Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Employee Discount to London

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2005, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Employee Discount to London

I've been traveling to London a lot lately and I recently got a tip from a friend who works for Virgin Atlantic Airways. This person basically gave me their employee discount. I couldn't pass up the break I would be getting so I booked a ticket.

The cool thing is my friend doesn't mind if I share it because it's booked online so anyone can use it. As they say, sharing is caring so below is the link to the employee discount. Enjoy!

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/us...loyeedeals.jsp
Old Aug 10, 2005, 8:48 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
priya768, welcome to FlyerTalk! The best place for your post is under the Miles and Points category, in the Virgin Flying Club thread. I'll move your post there for continued discussion. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, Community.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 7:18 am

Programs: CO; UA; Delta; Hilton Gold; SPG
Originally Posted by priya768
I've been traveling to London a lot lately and I recently got a tip from a friend who works for Virgin Atlantic Airways. This person basically gave me their employee discount. I couldn't pass up the break I would be getting so I booked a ticket.

The cool thing is my friend doesn't mind if I share it because it's booked online so anyone can use it. As they say, sharing is caring so below is the link to the employee discount. Enjoy!

While your friend "may not mind," I would be surprised if he -- or you -- are entitled to post links to an employee rate. Just a thought.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 10:03 am

Programs: bmi Gold, Onepass Silver, Virgin Silver
Genius

Originally Posted by priya768

Nice one.

My friend at BA has to call a number and give a 'secret code'. We're all friends on Flyer Talk so we qualify......

Loving it.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

There doe not appear to be an area to input any " employee number" so it looks like it may be available .

The link seems to be for ex-USA flights only.

In addition ( prior to entering your details) it states that the fare does not earn miles

TBS
Old Aug 11, 2005, 11:41 pm

Programs: VS Gold, FD Blue+, *A/BD Gold, BA Blue, DL, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,
The link seems to be for ex-USA flights only.

In addition ( prior to entering your details) it states that the fare does not earn miles
Yup, some more Ts&Cs from the above link that don't make this particularly attractive (leaving aside whether the link should be publicly posted or not):

# Above fares are valid for purchase August 8, 2005-August 15, 2005
# Above fares are quoted as one way
# The above advertised fare includes the addition of a $45, one way ($90 round trip) security and fuel surcharge
# Fares do not include government imposed taxes, fees and charges of approximately $165, including the September 11th Security Fee of $2.50 for each segment
# All passengers must pay the applicable airport taxes, air passenger duties and security charges
# Fares will not earn Flying Club miles
# Subject to availability and capacity controlled
# Changes to origin/destination points are not permitted. Changes must be made 48 hours prior to departure. Changes anytime at a fee of $80. Cancel before departure charge 50% and after departure non refundable
# The administration charge for refunds is $25 per ticket, regardless of ticket type, in the US.

Cheers

Michael

Last edited by mcuth; Aug 13, 2005 at 3:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.