099 Euro Stockholm
099 Euro Turin

via MUC/FRA + 50 Euro (Birmingham + 80)

Almschi
Old Jul 4, 2006, 8:28 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
almschi, thanx for your info :-) ^

*highly theoretical pondering mode on*
together with the rtf-offers in sweden and ARN as destination one could imagine to make a rtf-milagerun through europe :-)

e.g.
sat NUE-FRA|MUC-ARN ARN-FRA|MUC-FCO
sun: FCO-FRA|MUC-ARN ARN-FRA|MUC-NUE

if there is a rtf-offer from italy as well there could be the possibility to add another roundtrip ex fco.
together with a cheapo extra seat on each ticket (as discussed in this thread) you could earn as ftl/sen up to 18750 status miles for three cheapo rtf-tix (as hon even 22500 miles)

*highly theoretical pondering mode off*

but in the end - who would waste a whole weekend flying around the continent - just for the miles ???

cheers
CHris

Last edited by f0zzyNUE; Jul 4, 2006 at 9:42 am
Old Jul 4, 2006, 9:11 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
how many miles for 3 "cheap-o"-RTFs? Base mileage for a connection roundtrip for 160 EUR is 2500 miles, so I count 7500 miles, plus status bonus for FTL/SEN thats not even 10000 miles. As you were talking about status miles, I dont think you took into account any promos.

Well, for FCO being among tomorrows destinations... Don't all those Italian fussball supporters have to go HOME tomorrow after the Italian team lost against Germany tonight? So there shouldnt really be any seats..
Old Jul 4, 2006, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
but in the end - who would waste a whole weekend flying around the continent - just for the miles ???
You mean except for 98% of FTers? Nobody.
Old Jul 4, 2006, 9:59 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by mith
how many miles for 3 "cheap-o"-RTFs? Base mileage for a connection roundtrip for 160 EUR is 2500 miles, so I count 7500 miles, plus status bonus for FTL/SEN thats not even 10000 miles. As you were talking about status miles, I dont think you took into account any promos.
sorry, one link was not correct in my first posting ... i was talking about buying an extra seat (only ticket price without taxes and other surcharges) as discussed in this thread and gain full miles for the extra seat. so the calculation would be 160€ + ~ 20€ for the extra seat per rtf-ticket-double - getting 5000 base miles + double status bonus

CHris

p.s. italians will (after losing the game against the germans) still play for the 3rd place .. anyway this milage-run could also take place the weekend after :-)

Last edited by f0zzyNUE; Jul 4, 2006 at 10:05 am
Old Jul 4, 2006, 1:29 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
i was talking about buying an extra seat (only ticket price without taxes and other surcharges) as discussed in this thread
Where is it proven that you would not have to pay taxes or other surcharges for the extra seat? I know that I have only done it (and seen it done) on LH when paying the same ticket price on each seat.
Old Jul 4, 2006, 4:59 pm

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by Grog
Where is it proven that you would not have to pay taxes or other surcharges for the extra seat? I know that I have only done it (and seen it done) on LH when paying the same ticket price on each seat.
so where can i buy that cheapo extra ticket?only via LH telephone i suppose, so they can apply the non-tax/surcharge thing. but how do i get the same cheap booking class as RTF? thought they are only bookable through www.
i hope we can bring light into this, as it is an interesting, creative way... can be especially important towards to end of the year to reach the status renewal...
Old Jul 4, 2006, 4:59 pm

Programs: BA,Amex,Hilton,Hyatt,SPG
Originally Posted by Grog
HON Circle Hotline told me, that you can book a second seat and get the miles but not online!
Therefore, RtF offers are not possible to book without paying the taxes...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.