Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Long Beach, CA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Long Beach, CA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2002, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Location: Naples, FL/Monaco ... Hilton Gold ... Starwood Gold...Hyatt Plat
Arrow Westin Long Beach, CA [Master Thread]

I am booked at the Westin Long Beach May 29-June 2 (priceLine). I spoke with the front desk about my Gold upgrade and she (her name is Ha'a)graciously pre-blocked a corner room for me on the 15th floor.

Just wondering is anyone has stayed there and knows of better rooms available. The hotel seems pretty open as far as availability.

------------------
Tom
Old May 20, 2002, 3:01 pm
ALW

Stayed here several times back in 1999. I don't remember any suites or anything like that (it used to be a Sheraton, I believe). But the rooms were quite nice and on the ocean side, a nice view too.

Once had a "smart room" with fax and better working space, but it was on the city side. I'd take the ocean view, unless of course I planned to do a lot of work.

andrew
Old May 20, 2002, 3:29 pm
ALW

The Westin Long Beach is a curved building on Ocean Blvd. I haven't been there in a couple of years, and I sometimes confuse it with my memories of the Renaissance (also nice). But I think the Westin is directly opposite the Performing Arts Centre, and most of the ocean-view rooms I had, had a view of Queen Mary. (Again, as I recall).

andrew
Old May 20, 2002, 11:05 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Very nice hotel, 3 miles from my house, and yes, I have stayed there numerous times. It was just upgraded last year from Cat 2 to Cat 3. Walk down to Pine and Broadway for good dinners and entertainment. Sorry I won't be home that weekend, or I would come down and visit with you.
Old May 21, 2002, 3:02 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Spouse & I were at this Westin in Oct. and had one of those corner rooms. Though not as big as a suite, nice TV sitting area separated from Heavenly bed area. Great view overlooking Harbor/Queen Mary. Staff was great, outdoor pool was nice and warm. As others have said, there are many great restaurants within an easy walk and the concierge will help you find them.
Old May 22, 2002, 2:38 am

How far is this hotel from the Long Beach Airport?

Do they offer a shuttle service? Or does everyone in Calif. assume that you will rent a car?
Old May 22, 2002, 8:23 am
ALW

Probably 20 minutes' drive from LGB. I don't think there's a shuttle but I've never flown into LGB.

andrew
Old May 22, 2002, 10:46 am

I stay at this hotel about 10 times a year. My only complaint is that they do not have a lounge on the club floor (15). As has been mentioned the corner rooms are nice. They are bigger than the regular rooms on the club level. Contact the hotel about shuttle service to LGB. I don't believe that there is any regular shuttle service. They do have transportation to the LA/Orange county airports through a car/limo service.
Old May 22, 2002, 5:44 pm
In Memoriam: Original Member

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Renting a car would probably be cheaper than taking a cab here in LB.
Old May 24, 2002, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Location: Naples, FL/Monaco ... Hilton Gold ... Starwood Gold...Hyatt Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by newself:
Renting a car would probably be cheaper than taking a cab here in LB.</font>
I was told the cab fare to the Westin LGB was $20. I am staying right across the street from the Convention Center so I do not need a car, and I doubt I could rent a car for 4 days for less than $40. Now if I got 2 or 3 thousand miles for doing so, maybe. But as I think, the parking rate at the hotel is probably $10 per day.

Must be better to cab it.

------------------
Tom
Old May 24, 2002, 12:35 pm
ALW

I know this is heresy (but not as bad as suggesting it for Lansing MI), but for 90c you could take the #111 bus from LGB: www.lbtransit.com/services.html

#111 runs every half hour from LGB to downtown.

andrew

Old Dec 14, 2002, 2:32 am

Westin Long Beach [Master Thread]

Please share any comments about the Westin in Long Beach. Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2002, 8:14 am
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
One word, "mediocrity".
Old Dec 14, 2002, 12:18 pm

I was just there this past week. I had a standard room, very comfortable. Sorry but did not have time to explore the hotel but I can tell you that the pool and hot tub were closed for maintenance. They had an arrangement with another hotel if you wanted to use a pool. Underground parking was $9/day.

Jay
Old Dec 23, 2002, 4:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA3P, DL proletariat, proud Costco Executive member
Westin Long Beach [Master Thread]

Headed to the Westin late in January. Am *wood Gold. Any recommendations/suggestions for choice rooms/views, etc? Any luck with upgrades? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.