Wiki Posts
Search

Today's BA16 cancelled

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2006, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Today's BA16 cancelled

Just arrived in SYD and the BA16 I'm on this avo (sorry) is cancelled. Don't know why I'm in such good humour, because they're trying to get me on GF, which gets into London at 18:00 on Sunday, i.e. 12 hours late.

Currently in the QF F lounge in SYD. Anyone got any suggestions for getting a BA Gold travelling in WT+ onto a better option?

Incidentally, there appears to be a Krug display on in the lounge with a jeroboam of the stuff. Might try and see what's going on here then!
Old Mar 24, 2006, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Just realised it's 1:57am in the UK. Bugger.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 7:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It may be 02:00 in London, but it is 13:00 here in SYD

Why not try getting onto

QF29 which seems to have a Y seat available departing at 18:00 arrive London 07:20
VS201 to HKG connect to CX251 depart SYD 15:50 arrives LHR at 05:45 seems to have plenty of availability in premium economy for SYD-HKG

Dave
Old Mar 24, 2006, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Dave! But I was in WT+ so wouldn't want to drop down to Y unless vast compensation!

AHA! Just as I type, I'm informed that I've been put on the BA10 in WT+. Problem solved it seems as it's now basically the same flight, but just via BKK instead of SIN. Perfect.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by PhilH
Thanks Dave! But I was in WT+ so wouldn't want to drop down to Y unless vast compensation!

AHA! Just as I type, I'm informed that I've been put on the BA10 in WT+. Problem solved it seems as it's now basically the same flight, but just via BKK instead of SIN. Perfect.

Ah well... all sorted; thats good. There was availabilty in first but given that WT+ is still an economy cabin I doubted that BA would have provided other than economy and I doubt that the compensation would have been vast

Dave
Old Mar 24, 2006, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Trouble is that I'll probably end up with a middle seat or something. They won't let me check-in until 3 hours before, i.e. 14:15. Might go and try earlier...

By the way is this QF F lounge the tempoaray replacement for the old one upstairs (this one is downstairs below the concourse level)? Or is it the permanent replacement?
Old Mar 24, 2006, 7:15 pm

Trouble is that I'll probably end up with a middle seat or something. They won't let me check-in until 3 hours before, i.e. 14:15. Might go and try earlier...

By the way is this QF F lounge the tempoaray replacement for the old one upstairs (this one is downstairs below the concourse level)? Or is it the permanent replacement?
Why not use the internet milarky and try an OLCI?

The new QF lounge ( which used to be a QF J lounge before they moved upstairs ) is a temporary replacement whilst refurbishment takes place

Dave
Old Mar 24, 2006, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Nope, nothing on OLCI as I feared. I doubt BA's systems are THAT sophisticated that OLCI can deal with a cancellation and re-booking!
Old Mar 24, 2006, 8:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold
they're trying to get me on GF, which gets into London at 18:00 on Sunday, i.e. 12 hours late
I'm surprised you didn't jump at the chance given your awesome experience on the flights to/from BAH
Old Mar 24, 2006, 8:15 pm

Nope, nothing on OLCI as I feared. I doubt BA's systems are THAT sophisticated that OLCI can deal with a cancellation and re-booking!
Ah well, perhaps a prayer to the deities of involuntary upgrades

Dave
Old Mar 24, 2006, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA97
I'm surprised you didn't jump at the chance given your awesome experience on the flights to/from BAH
LOL! They were being very non-commital on whether I'd been booked in J or Y. If it had been Y I would have said no way! J I might have done as it would have been on the nicely euipped GF planes (i.e. the nice A340 and A330), but really waiting here until 22:15 tonight (another 10 hours at the time) and then 4 hours in BAH would have meant a 12 hour delay and that's too much even for a effective op-up to J on GF.

I now have a middle seat on WT+ on the BA10 Lounge angel (definitely not a dragon this one) has kept my BP in case a better seat becomes available.... shame there's not a smiley for "fingers crossed" !

Hope you enjoyed your F flight to SFO by the way!

Last edited by PhilH; Mar 24, 2006 at 8:40 pm Reason: baconnect.org.uk not in fact blocked
Old Mar 24, 2006, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Hope you enjoyed your F flight to SFO by the way!
I'm just hoping he didn't go ahead with his plans as per the BA Connect calendar:

'Intending to arrive at the First Lounge (Terminal 4) at approximately 12:00 (Comments: Have a guest this time )'

Old Mar 25, 2006, 2:24 am

Due to technical difficulties in Singapore, BA15 cancelled it's SINSYD leg. BA16 SYDSINLHR as aforementioned as been cancelled.

Pax were "dispersed" on the following airlines: Singapore Airlines Limited, Virgin Atlantic Airways and companies such as QF, GF, CX.

BA15 from SIN to LHR is still cancelled. The aircraft is sitting at the remote stands of the undeveloped SIN Terminal 3.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 2:38 am
SLF

Programs: Various
Perhaps Tits will provide some insight
Old Mar 25, 2006, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
Due to technical difficulties in Singapore, BA15 cancelled it's SINSYD leg. BA16 SYDSINLHR as aforementioned as been cancelled.

Pax were "dispersed" on the following airlines: Singapore Airlines Limited, Virgin Atlantic Airways and companies such as QF, GF, CX.

BA15 from SIN to LHR is still cancelled. The aircraft is sitting at the remote stands of the undeveloped SIN Terminal 3.
Are you THE Singapore_Air of the infamous trip report to Saigon? How is the tampon absorbancy testing going?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.