Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt West Hollywood REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2005, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist

I travel to the LA area often and usually stay at the PH Century City. Has anyone stayed at the Hyatt West Hollywood? If so, how was the property compared to the PHCC? I am heading out there again tomorrow and have to be in West Hollywood for some dinners, so I thought it might be more convenient...
Old Mar 1, 2005, 7:32 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by meducate
I travel to the LA area often and usually stay at the PH Century City. Has anyone stayed at the Hyatt West Hollywood? If so, how was the property compared to the PHCC? I am heading out there again tomorrow and have to be in West Hollywood for some dinners, so I thought it might be more convenient...
Welcome to FT & the Hyatt forum meducate!!

This subject has been discussed before but since search is down, here are some links:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134171

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134471

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135395

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=342525

Also, reviews here http://www.hotelreview.de.vu/ (sticky above).

Personally, I much prefer the Park over W.H. - much nicer rooms - great breakfast (love the Seafood Benedict) - and quiet. However, if you have plans right on Sunset Strip, then W.H. is great since you can just walk and not have to drive. However, anywhere else in West Hollywood, you'd probably end up driving anyways (like down to Santa Monica Blvd) so the difference in time from Park isn't that much greater. W.H. is less expensive obviously, but I don't think the difference is enough to overcome my preference for the Park unless you tried for W.H. through Priceline.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 7:38 am

Programs: BD *G, HHonors Gold, EI Gold Circle
Just stayed there last week. Its an OK 3* Hotel...

Common areas are nice but the rooms leave alot to be desired. Tiny bathrooms, grubby carpets and towels. Furnishing is "modern" but just looks cheap. The was a weird smell alot of the time. The Sunset Strip facing rooms are really noisy! So if you are a light sleeper ask for a room at the back.

All in all, the hotel is average. If your doing stuff in the area, the location is great. If you want this hotel cheap, go to PriceLine and bid on 3* West Hollywood/Beverly Hills for $56 per night. The Hyatt always seems to come up if they have rooms available. I got it for this price for a whole week!
Old Mar 1, 2005, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Thanks for the welcome and the info. I am rather high maintenance (according to the people who work for me! ) so I am opting to stay with the PH. I will probably go over to the WH while on Sunset just to check it out...
Old Mar 1, 2005, 1:33 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Gold Passport Diamond, Starwood Gold, Leaders Club
I have a friend who faithfully stays at the West Hollywood property, even though his business meetings are downtown and there is a Hyatt four blocks from his destination. He says it is because of the variety of great restaurants within walking distance of the WHH, and other things to do.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 12:55 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Have stayed at both properties. As Diamond at West Hollywood, you should be able to score a pretty spacious corner junior suite with small aquarium and sofa. Nice balcony and lively street surroundings. Street noise isn't bad if you turn the fan on. Good rooftop swimming pool. Very happening restaurant and bar.

The Park is isolated amid Century City tower blocks but has very nice views reaching to Malibu, the ocean and downtown. Quiet with excellent restaurant and bar (bar food very creative and not expensive). The GM formerly managed the PH Tokyo.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 10:09 am

History at West Hollywood Hyatt

The Hyatt West Hollywood is my favorite hotel in the world!! Fantastic history, which is what I love, and seeing celebs too, since it is right accross the street from HOB. When I checked in last time and got Diamond upgrade to suite the front desk guy said "Oh, you are in the Little Richard Suite." Apparently he lived there for a year. Hotel was also site of filming for Spinal Tap and Almost Famous. With the Strip right outside, you are in the center of the action. I agree rooms aren't the best (found condom wrapper in one room), but for lapping up the rock and roll vibe this place can't be beat. Highly recommended for a vibrant, fun experience.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 10:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
The WH Hyatt is a dump! The rooms are small and just not nice. I did not feel like the hotel was very clean. I will never stay there again.
Old Mar 6, 2005, 10:11 am

Very disappointed in this hotel

I stayed at this hotel in January and was disappointed. I didn't think it even measured up to Hyatt standards. Was originally given Little Richard's old room and it was interesting, but very noisy due to it's low floor fronting Sunset. Asked to move and got a normal room on a high floor - very disappointing, but a lot of noise.

Breakfast prices are outrageous - higher than the Park Hyatt or some of the deluxe hotels. The pool is nice in the right weather, but I think this hotel is significantly inferior to the Park Hyatt or the Hyatt downtown and wouldn't stay there again!
Old Mar 7, 2005, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
It's really a pretty simple choice:

(1) If you want luxury, peace and quiet, and a boring location that has little within walking distance besides the Century City shopping centre and movie theatres, go with the Park Hyatt. They even treat priceline customers well!

(2) If you want to be in the middle of party-central, i.e. the famous Sunset Strip, with dozens of great restaurants, bars and clubs within walking distance, and don't mind some noise and 3* room furnishings, go for the Hyatt WH. A very good choice if you don't have a car or just prefer to walk.

(3) If you want boring but cheap (and need to be in downtown LA for whatever reason) go for the Hyatt Regency, where furnishings fall somewhere between the other two choices.

Personally I have stayed at both WH and CC and would recommend both of them, depending on your own personal requirements.
Old Jul 8, 2005, 10:45 am
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
I was there twice two weeks ago. Strike is long over. On one of the stays I was upgraded to a corner suite (they have done this for me before also); the other stay was just a regular room. Usual amenity choices. The AAA breakfast had no choice, other than how you wanted your eggs done -- OK but not great.
Old Jul 8, 2005, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by trd
The AAA breakfast had no choice, other than how you wanted your eggs done -- OK but not great.
Wouldn't you have received the breakfast anyway as being A Diamond? I was there couple of times last year but as 90% of my hotel stays I never made it to the breakfast.
Old Jul 8, 2005, 10:46 pm

I have stayed there about 10 times in the last 8 yrs and always got a sunset corner fish tank type room.
I think they call it a mini suite but it is just one big room with a desk and a fishtank.
its ok except the noise on sunset is a drag.
why do I stay there again and again you ask.(well not in the last couple of years)
usually a one night stay and need to be in that area.
Old Jul 9, 2005, 7:04 pm
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by holtju2
Wouldn't you have received the breakfast anyway as being A Diamond? I was there couple of times last year but as 90% of my hotel stays I never made it to the breakfast.
The Diamond is only a "continental", the AAA is a "full" American. The full AAA American here is just the choice of eggs/meat and potatoes with juice/coffee -- no other choices vs the credit of $42 for the breakfast at the PH LA!
Old Jul 10, 2005, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Read the reviews at biddingfortravel.com

If you are looking for a super luxury experience like the Park Hyatt you will be disappointed.

On the other hand, if you want to be in the center of the action and have the ability to walk to nightlife (a rarity in LA) then you should be pleased.

Tip: if you want a cool view of the action on the sunset strip, request a room facing Sunset. If you want a more quiet room, get a room facing the parking garage and the hills.

P.S. I have always been treated very well here as a Plat. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.