Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

CDG / Paris Charles de Gaulle Arrivals Lounge CLOSED; Shower / Showers (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG / Paris Charles de Gaulle Arrivals Lounge CLOSED; Shower / Showers (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2005, 10:00 am
Original Poster

I'm flying JFK-CDG later this week. Anywhere to take a shower at the airport? I'm flying AA business, but CDG Admirals doesn't have a shower (unless I'm missing something).

Also, how long should it take to clear immigration, customs, etc.? I'm arriving about 11am

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODERATOR'S NOTE

The CDG / Charles DeGaulle / Roissy Arrivals Lounge closed January 2005.

For the current main thread on the CDG Admirals Club, see:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

As there is no American Airlines Arrivals Lounge at CDG, no way to access the Admirals Club (or oneworld lounge) if arriving, and no showers at the Club in any case, this thread is now closed. For further shower locations, as his is genuinely a destination question:

Check the Shower at Charles de Gaulle / CDG airport? thread in the France Forum.

N.B. If searching for CDG, you must include the term in quotation marks - for example, "cdg"+shower or "cdg"+showers will be the terms to use for Advanced Search. (In Advanced Search, case is ignored.)

/AA Moderator Team

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 10, 2012 at 9:28 am Reason: modify moderator note
Old Mar 1, 2005, 10:15 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by richarddd
I'm flying JFK-CDG later this week. Anywhere to take a shower at the airport? I'm flying AA business, but CDG Admirals doesn't have a shower (unless I'm missing something).

Also, how long should it take to clear immigration, customs, etc.? I'm arriving about 11am
No (at least not in the AA world). They used to have an AArivals lounge at CDG, but that closed at the end of January, I believe. Sad, too, as it was a nice facility. Also, you would not be able to access the AC upon arrival since that's on the departure side.

Others may have other places, but this was the one I knew.

Immigration/customs is, of course, a crap shoot. I've had very good experiences there (less than 20 minutes), but that is on a limited set of measurements.

Cheers.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 10:21 am
Original Poster

Oh well. Looks like I'll have to pay for an extra hotel night to make sure I can take a shower upon arrival, since I'll be a few hours before guaranteed check-in time for a large group event
Old Mar 1, 2005, 10:23 am

Programs: AA EXP
My most recent CDG customs experience (flight 48 from DFW arriving 9:55am) had me through in under 2 minutes. It was marvelous. And I wasn't even with the front of the pack as I was halfway back in Coach.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 11:17 am

Programs: Adrift in a sea of FF programs
Based on FT thread from 2002:

There is a shower room in each of the men's and women's rest rooms in the RER station next to T2. The room is about 10ftx4ft with shower and bench area. There is no attendant and no cleaning between uses so the user must bring all necessary items. The key is available from the attendant in the information booth on the same floor.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by janey
Based on FT thread from 2002:

There is a shower room in each of the men's and women's rest rooms in the RER station next to T2. The room is about 10ftx4ft with shower and bench area. There is no attendant and no cleaning between uses so the user must bring all necessary items. The key is available from the attendant in the information booth on the same floor.

Well, that's about the sketchiest thing I've heard in a while
Old Mar 1, 2005, 11:41 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by platboy
Well, that's about the sketchiest thing I've heard in a while
Agreed. I think I'd prefer to bring a bar of soap and hope it was raining.

Cheers.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 12:00 pm
tt7

Originally Posted by tismfu
My most recent CDG customs experience ..... had me through in under 2 minutes. It was marvelous.
Ditto for us, last time we were in Paris. It took all of 2 minutes (if that) - a stark contrast with coming back into the U.S. (as a U.S. citizen, on a U.S. passport). As for Customs, why can't the U.S. use the green/red channel concept, like just about every other country in the known universe? If you wanted to invent the most time-wasting, bureaucratic and useless system possible, you'd do what we do in the U.S. - make everybody fill in a useless form, so they can stand in line to hand it to a bored bureaucrat .... who ultimately does what with them? (Hopefully, they just 'file' them in the nearest wastebin...)
Old Mar 1, 2005, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by tt7
As for Customs, why can't the U.S. use the green/red channel concept, like just about every other country in the known universe?
Or how about the red light / green light concept they use in Mexico and Nairobi?

The tension just prior to pressing the button is strangely enjoyable.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 12:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
That's because you suspect someone hidden actually has a manual override and feel a tad tense?

Originally Posted by tismfu
Or how about the red light / green light concept they use in Mexico and Nairobi?

The tension just prior to pressing the button is strangely enjoyable.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 12:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
When I was in college in the mid-90's, I used the shower facility at Gare du Nord. It was very clean and convenient. It's located one level below the TGV tracks (above the RER station). I wouldn't not be surprised if the facility was still there. It cost 20FF back then. There was an attendant who provided towels and toiletries.

The express train from CDG into central Paris goes first to Gare du Nord before heading into the very center of the city, Chatelet, where you will very likely make a connection if you need to.

Otherwise, I would suggest booking a hotel that has a nice health club facility so that you could use the health club shower in case you they don't have a room for you when you arrive at around noon.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Plat Exec, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Rewards
Shower at CDG??

I will be flying dfw - cdg and would like to shower upon arrival. does anyone know if there is an admirals club at cdg where I can shower? also, will i have issues with my luggage? (do I need to leave secured area to get luggage and then return(?) to admirals club to shower???
Old Jun 13, 2005, 9:57 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No. There isn't.

Cheers.
Old Jun 13, 2005, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA, SPG GLD, DL FO, VX, UA, US, ICH, Hyatt, Avis Pref.
What? French? Shower? You must be crazy!!

(Please do not take offense as it is only a joke. Most of my family is French.)
Old Jun 13, 2005, 1:04 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bstndance
What? French? Shower? You must be crazy!!

(Please do not take offense as it is only a joke. Most of my family is French.)
So that's why they closed the arrival's lounge- they found that only about half their pax- the visiting foreigners- used the lounge. The returning French nationals did not. Now I get it .

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.