Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advance on PC points?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2006, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Advance on PC points?

Has anyone been successful in getting an advanace on PC points so they can book a hotel stay?

I need 800 more points to book a set of nights for a vacation to California in early fall. I'm a gold member and have some paying nights already booked at HIs for the end of this year. Is there any chance that PC will advance me a few hundred points so I can book my nights at HI?

I know some airlines do this occassionaly, but I've never heard of a hotel do the same. I've already tried the promotions pages and registered for of the promos that I can.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 11:30 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by medic
Has anyone been successful in getting an advanace on PC points so they can book a hotel stay?

I need 800 more points to book a set of nights for a vacation to California in early fall. I'm a gold member and have some paying nights already booked at HIs for the end of this year. Is there any chance that PC will advance me a few hundred points so I can book my nights at HI?

I know some airlines do this occassionaly, but I've never heard of a hotel do the same. I've already tried the promotions pages and registered for of the promos that I can.
I don't think they will. You could buy 1000 points for $12.50 or you could get somebody to transfer you 1000 points for $5.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 12:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Hi
I would go for the buy 1000 points idea that has been suggested. Quickest and best way.

regards
Old Jul 15, 2006, 5:20 am

Programs: Priority Club RA, UA 2P
Originally Posted by medic

Before I found this site, I needed ~4K points for the Nickledeon in Orlando to complete a 7 day stay. I called for an advance & they gratiously accepted. It was funny to see a negative balance on my account. BTW - I'm a Platinum member now, but a Gold member years ago (thanks to this forum!)
Old Jul 17, 2006, 11:27 am
Original Poster

got it

Great customer service - I called PC customer service and they gave me 1000 bonus points without any problems and helped me to book my stays. Perfect!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.