Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Best LAX hotels for plane spotting" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2006, 3:59 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite

Thanks
Old Aug 25, 2006, 6:02 am

Programs: American Airlines, Continental, United, Southwest, BA, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors, Hyatt
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Thanks
Not a good answer to your post, but the Sheraton LAX has some nice rooms than overlook the runways of LAX.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 6:13 am

You should search the posts, because I recall one that specifically mentioned certain rooms at one of the LAX hotels (Westin?) that have an outdoor hot tub where the guest has a great view of at least one of the LAX approaches.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cacic
Not a good answer to your post, but the Sheraton LAX has some nice rooms than overlook the runways of LAX.
Yeah, but it's overlooking the south side which has 1 runway closed & being torn up for the next howevermanymonths it ends up taking to move it. So, only 1/2 as many flights coming/taking off from that side as before. Might want to look for something on the other side of Century.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, PPL/IR
Not balconies as such, but the Radisson has an outdoor area from its rooftop bar (used mostly by smokers!) from which you get great views of traffic arriving from the east.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 7:02 am

Programs: AA Gold, Husband AA EXP (yeah!!) Hya Dia, Marriott
Definitely the Westin & it's their Spa suites - large balconies with jacuzzis on them - can't remember which wing was better viewing, though - perhaps someone else can help? Do ask for one on the highest floor possible - I think the hotel is 12 stories & we've had one on the 11th, which was very cool.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Embassy Suites on Imperial Ave. can give a great view of runways 25/7...
Old Aug 26, 2006, 8:36 pm

One of the posts above reminded me of the thread I was thinking of in my first message: www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=566833
Old Jan 11, 2008, 11:20 am

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Hotel w/Best View of Airport Activity (LAX)?

May be going to airline collectibles show on 1/26. Looking for LAX hotel with good views over the field or of approaching/departing aircraft.

Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2008, 12:03 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I've only stayed on the north side of the airport.
The Radisson is just on the other side of Sepulveda and if you get a room that faces north, you have a view of all approaches onto the north runways.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 9:09 am

Programs: Solitarie PPS, Marco Polo Gold, Mileage Plus Premier
Try Embassy Suite as you can watch the domestic landing on the southern runway + Int'l take off as well...
Old Jan 12, 2008, 10:23 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
The Westin has a nice view of the cargo complex and the starts of the south (25L/R) side, the Radisson a similar view of the north (24L/R). The former Furama/Amfac Hotel is farther away but looks back at LAX from the ends of the north side.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 11:44 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
The Westin has a nice view of the cargo complex and the starts of the south (25L/R) side, the Radisson a similar view of the north (24L/R). The former Furama/Amfac Hotel is farther away but looks back at LAX from the ends of the north side.
i thought the "fabulous furama" was torn down (or was this just wishful thinking in a dream )
Old Jan 12, 2008, 12:09 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by goalie
i thought the "fabulous furama" was torn down (or was this just wishful thinking in a dream )
The bungalow portions of the property were torn down; the tower remains.

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=114
Old Jan 13, 2008, 3:23 pm

Programs: FT Member # 642
Here is the view from my jacuzzi at the Westin LAX http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/3JrSD...TqSrh2q3JJXESg

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.