Wiki Posts
Search

xONEx ex.ARN

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2006, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, AP*E
xONEx ex.ARN

Has anyone got any chance booking a xONEx through a sweden-based TA?
If so, would you be willing to share the details either publicly or privately?
TIA
Old Jun 6, 2006, 6:12 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
The very first call/message I'd make/send would be to Tal Aviation, American Airlines' GSA in Sweden (www.talaviation.com). Tal serves as AA's rep in several countries; they've been able to issue AA-plated RTW tickets in some places (WAW) but not others (IST) with the differences being somewhat opaque. Still, if you could work through them instead of BA I bet you'd be ahead of the game.
Old Jun 6, 2006, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by preimroc
Has anyone got any chance booking a xONEx through a sweden-based TA?
If so, would you be willing to share the details either publicly or privately?
TIA
I am in the process of ticketing mine. Like Gardyloo said, AA's agent is Sweden is Tal Aviation and I got their contact details right from the AA page. I am only taking a while because I keep changing my routing and I don't want to ticket until it's final, but the process so far has been very smooth.

Call AA RTW, setup the booking. They submit it to Dublin for pricing, and a day later you call back and it's priced. When you're ready for ticketing, contact Tal Aviation with payment details. They will ship tickets within Sweden only, but they can also send to ARN for pickup at the BA desk, or you can pick it up from their office in Upplands-Väsby (Infra City).

After first trying with BA, dealing with their horrendous customer service, and waiting 2 weeks to get a price, I strongly recommend you stay away from them.

When I have mine ticketed I will post more details, but feel free to ask any more questions.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 5:22 am

Programs: SK EBG *G
I booked my LONE4 through STA Travel in Stockholm, but they ticket through BA, which has no idea of the rules of the ticket, I spent hours on the phone with BA CS to get it right, so I cannot recommend them (although STA Travel did everything to help me out, they cannot be blamed for BA's incompetence)
Old Jun 10, 2006, 4:26 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Even though I have no personal experience with ex-Sweden RTWs, I am pretty sure AY will issue one for you without problems. ARN is a sort of minihub for them also...
Old Jun 10, 2006, 11:20 am

Programs: BA/VS Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
The BA people in Sweden (Northbook) had zero problems booking and pricing an AONE3 this spring, so I can't agree with mannen's assessment of their OWE abilities.
Old Jun 10, 2006, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I tried to book a RTW through BA in Germany. I kept getting connectied to call centres god knows where. The people hardly spoke English - sounded African to me - and did not have a clue of xONEx fares. They told me to fax it in to them for pricing.

Didn't bother with any of that nonsense and found a good TA in Romania to book my ticket. Worked very well.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 6:58 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Rambuster
...Didn't bother with any of that nonsense and found a good TA in Romania to book my ticket. Worked very well.
Does this mean the Romania prices are in USD and a bargain? Or is it in Euro and not that low?
Old Jun 11, 2006, 7:49 pm
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by number_6
Does this mean the Romania prices are in USD and a bargain? Or is it in Euro and not that low?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=564957
Old Jun 11, 2006, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, AP*E
Just an update on my situation so far : I have contacted 2 different agents at TAL Aviation (AA GSA) in the Nordic Countries and have received no reply whatsoever. Ditto for a Stockholm-based TA.
Thank you anyway for the advice.
Will post again if something of interest comes up.
Old Jun 11, 2006, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by preimroc
Just an update on my situation so far : I have contacted 2 different agents at TAL Aviation (AA GSA) in the Nordic Countries and have received no reply whatsoever. Ditto for a Stockholm-based TA.
Thank you anyway for the advice.
Will post again if something of interest comes up.
I have always received replies to my emails to TAL Aviation in Stockholm within a day. How are you contacting them?
Old Jun 16, 2006, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by MiamiBeach
I am in the process of ticketing mine. Like Gardyloo said, AA's agent is Sweden is Tal Aviation and I got their contact details right from the AA page. I am only taking a while because I keep changing my routing and I don't want to ticket until it's final, but the process so far has been very smooth.

Call AA RTW, setup the booking. They submit it to Dublin for pricing, and a day later you call back and it's priced. When you're ready for ticketing, contact Tal Aviation with payment details. They will ship tickets within Sweden only, but they can also send to ARN for pickup at the BA desk, or you can pick it up from their office in Upplands-Väsby (Infra City).

After first trying with BA, dealing with their horrendous customer service, and waiting 2 weeks to get a price, I strongly recommend you stay away from them.

When I have mine ticketed I will post more details, but feel free to ask any more questions.
Just wanted to update this thread with my experience issuing a RTW ticket in Sweden. I called Tal Aviation in Sweden, gave them my credit card number and they issued the hand-written tickets. I checked with all the carriers and the ticket numbers are in the record and tickets will be delivered to the BA ticket office at ARN. No problems at all throughout the whole process.

Originally I had started calling BA RTW, but the experience with them was just horrible. Two weeks for BA just to get a price when AA takes less than a day. I would recommend dealing with AA RTW whenever possible.
Old Jun 16, 2006, 3:40 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Just wanted to update this thread with my experience issuing a RTW ticket in Sweden. I called Tal Aviation in Sweden, ...
Did you have to phone and/or was email ineffective? Tal has a generally good reputation, fwiw.
Old Jun 16, 2006, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by number_6
Did you have to phone and/or was email ineffective? Tal has a generally good reputation, fwiw.
I didn't really want to email credit card numbers. All communication prior to that was email.
Old Jun 16, 2006, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Jtickets will be delivered to the BA ticket office at ARN. No problems at all throughout the whole process.
Anyone want a little wager on whether BA will charge you GBP25 for handling the ticket?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.