Community
Wiki Posts
Search

End of AA/LX codeshares from LAX & ORD?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2005, 10:37 am

Programs: UA 1K (sob...former GS), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by alect
I definitely assumed UA's M+ would be for me due to the status match. But then found out that the status bonus would not be awarded on any LH non-translatlantic flights, or other *A partners, let alone LX. And I won't be flying UA if I can avoid it. Meanwhile, LH's M&M has a small elite bonus (30%) but awards 200% for J and 300% for F - so in effect elite status not required for mileage accrual. I will mostly be flying F/J.

I am also highly unlikely to be flying UA domestically, although if I do I would have thought *A Gold would suffice for E+ seating etc....

In that case, alect, I think you're on the right path. M&M is nice if you fly F/J fares (300/200% bonuses), but MP is great domestically and int'l Y (full EQM for all fares). There are other threads on this, of course, but if you are only flying premium int'l class, M&M will be fine.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 3:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I've just found out that European (connecting flights) AA/LX codeshares from ZRH have been zeroed out effective 01NOV, indicating that the codeshare has been cancelled on that date.

Of course, most AA fares allow through connections on LX so you can still fly through ZRH, but you will no longer be able to earn base miles on LX and, as of 01NOV06, not more AA miles period. However, since many AA fares prohibit travel on LH, and LH is acquiring LX, I expect this benefit to go away as well, effectively killing ZRH as an AA European gateway.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 11:47 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
No more LX ticket sales at AA.com?

I'm looking at my semi-annual trip to VIE. The preferred routing for me (based on mileage earning and time spent) is PHL-DFW-ZRH-VIE, VIE-LHR-ORD-PHL. The ZRH-VIE leg is a LX/OS coded flight, no AA mileage earning potential. The rest is AA metal except for the VIE-LHR an AA coded BA flight. I would like to ticket it at AA.com for the booking bonus. I cannot get it to show me the LX flight, even with the "All Carriers" selected. If you try a simple test of one-way flight with zero stops from ZRH-VIE, it shows no flights exisit. Is there anyway to issue this ticket through AA.com, or must I go to another site?
Old Nov 8, 2005, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Governator
Is there anyway to issue this ticket through AA.com, or must I go to another site?
No. AA is practicing deceiving trade practices because "All Carriers" does not mean that, but means "carriers that we can issue an e-ticket with". You may be able to call Web support and have the LX flights added to an AA itinerary, but otherwise you should look into another site or pay $10 for the privilege of talking to an AA CSR.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Thanks hillrider.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.