Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

$100 in Marriott Bonus Bucks for a Buick Test drive

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2005, 12:16 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

$100 in Marriott Bonus Bucks for a Buick Test drive:

Test drive a Buick between 2/17-2/22 and you get a $100 certificate good towards a 2 night stay.

http://www.buick.com/dream/
Old Feb 12, 2005, 12:23 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Thanks John. Nice tip.
Old Feb 12, 2005, 12:45 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Darn, I just bought a Buick last August!
Old Feb 12, 2005, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Thanks! I'll try to squeeze this in to my schedule!

Bruce
Old Feb 12, 2005, 1:53 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
What's the typical expiration period on these bonus bucks? Are they good for a few months or maybe up to a year.
Old Feb 12, 2005, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Typically about 6 months, but they vary a lot from offer to offer.

Bruce
Old Feb 17, 2005, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL, US, AA, MR
Great $ave

Thanks OP - something to do with the kid tomorrow
Old Feb 18, 2005, 6:56 am

Thanks to FT, hubby signed up to take a test drive this weekend.

(Shocked me.....I am usually the one who cares about the points and certs!)

Posters in another thread on the same subject have indicated that the Buick dealers sometimes let you slide on the test drive (if you really are there just for the cert), so might be worth asking, to save some time.

Thanks for the heads up on this offer.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 8:08 am

Thanks! I took the test drive last night. Well actually since I was there only for the promotion, they didnt make me take the car out. The salesman was real nice about it. My advice is to be up front with them if you arent interested in purchasing a new car.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I showed up in the early afternoon, and the guy said there were several others in before me. While we were talking, someone else called about the same thing.

When I did the BA Jag promo, they told me that almost no one came in for it. Makes you wonder.

Anyhow, I was up front and they didn't bother with the test drive, although they would have if I wanted one.

By the way, though I didn't get to tool around in a Buick, they did show me the literature on the new Pontiac Solstice roadster. Wow!

I couldn't see it in the flesh, 'cuz it ain't here yet, and when it does it'll be on allocation. But what a car to ease your mid life crisis! And best of all, the price tops out at 26K. Look for it.

Oh yeah --- many thanks to the OP for this one. I know nothing about Bonus Bucks, but I feel I'm gonna learn real quick.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 10:13 pm

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
I swung by a Buick dealer. Politely told the salesperson I wasn't interested in a new vehicle until next year but was there just for the $100 Marriott Bonus Bucks.

Unfortunately, his boss told him a test drive was required. So, off we went. Then, I got the paper signed off.

I was told I was the dealer's first person to show up for this promotion.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 9:58 am

Programs: DL DM; Hilton Diamond; Marriott LT Titanium; Long live SPG... f MAR
I have two questions about this.

1) The $100 says it's good towards a 2 night stayed pay. If staying on points, can you use this to pay for the other services at the hotel, or does it have to be towards the stay itself?

2) Who mails this form in? Do I then go mail it? And if that's the case, what's the code? Couldn't I just fill out my own sheet... very much not interested in a Buick now

Thanks!

--hoyt
Old Feb 19, 2005, 10:28 am

T&c

The T&C state that:
"A $100 credit per coupon, per two night stay will be applied towards your bill at check out. Your bill may consist of room, tax and any additional dining, spa services and/or gift shop purchases which are charged to your room."

Have you not printed your certificate? The address is printed just under the DEALER VALIDATION and note that it has to be received by 3/10/05.

I've made a copy of the certificate before I mailed it myself, yes MYSELF. Just like the Kelloggs certifcate for the AAdvantage miles, keep a copy just in case it gets lost in the mail. It's your only proof that you did the test drive and mailed it.

When I went I took the kidos along. We arrived and there were four others sitting with 'folded papers'. After a half hour wait, the manager pulled me aside and stated that he didn't want me to wait so long, he took the certificate. Returned with it signed and save me a letter stating that we could return at a later date and use this to get saving on our next purchase of a buick. Looked at the letter in the envelope, $10,000 off any vehicle $35K or more. Left happy with my certificate and letter (It has no experation date either!)

http://www.buick.com/dream/

Last edited by AmericanFtWorthTX; Feb 19, 2005 at 2:51 pm Reason: address
Old Feb 19, 2005, 4:14 pm

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
That's not a bad idea about photocopying a copy for yourself.

But, a photocopy done by you and kept by you is not considered to be proof you had mailed it on time. A Certificate of Mailing or item sent Certified Mail, both extra services purchased thru the postal service, would be consider as proof you had sent it on time. There are other proofs out there as well.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 6:40 pm

Proof

Keeping a copy of the validate certificate is in most cases is good but for added proof, you could add for a few cents, a delivery confirmation ticket to it, think that cost 55 cents or so, plus the postage. If had a Turbo tax rebate get lost and all I had to mail them was copy of the rebate coupon.

I would have the post office clerk weight the envelope. Granted it's going to be 39 cents but ask them to put a machine printed postage meter stamp on it and keep the receipt they give you. The postage meter stamp has the date and time you mailed it. The receipt has the zip code that was use to make the printed postage meter stamp. With the Kellogg's certificates I mail all the time, I have this done. It has happen that certificates I mail got lost once, either in the mail or at the processing center. I mailed to the Kellogg's company the copies of the certificates, the postage receipt and they credit me the 5000 miles. I also stated I could send a copy of my credit card statement where it reflected that I had mailed them that date. Another time was when the processing center returned my certificates (12 envelopes) stating that I had not meet the "mail by date". The envelopes with the postage meter stamps and my receipt was proof again that I had meet the requirements. Kelloggs even sent me a postage paid envelope to send in the 100 certificates back to them with the original envelopes, processing center reject letters and a copy of my post office receipt-granted the meter postage stamps was proof enought.
A good idea as I wrote above is to charge it to a credit card, additional proof that you mailed it. Granted 39 cents charge plus the delivery confirmation may be a bit small to charge, so by some additional stamps, the receipt is itimized.
This promotion has not a "mail by date", but a "received by date" and it's plenty of time to get it in if you mail now, not hours before it due there. I suspect like most promotions and rebates, the certificate that the we printed and got the dealer to validate, is been process by a processing center and not Marriott or Buick. So keep good records! (I've worked at one processing center and things do get "misplaced")

This may sound like a lot to do but for $100 dollars, it's not much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.