Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will Marriot match HH

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2005, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum (2.4MM), DL Gold, Marriott Gold, Starwood Platinum (Lifetime), Hilton Gold
Question Will Marriot match HH

I am a HH diamond VIP and have been for the last 3 years. My work is taking me to Philly this summer (well actually for 3-5 months) but is requiring me to stay at the downtown Marriot.

Does anybody know if Marriot will match my status and if so, what is the best way to go about getting it done?

Thanks.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CO_Bulkhead
I am a HH diamond VIP and have been for the last 3 years. My work is taking me to Philly this summer (well actually for 3-5 months) but is requiring me to stay at the downtown Marriot.

Does anybody know if Marriot will match my status and if so, what is the best way to go about getting it done?

Thanks.
I got comped platinum, based on previous history (Priceline, of all things), my future bookings, and my Hilton Diamond card. Suggest you call Bear Drive and talk with them. They probably won't give you an immediate answer, so be prepared to send them documentation.

Spending 3-5 months in a full service hotel would generate a much better experience as a top-level elite. On the other hand, since much of what you get depends on the particular hotel personnel, you'll almost be a family member, so they should still take good care of you.

Give 'em a call and see what you can work out.
Old Jun 23, 2005, 5:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Wink

They won't match your status unless you have booked some stays with them and be prepared to have them review your stays at the other hotel chains you have had...it's pretty tough I hear.
Old Jun 26, 2005, 6:09 am

Location: KLM GD, DL PM, AA LT Plt, Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Interconti Amb/PC Spire, etc.
These days they offer earned (vs comp'ed) HH Diamonds immediate Gold, or Platinum after 18 nights instead of the 75 that are otherwise required. Good luck !
Old Jul 1, 2005, 8:10 am

Programs: Everyone!
I am trying to do this right now and would appreciate any suggestions from HH members who have been able to do this. They want a stay history from ALL of 2004. On the HHONORS site, they only provide means of going back 6 months, and it doesn't appear MR will be flexible on accepting anything else.

SO, how did HH members provide a year of previous history???

thanks in advance!!
Old Jul 1, 2005, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jkzahn
I am trying to do this right now and would appreciate any suggestions from HH members who have been able to do this. They want a stay history from ALL of 2004. On the HHONORS site, they only provide means of going back 6 months, and it doesn't appear MR will be flexible on accepting anything else.

SO, how did HH members provide a year of previous history???

thanks in advance!!
I keep all my year's receipts in a big envelope. No problem for me.

If you're not that anal about such things, maybe you can call HH and have them generate the list for you. Just don't tell them why you need it.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 9:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UNITED 2K HILTON DIAMOND
long wait time for list

Originally Posted by BigLar
I keep all my year's receipts in a big envelope. No problem for me.

If you're not that anal about such things, maybe you can call HH and have them generate the list for you. Just don't tell them why you need it.
I happened to get a one year list yesterday from hilton. I requested it 3 months ago. I also managed to get a Diamond to Gold Marriott Status comp over the phone. Plat would have been nice oh well
Old Jul 1, 2005, 9:56 am

Thansk for the responses. I am anal about some things, but I haven't made it that far yet!!

rwill11 - so they comped you without the documentation? I wonder why I am going through all of this trouble then? I gave them a record back to June 2004. I went through the email address, so maybe that is my problem.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 10:13 am
Suspended

It wasnt that easy

Thansk for the responses. I am anal about some things, but I haven't made it that far yet!!

rwill11 - so they comped you without the documentation? I wonder why I am going through all of this trouble then? I gave them a record back to June 2004. I went through the email address, so maybe that is my problem.
I was in an intolarable situation at a fairfield inn. My room was right on the highway and the jake brakes were going off every twenty seconds. I request to have my room changed to the other side of hall and was told no. The young desk clerk was an absolute jerk (there were 8 cars in the parking lot) I called the silver line and explained the situation. The very nice csr could hear the trucks over my cellphone she called the front desk and got the same rude treatment from the same obnoxious bozo. I suggested a comp. she looked up my acct on hhonors.com made a copy and gave it to her Supv I was comped gold on the spot. She called back and couldnt get me a room change even as gold. Ended up at Townhouse suites up the road. Never stay at the FFI in bend oregon. total imbeciles who dont know what a host is.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 10:37 am

I will definitely make a note about that Fairfield - that is not cool.

How did she access your Hhonors account - did you have to give her your ID and password?
Old Jul 1, 2005, 11:07 am
Suspended

yep

I will definitely make a note about that Fairfield - that is not cool.

How did she access your Hhonors account - did you have to give her your ID and password?
I dont like doing that but really wasnt in the mood to hunt for a fax machine. I changed my pin # 5 minutes later. BTW marriott does promos to try and get buisness not give people the buisness. This hotel was a stark contrast from the Hilton Vancouver Wa. I stayed in the night before. Its a new one just opened 5 days when I arrived. still a few bugs to work out. My room wasnt ready on arrival and the mngr comped us dinner. (I didnt ask) also was upgraded to a 1200 sf suite with two bathrooms. (I didnt ask for this either) Hilton is good to diamonds Its seems if you are silver at marriott you get a roomkey that sez elite
Old Jul 7, 2005, 8:53 pm

Programs: Delta - Diamond / Diamond Marriott-Platinum
We shall see !!!

Originally Posted by rwill11
I happened to get a one year list yesterday from hilton. I requested it 3 months ago. I also managed to get a Diamond to Gold Marriott Status comp over the phone. Plat would have been nice oh well
I am currently Hilton Diamond and have been for three consecutive years. After reading this thread (thanks all) I called Marriott throught the Silver Elite line and asked if they would match my status at Hilton. The response was to send a copy of 2004 stays at Hilton and they will evaluate and advise.

I had 83 nights in a Hilton in 2004, 24 so far in 2005 and 21 in a Marriott so far in 2005. Never new about the possibility of a match. I called Hilton Diamond line and they informed me they maintain a copy of the stays for the past 18 months and they could fax them to me. I received the fax in 10 minutes and forwarded those to Marriott along with my Marriott stays in 2005 today. I guess I'll wait and see, sure would be nice to get Platinum at the Marriott after 21 stays. We shall see.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 8:59 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
mariott

Being a SPG Plat and a Hilton Diamond and Kempinski Concierge, i mailed them and asked if they will match me to Platinum.

As i will be starting over to thailand next week, i wrote them that i need a answer within 3days because i have to book my stays and will only go for the mariotts if they comp me

I attached that i have a Centurioncard and now hope they will comp me

but after reading this thread i dont think they will do it, so mariott will get 0 business for my thailand trip.

if they do, i will let you know.

dp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.