Community
Wiki Posts
Search

South African Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2006, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

South African Airlines

I am about to make reservations for RTW starting from US in April. Need to be in China and then to Bangkok in April. In May go to Newzealand; June-July in Australia; August in South Africa; September in East Africa. They say they cannot take us from South to East Africa because South African Airways is not part of the Alliance. I read somewhere that they will be part of it on April 1. Does any one know a) if this is indeed the case and b) if so, why can't they include it in the itinerary now. Thanks.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by ken kotecha
I am about to make reservations for RTW starting from US in April. Need to be in China and then to Bangkok in April. In May go to Newzealand; June-July in Australia; August in South Africa; September in East Africa. They say they cannot take us from South to East Africa because South African Airways is not part of the Alliance. I read somewhere that they will be part of it on April 1. Does any one know a) if this is indeed the case and b) if so, why can't they include it in the itinerary now. Thanks.

April Fool's seems to be the day, but from what I've read here SAA has been so bad in following through on earlier committments that many FTers do not believe them... This is best shown by the fact that Swissair is already part of their RTW despite not being a Star member yet, just as Singapore was many years back. But RTW are flexible so you could change it by end summer if SAA is already in it. But you're itinerary sounds way more than 29K...
Old Feb 6, 2006, 9:22 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Braniff
...But you're [sic] itinerary sounds way more than 29K...
Of course, there are also the 34K and 39K versions...

cheers,

Henry
Old Feb 7, 2006, 12:11 am

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
My CRTWSTAR3 will take me to CPT in the beginning of April - im flying DAR-JNB-CPT on a separate SAA ticket and my hope is to rebook while in South Africa to fly SAA back to LHR. I really hope RTW booking will be available from April 1st!
Old Feb 7, 2006, 12:45 am

AU to SA is going to be interesting once SA finally become a member. Currently SA only code with QF from SYD & use their own metal flights from PER-JNB only. To get to PER on :-: from within Oz you either have to go to N.Z. first and then back or up to SIN/BKK and down. If you're already going to SIN for the second option, why wouldn't you take SQ over to JNB anyway.
A tad ironic if the SA code on QF from SYD-JNB will be allowed on a :-: RTW, a la the TG BKK-TLV flight.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 11:10 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by henry999
Of course, there are also the 34K and 39K versions...

cheers,

Henry

Yes, I know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.