Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

SkyEurope taxfree: Athens, Bucarest 14 EUR inkl.; others 19 EUR inkl.; 9 GBP;...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyEurope taxfree: Athens, Bucarest 14 EUR inkl.; others 19 EUR inkl.; 9 GBP;...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2005, 3:32 am
Original Poster

Most flights to a SkyEurope hub are now taxfree. So check it out:

http://www.skyeurope.com

BCN o/w 19 EUR incl.
WAW o/w 59 PLN incl.
MAN-o/w 9 GBP incl.
ATH o/w 14 EUR incl.
BUC o/w 14 EUR incl.
STN-WAW 4 GBP incl.
GB o/w beginning from 3 GBP all incl.!
Almost all flights are charged without taxes (excl. inner-slovakian flights - VAT).

Good Luck folks, regards from Austria!

Last edited by algodon; Dec 7, 2005 at 6:24 am
Old Dec 7, 2005, 4:48 am

Programs: BA, LH, BD
Originally Posted by algodon
Most flights to a SkyEurope hub are now taxfree. So check it out:

http://www.skyeurope.com

BCN-HUB 19 EUR inkl.
WAW-HUB 59 PLN inkl.
MAN-HUB 9 GBP inkl.
ATH-HUB 14 EUR inkl.
BUC-HUB 14 EUR inkl.
STN-WAW 4 GBP inkl.

Bear in mind that flights from NE-hubs will be charged normally. So try to get a flight from BTS or BUD with EasyJet, Ryanair or similar...

Good Luck folks!
apart from i cannot see how to get any air miles .
how do you get these fares, yes it says on front page from £4 but doesn't give any dates etc..
any clues?
Old Dec 7, 2005, 5:05 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
£18 to Poland all-in, for the May Bank Holiday weekend, on a 737? Stuff the miles.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 5:17 am

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by ajinlondon
how do you get these fares, yes it says on front page from £4 but doesn't give any dates etc..
any clues?
Man...you're way too greedy. The flight is almost free and on top of it you want miles!!
Old Dec 7, 2005, 5:20 am

Programs: SPG-Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by ajinlondon
any clues?
We really need to take you by the hand...

What about using the "book online" button and select your dept city and your arrival city amongst those listed? If the date of your choice is not available, then it will show you the closest dates available around the original date..I'm able to price Budapest-Athens for 28Euros all in from July 6th to 28th...
Old Dec 7, 2005, 5:28 am

Programs: BA, LH, BD
Originally Posted by Super Larry
We really need to take you by the hand...

What about using the "book online" button and select your dept city and your arrival city amongst those listed? If the date of your choice is not available, then it will show you the closest dates available around the original date..I'm able to price Budapest-Athens for 28Euros all in from July 6th to 28th...

you are a funny guy -

i am stating the obvious "milerun forum is, girls and boys - for collecting miles"

and still no dates ..
Old Dec 7, 2005, 5:41 am

Well....I just earnt 54 BA miles anyways, as they accept my Amex Prem Plus for payment, w/no surcharge.

Can't be bothered to find the mystical advertised £4 fare, probably mid-week in the winter or something...preferred paying the £5 surcharge for the Mayday weekend celebrations they'll presumably have.

Course, one of the catches is some of these are early-bird flights, that's where having 10k P.C. points spare come in handy, booked the HI-X STN with it, for the night before I go. Can always cancel if needs be, f.o.c. (the hotel)

I'm getting fed-up with 'full-serviced' airlines anyways...they're switching back & forth about what kind of service & miles, if any, you get - making you feel you're not entitled to any for your $'s spent...and their fuel surcharges alone, come to more than many of these lcc deals am seeing recently.

Does that mean I'd have to leave FT though?

Whats all this bout HUB anyways - that an airport code (expedia says Hubli, India) or trying to say they have a hub where?

Last edited by tristan727; Dec 7, 2005 at 5:53 am
Old Dec 7, 2005, 6:20 am
Original Poster

ok guys it's getting scary ;-) This morning just the flights to the hubs of SkyEurope were charged without taxes, now almost all flights are charged without taxes excluding the flights BTS-Kosice because of the VAT.

So I booked several flights for 28 EUR return all inclusive!

Happy booking!

HUB stands for a Sky Europe home base but it's not important anymore ;-)

infact they have several hubs as they offer bus transfers and Skylink - a cheap connecting flight to Kosice to most flights leaving from Bratislava.

Last edited by algodon; Dec 7, 2005 at 7:36 am
Old Dec 7, 2005, 7:12 am

Appears, strangely - to be fare gone now. All the prices have gone up from £4 to £14. From reading the front page, and choosing the dates i had previously.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tristan727
Appears, strangely - to be fare gone now. All the prices have gone up from £4 to £14. From reading the front page, and choosing the dates i had previously.
Really strange but I know why:

I just got the SkyEurope Newsletter saying no fees and taxes when you book now! They raised most fares (Paris, England for example) so you re lucky if you already booked your flights!
Old Dec 7, 2005, 8:16 am

So when did the promo start then, and did they say it would end lunch-time today?
Old Dec 7, 2005, 8:44 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton and regular member of everything else
It says it starts today and ends Dec 14th

travel period 7.12.05 to 28.10.06

I'm wondering if I should add on to my trip to MAN this summer on bmi? Thanks OP.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 9:07 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
EasyJet has a special too!

Easy jet has a sale ending at midnight tonight (Wed) . . . They say 45% off sale. Ex: Berlin (where I go frequently from the U.S.) to Budapest or Krakow for 23.98 Euros incl taxes! Other city pairs are cheap too! But no miles, though!! I already booked Budapest for Jan at 41 Euros; now it's cheaper! I can't decide where to go during my March Berlin trip! Check it out - - but hurry!

Dave

PS: I hope the moderators don't give us 50 lashes with a wet noodle for posting here since there aren't any miles!!

PSS: I just got an eMail that EasyJet's sale is extended til Dec 12!

Last edited by davetravels; Dec 7, 2005 at 1:57 pm Reason: fare sale extended!
Old Dec 7, 2005, 9:47 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by mlbcard
It says it starts today and ends Dec 14th

travel period 7.12.05 to 28.10.06

I'm wondering if I should add on to my trip to MAN this summer on bmi? Thanks OP.
Just booked MAN to BTS for 9 pounds! Woohoo! Now from there, I can go to... (Dubrovnik, Athens?)

Thanks OP!

Last edited by luv2ctheworld; Dec 7, 2005 at 9:50 am
Old Dec 7, 2005, 9:55 am

Programs: CO, UA, who cares what level, that doesn't make me special, now does it?
Inappropriate post for mileage run forum. No miles can be earned.

But farealert would be a good place to post it.

Last edited by bspencerco; Dec 7, 2005 at 10:12 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.