Wiki Posts
Search

AA codeshare on HA earns only 250 minimum EQM/RDM for elites

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2006, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT (Lifetime GLD), Hilton Silver, Marriott Silver, AA Dining VIP
AA codeshare on HA earns only 250 minimum EQM/RDM for elites

On AA.Com it says that HA flights in V earn 250 miles. What is unclear is if the flight is a AA Code-Share (ie: HA Metal, AA number) does one earn only 250 miles (and how many Q-Points) or the regular 500 miles (and 500 Q-Points)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

While information regarding EQM (elite-qualifying mile) and RDM (redeemable mile) minimums in this thread remain correct, information regarding EQP (elite qualifying Point) minimums in the 2006 posts of this thread are now outdated. EQP earning rules changed in January 2009 and are now based on fare class multiplier x EQM; there is no longer a separate 500 EQP minimum. In addition, minimum mileage guarantees now only apply to AA elites.

For related resources, see:

FAQ: How are miles and points calculated?

Wiki: Miles and Points

Help Desk: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...culations.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...aa-flyers.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-conus-hi.html

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Last edited by dstan; Sep 8, 2011 at 11:05 am
Old Mar 2, 2006, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
Originally Posted by AA-Platinum
On AA.Com it says that HA flights in V earn 250 miles. What is unclear is if the flight is a AA Code-Share (ie: HA Metal, AA number) does one earn only 250 miles (and how many Q-Points) or the regular 500 miles (and 500 Q-Points)
So it seems to me that you will earn regular redeemable (non-EQMs) on any Hawaiian flight in those fare classes - no codeshare necessary. If you wanted EQMs/EQPs then yuo would need a codeshare.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
This came up for me in Jan 2006, and I started a thread about it (but I can't locate the thread just now). If the (interisland) flight is booked and flown as an AA codeshare, you'll get 500 EQMs and EQPs. If booked and flown as an HA flight number, you'll get 250 miles which are not elite-qualifying.
Old Mar 2, 2006, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by card1953
This came up for me in Jan 2006, and I started a thread about it (but I can't locate the thread just now). If the (interisland) flight is booked and flown as an AA codeshare, you'll get 500 EQMs and EQPs. If booked and flown as an HA flight number, you'll get 250 miles which are not elite-qualifying.
Thanks
Old Jul 31, 2006, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Update and a Question

Update:
For my interisland flights booked as an AA Codeshare (7xxx), I received 250 miles + my status bonus. I received my miles within 48-72 hours of flying.

Question:
Mrs. Plat, with no status, has yet to recieve anything more than two weeks after the flight (she was booked on HA, rather than AA codeshare) as we used miles to fly her to HNL and then bought an interisland ticket (much cheaper, great use of miles). Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes HA miles to post on AA?
Old Jul 31, 2006, 2:55 pm

Programs: SPG-Gold, Amex-Plat., AA-Plat.
Now I'm confused , so if I am booking DFW to OGG on a AA through
HNL and the ticket says AA operated by hawaiian air does the HNL to
OGG part get me an additional 500 miles. I am planning to try for the
plat. chalenge this next summer and I thought this would work.

My plan was CRP-OGG (through DFW & HNL), OGG-LIH (through HNL)
and then LIH-CRP (through HNL & DFW)

I have no status so if I don't get the 500 miles per leg this won't meet
my 10,000 miles needed.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wintermom
Now I'm confused , so if I am booking DFW to OGG on a AA through HNL and the ticket says AA operated by hawaiian air does the HNL to OGG part get me an additional 500 miles. I am planning to try for the
plat. chalenge this next summer and I thought this would work.

My plan was CRP-OGG (through DFW & HNL), OGG-LIH (through HNL)
and then LIH-CRP (through HNL & DFW)

I have no status so if I don't get the 500 miles per leg this won't meet
my 10,000 miles needed.
For either the Gold for Platinum Challenge you need POINTS, not Miles. The number of points you need is based on your ticketing class. The following link has all the details (http://www.aa.com/content/AAdvantage...rements.jhtml).

If you are booked in G,Q,N,O,S you will only receive 0.50 points for miles flown (thus you would need to fly 20,000 miles to complete the PLT Challenge and 10,000 miles flown to complete the Gold Challenge)

As to whether or not you will earn 10,000 miles, I can not answer that question.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 3:56 pm

Sorry , should have said I thought each leg got me a minimum of
500 points (even in a discounted fare). What worried me was that part of my trip while booked on AA is "operated by HA" Your post , if I understood correctly said you only received 250 miles plus your status.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

Sorry , should have said I thought each leg got me a minimum of
500 points (even in a discounted fare). What worried me was that part of my trip while booked on AA is "operated by HA" Your post , if I understood correctly said you only received 250 miles plus your status.
I was under the same impression that you were. Based on what was posted to my account, it appears that you only receive 250 even if on an AA #
Old Jul 31, 2006, 4:59 pm

The 250 EQM or points is a serious problem for my plan.

However, in answer to your question, I just did the same as your wife and
it took about 2 weeks for the HA miles to post to my AA account.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:19 am

I was under the same impression that you were. Based on what was posted to my account, it appears that you only receive 250 even if on an AA #
Maybe you should call AA, I rechecked my thread titled "First Class to
Hawaii" and I was told several times that as long as its a codeshare
AA flight you would get 500 minimum EQP per leg.

I posted this question on the challange thread yesterday but no response
so far.

Let us know!
Old Aug 1, 2006, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Maybe you should call AA, I rechecked my thread titled "First Class to
Hawaii" and I was told several times that as long as its a codeshare
AA flight you would get 500 minimum EQP per leg.

I posted this question on the challange thread yesterday but no response
so far.

Let us know!
I spoke to AA Customer Service this morning. They were also under the same impression that I was (500 miles). But, after checking, they determined that even on a code share you only earned a base of 250 miles and 250 points.
Old Aug 1, 2006, 11:08 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Earning 250 EQP / 250 EQM on an HA / AA codeshare is a major anomaly one can not easily find on aa.com - thanks for bringing this to FT-AA's members' attention. We'll have to add to the Wiki and a sticky. Talk about undocumented!

Recap: It appears (especially as evidenced by AA-Platinum's experience) one earns a minimum of 250 redeemable only miles on HA-operated HA interisland flights, and only 250 EQP/EQM on HA-operated AA codeshare interisland flights.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
Earning 250 EQP / 250 EQM on an HA / AA codeshare is a major anomaly one can not easily find on aa.com - thanks for bringing this to FT-AA's members' attention. We'll have to add to the Wiki and a sticky. Talk about undocumented!

Recap: It appears (especially as evidenced by AA-Platinum's experience) one earns a minimum of 250 redeemable only miles on HA-operated HA interisland flights, and only 250 EQP/EQM on HA-operated AA codeshare interisland flights.
I finally found out where this information is: page 11 of the 2006 Platinum Benfits Guide (see Minimum Mileage Gurantee)
Old Sep 8, 2011, 7:07 am

Programs: AA EXP
Has 500-mile minimum miles change for elites?

I had an AA codeshare operated by Hawaiian and miles posted as follow

Mileage: 163
Bonus: 337

In the past, I have always received 500 elite qualifying miles plus 500 bonus miles. Has this been changed recently?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.