Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

"Firstclassflyer" newsletter - anyone read it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Firstclassflyer" newsletter - anyone read it?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2005, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Location: somewhere Cl. III / III+, with green waves and friendly holes
Programs: *wood Platinum, HH Gold, OneWorld Emerald, QF GOLD, AP Premium, Mabuhay Elite, bunch o others...
Question "Firstclassflyer" newsletter - anyone read it?

Wondering if anyone subscribes to 'firstclassflyer' newsletter?
Opinions?
Has it been beneficial to you?

Thoughts appreciated!
Christian
Old Dec 7, 2005, 2:11 pm

I have been considering joining but would prefer to see a sample of the newsletter first. If a fellow FTer has a recent newsletter, I would enjoy giving it a look. My email is [email protected]. Thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2005, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
I used to receive it a while back and found I already know most everything it would say. I also didn't agree with everthing they said concerning miles strategies.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 2:40 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Originally Posted by wanaflyforless
I used to receive it a while back and found I already know most everything it would say. I also didn't agree with everthing they said concerning miles strategies.
I agree, although I'm not "advanced" enough to get into all these strategies, and tie-ins and multiple FF memberships, etc. I've found that if you scour the travel websites & airline websites, you'll stumble across most of the good fares yourself. I booked my Z-fare for Christmas before I heard about them from Firstclassflyer.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 2:56 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

These spinoffs are people who absorb knowledge on Flyertalk and then open their own websites to charge others for info that is available for free. I know that sounds catty but it's usually true.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5MM
I'll dissent a bit...

I've found it helpful, especially as regards specials on non-US carriers. For example, the free upgrades to first from business on Korean carriers, some of the significant discounts that Malaysian offers, specials on business class (Joe Brancatelli is also very good at picking these up). While previous posters are correct that any active participant in this board will already know much of what's in there, there's also a good deal that's additive and money saving. And, yes, one would disagree with some of their strategies as routings, number of stops, individual carriers are all things that people have differing likes and dislikes about.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Christian
Opinions?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...classflyer.com
Old Dec 7, 2005, 3:18 pm

Before I discovered FT, I subscribed to First Class Flyer. I did take advantage of a Christmas Special Z fare details of which were e mailed to me by FCF in 2002. I think everything of use is posted here on FT immediately it becomes available.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 3:47 pm

Programs: NWA Plt,AA ExPlt,UA Pre,USAir Gld,*wood Plat, HIL Gld, Hyatt Gld, PriorityCl Plt, Marriot Silv
reposting this link of links doesnt do much since when you click on the links in the link above, you get error since flyertalk revamped its website since original post.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
try this link

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...irstclassflyer
Old Dec 7, 2005, 4:06 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
My wife is not the least bit interested in miles or points, although she enjoys flying in premium class . She would never wade through a Flyertalk thread, but sometimes I am able to give her a First Class Flyer article which summarizes a developement or strategy and then we can discuss the costs and benefits.

dennis
Old Dec 7, 2005, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by rehabusrab
reposting this link of links doesnt do much since when you click on the links in the link above, you get error since flyertalk revamped its website since original post.
Not exactly.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 6:16 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
The link you posted does lead to a thread, but that thread contains no substantive content, only two links to older threads. Those links are now broken.

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
Not exactly.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 6:33 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
You can subscribe for a month for $24.95 and they'll refund your money if you cancel within 30 days. I did this and ended up cancelling on Sunday. I just don't fly that often to take advantage of their strategies. (To their credit they did immediately refund my money when I asked and also were very responsive when I inadvertently subscribed for 2 years vs. the month to month. (My stupid mouse has some sort of auto scroll on it and it's driving me to drink.)

I browsed the website, which gives you access to prior newsletters, and tried to find something earth shattering that would help me book reasonably priced first class tickets to Maui. I didn't find anything too specific, just generic strategies and tables of competitors' fares, etc. If you become an annual subscriber they promise more specific, personalized advice, but it's hard to justify the $200 when you don't know what you're getting.

Hope this helps.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 7:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
As indicated in a prior post, much of the information appears on the boards here on FT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.