: Mucci Grandee (Upgraded), BA Silver, AZ MilleMiglia
Originally Posted by AJLondon

TIA!
1. Segregated
2. You can stay airside if you PYOBP - just follow the (slightly confusing) signs to transfers when you get into the terminal. Queues at the security check aren't bad. I fly LHR-FCO a couple of times a year to connect on to a domestic flight all the way over in terminal A, and if I allow an hour I just make it (so I usually allow more)
3. I don't think so if it's more than 24 hours in advance
4. There's a separate thread somewhere on this. Very spacious lounge but not much in the way of facilities or snacks, and terminal C airside is not a great place for eating generally. I think there's Wifi (BT Openzone?) but there aren't any computers. NB you need to get the little people mover train back from the satellite into the main terminal C to go to the lounge.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 4:32 am

Programs: BA , HH, PC RA
Was there last friday.
Nice lounge but no PC terminals.
BT Openzone WIFI is available.
Sarnies are available but very 80's British Rail type - curly and wrapped in cling flim. Contents are only known if you dare to bit into one.
Usual bar contents but no champagne.

Its situated upstairs opposite Gate C2.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Thanks a heap everyone. ^

Just some clarifications regarding the transfer: I see from the above posts that arrivals are segregated.

So when we arrive it is in the satellite terminal downstairs, then I guess I just follow the signs for transfers and proceed upstairs and re-clear security. So will I be avoiding the "main" terminal completely?

And is the Terraces also in the Satellite terminal? And if not is there an airside transfer between the satellite and the main terminal, i.e. train, tunnel etc?

In case I haven't managed to PYOBP, will I still be able to stay airside and get my new BP from the Terraces? And if not, is the check-in desk also located landside in the satellite terminal or is it in the main terminal?

Finally if I come armed with the PYOBP for FCO-LHR, will the Terraces be able to issue the BP for LHR-YYZ (connecting flight next day, on the same ticket.)
Old Sep 6, 2006, 6:45 am

Programs: Mucci Grandee (Upgraded), BA Silver, AZ MilleMiglia
[So when we arrive it is in the satellite terminal downstairs, then I guess I just follow the signs for transfers and proceed upstairs and re-clear security. So will I be avoiding the "main" terminal completely? And is the Terraces also in the Satellite terminal? And if not is there an airside transfer between the satellite and the main terminal, i.e. train, tunnel etc?]

- It should all be clear when you follow the signs to Transiti-Transfers. Through security, and then follow the signs to gate C2 which is the one next to the BA lounge. This will take you through flight connections and back to the main terminal C. It doesn't usually take long (empty compared to LHR).

[In case I haven't managed to PYOBP, will I still be able to stay airside and get my new BP from the Terraces? And if not, is the check-in desk also located landside in the satellite terminal or is it in the main terminal?]

- I'm pretty sure the lounge has the facility to print boarding cards. The main BA checkin is landside in terminal C. There isn't a landside in the satellite terminal, it's all airside. Think of it as a sort of much larger T4 Victor zone where they have helpfully provided a train instead of expecting pax to walk for 10 minutes, and also some shops and bars.

[Finally if I come armed with the PYOBP for FCO-LHR, will the Terraces be able to issue the BP for LHR-YYZ (connecting flight next day, on the same ticket.)]

- Never tried, but I would imagine so assuming they have the facility to print boarding cards.

Have a good trip
Old Sep 6, 2006, 7:40 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by swissytrader
Was there last friday.
Nice lounge but no PC terminals.
BT Openzone WIFI is available.
Sarnies are available but very 80's British Rail type - curly and wrapped in cling flim. Contents are only known if you dare to bit into one.
Usual bar contents but no champagne.

Its situated upstairs opposite Gate C2.
Did they have any glasses? A couple of weeks ago there was a notice saying that due to technical problems there were no glasses available - only plastic beakers - very classy!
Old Sep 6, 2006, 8:46 am

Programs: BA , HH, PC RA
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Did they have any glasses? A couple of weeks ago there was a notice saying that due to technical problems there were no glasses available - only plastic beakers - very classy!
Fully glassed up!!
As you mentioned technical problems, every phone and fax line was out of order.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Thanks BAAZ. ^ Makes perfect sense now.... I think!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.