Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

AA Weekly New York /JFK - SJD / San Jose del Cabo began Dec '06 - ending Dec '07?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Weekly New York /JFK - SJD / San Jose del Cabo began Dec '06 - ending Dec '07?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2006, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium

American Airlines to Begin Service From New York JFK to San Jose del Cabo on Dec. 16
Wednesday July 26, 12:41 pm ET

NEW YORK, July 26 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- American Airlines announced today that beginning on Dec. 16 it will offer direct service from New York John F. Kennedy International Airport to the popular resort area of San Jose del Cabo, in the Baja California region of Mexico.
American will operate one flight each week on Saturday, together with a return flight the same day. This seasonal service will extend through April 9, 2007. The airline will fly the new route with a Boeing 757 aircraft with 188 seats configured for both business class and main cabin.

"The Los Cabos region is a great destination for travelers who want to enjoy its high-end resorts, golf and deep-sea fishing," said Chuck Imhof, American Airlines Managing Director for Greater New York. "American has served Mexico for more than 60 years and already has a substantial presence and identity at Los Cabos. Regular non-stop American Airlines flights from JFK to San Jose del Cabo will be a welcome opportunity for New Yorkers who want to partake in the Los Cabos experience."

"Discerning New Yorkers have enjoyed the many attractions of our beautiful region for many years," said, Lic. Jose Manuel Gonzalez Arriola, Municipal Director of Tourism for Los Cabos. "Now we are delighted that the world's largest airline is initiating a direct flight that will make it even more convenient for them to partake in the unmatched vacation experience we offer."

American Airlines, a founding member of the global oneworld® Alliance, currently serves San Jose del Cabo with three daily flights from Dallas/Fort Worth, two daily flights from Los Angeles, and three weekly flights from Chicago.

American Airlines service between JFK and San Jose del Cabo will be as follows:

JFK International to San Jose del Cabo (Saturdays)
Flight Departs Arrives
607 11:00 a.m. 3:01 p.m.

San Jose del Cabo to JFK International (Saturdays)
Flight Departs Arrives
608 4:00 p.m. 10:50 p.m.

Link

Last edited by JDiver; Nov 8, 2007 at 12:35 pm Reason: restore original post title
Old Jul 26, 2006, 11:19 am

Programs: AA PLT; UA Gold
Why would AA open a new leisure route? Couldn't the 757s be better deployed on a higher-yield route?

I would have expected the headline to say "JetBlue to Begin Service From New York JFK to San Jose del Cabo" -- at least their costs are low enough to make money on that kind of thing?
Old Jul 26, 2006, 11:21 am
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by justageek
Why would AA open a new leisure route? Couldn't the 757s be better deployed on a higher-yield route?

Do you know a lot of business routes needing an extra 757 on Saturday? I assume they realized that on weekends they had an extra one around.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 11:27 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by justageek
If I'm not mistaken, SJD caters quite a bit to the well-heeled vacationer and it is not uncommon to find real paying pax. in the F cabin (at least on DL's current Saturday-only JFK-SJD 738 flight)...
Old Jul 26, 2006, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
If I'm not mistaken, SJD caters quite a bit to the well-heeled vacationer and it is not uncommon to find real paying pax. in the F cabin (at least on DL's current Saturday-only JFK-SJD 738 flight)...
Yes, it is. DL is curerntly for flying from JFK-SJD every weekend only. But, I doubt think about extra weekly flights to SJD. I think should need more higher-yield for whose connection from JFK. I can't exactly think about DL is good from either SLC, ATL or JFK-SJD. I can feel good for DL is stronger.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 11:52 am

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
I seem to remember seeing an annoucement that they were seeking authorization on this a while back, glad to see that it finally materialized.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by olimaspecto
I seem to remember seeing an annoucement that they were seeking authorization on this a while back, glad to see that it finally materialized.
AA actually got the JFK-SJD authority a while back already (actually both AA and DL were the only two who applied and under the new US-Mexico bilateral, 2 carriers from each side are allowed on many routes except for MEX and GDL I believe) - at the same time that DL got theirs. DL started the weekly service in late Spring, and I guess AA waited until the peak winter season to start theirs.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA Gold
Sorry, I somehow missed the fact that it's a once/week flight not daily...
Old Nov 8, 2007, 9:47 am

Programs: Marriott Plat; UA Silver
Has American discontinued this route? I am looking to fly NYC to SJD direct in March 2008 and no direct flights are showing up in the system or the timetable.

Thanks for your help.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 11:15 am

Programs: aa exp 1MM, alaska air, united, hhonors gold, spg gold
Confusing title given that Dec 16 was last year.....
Old Nov 8, 2007, 12:06 pm

Programs: US,HH
AA seems to fly nonstop M-F until 12/12. No service again until 12/22 with Saturday only departures. Service stops again on 12/29. Nothing in Jan/Feb/Mar.

Try CO or DL if you want non stop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.