Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF winter schedule - some service changes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2005, 11:39 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
AF winter schedule - some service changes

In addition to information to about the AF winter schedule, the French version of the press release also includes a file with information on some service changes :

Last edited by JOUY31; Sep 24, 2005 at 3:09 pm
              Old Sep 24, 2005, 12:34 pm
              FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
              Originally Posted by JOUY31
              In addition, by the end of summer 2006, passengers will be able to make these changes on the AF web site
              i am impressed - thats standard on other airlines, but still good news

btw: 2006 or 2007
              Old Sep 26, 2005, 8:43 am
              TGV

Programs: FB Life Platinum
              Thank you Jouy for the very interesting document about the services.

I did not know they were offering internet check-in even if you have luggage, I will have to try this.

What surprised me is the Flyin Blue part.

Not the sentence saying "the accessibility of the call-centres was not in line with the target", but the sentence saying "the easier availability of awards tickets has generated an increase of 10% in awards since the beginning of FB".

I assume that in addition to the "easier availability" there was also the fact that some members tried to redeem their miles before quitting.

But +10% seems strange when reading here all the complaints about the poor awards availability.
              Old Sep 26, 2005, 10:58 am

Programs: FB Plat for life
              For me the new price structure and the additional e-service are just an additional steps towards the end of travel agency (several years later as always, after what happened in the US).

Currently travel agency are protected in France by having access to unpublish fare (just check the price on AF web site for a return ticket to the US during week day and the price with a travel agency).
              With the new price structure I am pretty sure that most class of reservation will become availaible publicly and not anymore exclusively through travel agent. All the additionnal e-services are definetly confirming this trend (which is anyway the way it has to be sooner or later)
              Old Sep 27, 2005, 1:40 am

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
              Originally Posted by TGV
              I assume that in addition to the "easier availability" there was also the fact that some members tried to redeem their miles before quitting.

But +10% seems strange when reading here all the complaints about the poor awards availability.
              I doubt they had much more availability than needed in the past. Yield management being the core business of the airline, they must have planned to release exactly the number of seats they couldn't have sold anyway. It may be that a rush for seats is happening, causing an increase of 10%, bumping the number of occupied award seats from 90% to 100%... So far less availability overall, while we had some margin before.
              Old Sep 27, 2005, 2:10 am
              Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!
              Original Poster

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
              Don't forget that DL frequent flyers, with the help of their very competent partner award desk, are very good at catching award seats in premium cabins very early on. There are many posts on this very issue on the DL board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.