Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

“Celebrate Spring with 20% Bonus Miles”: Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Exp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

“Celebrate Spring with 20% Bonus Miles”: Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Exp

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2006, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
“Celebrate Spring with 20% Bonus Miles”

In my statement today:

"What's the perfect way to celebrate spring? Earning 20% bonus miles on all eligible purchases you make with your Delta Skymiles Credit Card!

Earning 20% bonus miles is easier than you think. Just enroll, then use the card...from March 1 through April 30, 2006.

Visit Link to enroll."

Enrollment required by 4/30/06. 8-12 weeks for points to post. Blah blah.

P.S. I have a Gold SkyMiles Amex

Last edited by Canarsie; Feb 8, 2006 at 5:37 pm Reason: The title of the thread has been amended so that other Delta forum FlyerTalk members know that the offer is for Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express cardholders only.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Here we go again..........
Old Feb 8, 2006, 4:45 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
"You have successfully enrolled. You will earn 20% Bonus Miles on all of your eligible spending from March 1 - April 30, 2006. So be sure to use your Card for all of your purchases. With bonus miles, your next vacation is closer than you think."

Old Feb 8, 2006, 7:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL, HHonors, AA, US, Aloha Pass, BA, CO, HawaiianMiles, Chairman, Centurion, AXP, MR, MHC Gold
Originally Posted by Recreation
In my statement today:

"What's the perfect way to celebrate spring? Earning 20% bonus miles on all eligible purchases you make with your Delta Skymiles Credit Card!

Earning 20% bonus miles is easier than you think. Just enroll, then use the card...from March 1 through April 30, 2006.

Visit Link to enroll."

Enrollment required by 4/30/06. 8-12 weeks for points to post. Blah blah.

P.S. I have a Gold SkyMiles Amex
Last year I received double miles every month. Some months took a minimum purchase of $2500.00 (piece of cake) but others just had to enroll. Are they going to get cheap on us this year?
Old Feb 8, 2006, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Dang, I really need to get one of these credit cards. Even the GA on Monday told me I should have the DL Amex.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 5:45 am

Some additional info. The link allows you to register both your personal and business DL AMEX cards. Or at least it allowed me to do so. Double miles would have been a whole lot better but every little bit helps, I suppose. Thanks, OP.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 8:08 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
I believe a similar offer was available earlier this year to targeted customers, and it seemed that only Gold cards were targeted. I was just able to enroll my platinum business card.

Also, if I recall correctly, last year's January offer of an additional 20.05% was not applied to "Always Double Miles" purchases (i.e., those purchases earned 1.0 bonus mile per dollar, not 1.2 bonus miles). But the T&C of this promotion seem to indicate that Always Double Miles purchases will earn 1.2 bonus miles (a total of 2.2 miles) per dollar spent. Then again, I may be mis-remembering last year's T&Cs.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drbond
Last year I received double miles every month. Some months took a minimum purchase of $2500.00 (piece of cake) but others just had to enroll. Are they going to get cheap on us this year?
I know. I've gotten hopelessly spoiled with double everything promos. Now 20% seems...chintzy. Nonetheless, 120% is better than 100%.
Old Feb 9, 2006, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL PM
Thanks-I was able to enroll my Plat. card.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Before anyone else enrolls, you might want to try and enroll for double miles in Feb at americanexpress.com/deltaenroll first. Not sure if this is a targeted promo or not but I was told my card was not eligible and I'm wondering if it was because I signed up for the spring promo.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
The double miles promo is targeted. My gold card was not valid. I guess I'll take my 20% and like it.
Old Feb 10, 2006, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Recreation
Before anyone else enrolls, you might want to try and enroll for double miles in Feb at americanexpress.com/deltaenroll first. Not sure if this is a targeted promo or not but I was told my card was not eligible and I'm wondering if it was because I signed up for the spring promo.
I got this when I tried to sign up:

Thank you for your interest in the Double Miles on Everything promotion. The promotion ended on December 31, 2005.

Me thinks the 20% sign up had nothing to do with it not working seeing as how we are nearly 1.5 months into 2006.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 4:31 am
g50

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA LTP, Hyatt Globalist, FB Plat
What is the link for 20%?
Old Feb 11, 2006, 6:20 am
g50

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA LTP, Hyatt Globalist, FB Plat
https://www109.americanexpress.com/d...ype=deltabonus

Thanks don129 for the link in AMEX
Old Feb 11, 2006, 9:57 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
The current, targeted offer for double miles that you might want to check before signing up for the 20% offer is at http://www.americanexpress.com/deltapromo . Note that it's deltaPROMO, not deltaENROLL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.