Memorabelia, have ya started collecting?

Subscribe
With the impending end of the America West name and such, have any of you started collecting anything and everything HP? I just received the plastic desktop model I ordered (A319). I have my friend that works there saving whatever he can save for me just 'cause. He said the company store has been running out of stuff ever since the announcement.

He and I did this back when PSA was taken over by USAir, went down to LAX and they were all more than willing to hand out whatever they had, and to this day I still have the styrofoam cups, lapel wings, BAe-146 safety card etc etc.

Just curious if I was the only weirdo saving/buying stuff
I took a hotpocket to a taxidermist
Another reason this pisses me off is I was starting to collect the inflight "America West" magazines.

I have a few of the inflight safety cards, and I ordered some America West luggage tags the other day. I should probably get a few napkins

Quote:
I just received the plastic desktop model I ordered (A319).
I want one of those also, but they cost too much. I'll probably buy some pins and stuff like that.
Quote: I want one of those also, but they cost too much. I'll probably buy some pins and stuff like that.

Not that bad. $26 here: http://mall.miamicity.net/cgi-bin/Ai...3/Catalog/1035

I think my oldest HP magazine is from 1985. Might be 1984, I cant remember. Got a few old ticket jackets from those days too.

"Less fare, more care".
Quote: Just curious if I was the only weirdo saving/buying stuff
No, I was wondering about this last night as well. Perhaps we should suggest to HP after they take US's name they could send elites a set of china & glassware -- perhaps 1 set for Silvers, 2 for Gold, 3 for plats, etc.

If you're a top-tier flyer perhaps they could even hire an actor to come to your house and hover around you in a creepy manner while you eat from said china and make furtive glances towards the restroom.
FA's AWA Panties?
LOL - given all the hype of the UAL FAs posting semi-nude by Fountain Hills' fountain, perhaps a limited run of AWA branded panties would sell like crazy. I can just imagine the made up stories surrounding those bought.

I know, a little risque, non-politically correct, but Sheriff Joe's pink boxers pulled in a lot of cash in a short time. Can you imagine the effect to AWA's "bottom" line with this idea?
Quote: I think my oldest HP magazine is from 1985. Might be 1984, I cant remember.
Hmmm... Interested in selling?

Quote:
perhaps a limited run of AWA branded panties would sell like crazy
You are referring to new panties right?
I'm disappointed I threw out a few hundred HP magazines from the early 90s last year. Before I was a US flyer, I lived in Omaha, and frequently traveled on HP to the west coast and Mexico.. not enough to make elite, but about 5-6 round trips a year. Burned my miles four years ago before leaving Omaha on a couple of round trip First Class tickets to Mexico.

When I cashed in those miles.... many were old paper certificates. Remember when they used to send you certs every 5000 miles that had an expiration years down the road? My FlightFund card is old, plastic, and primarily maroon/blue with the old logo.

Lived in Phoenix from 1987-1989 and my family did some America West flying then.... remember riding the Best Care Shuttle down from the T3 security checkpoint to the temporary T3 extension with more gates, to board a B737-200 that was all coach... sitting in the front row and being served a meal, only after the F/A got the tray table from the overhead and slid it into the little holders on the underside of the armrests. Flights to Omaha continued on to places like Moline or Des Moines... Omaha also had HP service to LGA and DCA for awhile.... the original "midwest hub" long before Columbus.

I used to have TONS of old timetables, Snack Sacks (especially the Mexico bag), magazines with the B747 Bird of Paradise depicted on the corner of the route map... unfortunately tossed a lot of it years ago. I regret that now.

I do, however, still have an America West B747 safety card... and a MAINLINE DHC-8 safety card.

Remember the days when you could take a bus for free from Scottsdale right to the terminal? Or when you could check-in from your car on the airport boundaries?

I haven't flown America West in several years, but look forward to being able to connect to the route system again.
Quote: Remember the days when you could take a bus for free from Scottsdale right to the terminal? Or when you could check-in from your car on the airport boundaries?

Ah yes, the "flights" to Scottsdale via a bus. I used to take those often to visit my family that lived in Scottsdale, it was actually really great!

Sorry Byrds, I'm keeping my mags
If you were planning on buying HP merchandise you might want to hurry.

America West merchandise flies off the shelves ahead of merger
I have several cases of America West china, flatware, and glasses collecting dust in the garage.

I also have a print of the America West fleet flying over the Grand Canyon. The aircraft included are Dash 8, 757, 737-200, and 737-300 in old colors.

I regret throwing away my old schedules.
Everything I want is backordered!