Wiki Posts
Search

Possible Programme Change (Again)?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2004, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Possible Programme Change (Again)?

I just rang up to request an upgrade. As a side comment, I said it's so expensive now (I remember it was 25K before, now it's 45K)...

Anyway, the rep said yes, it was changed a little while ago, and it's due to change again. I pushed for more details, she gave me the party line, 'don't know anything, not even supposed to mention it', etc...

Has anyone heard anything? (I did a quick search and didn't see any recent threads on it.) Maybe a change to match NZ's new scheme?
Old Nov 15, 2004, 2:19 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum/Oneworld Emerald, Qantas Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Leumas
Has anyone heard anything?
At the annual results in August, mgmt said they would be changing the program in the near future- but didn't give any details unfortunately...
Old Nov 15, 2004, 4:29 pm
MJA

Programs: QF Plat & Partner Gold, QF Life Gold, SPG Gold , Hilton Gold, CO, MH, VS Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by AllyB
At the annual results in August, mgmt said they would be changing the program in the near future- but didn't give any details unfortunately...

I'd be expecting nothing good to come of it.....
Old Nov 15, 2004, 4:48 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by MJA
I'd be expecting nothing good to come of it.....
Of course there won't be - they will be "enhancements" after all.

Dave
Old Nov 15, 2004, 5:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

changing does not necessarily mean that they are planning to make it worse. It is always possible that they will change international SC earning and upgrade costs , such that H and K fares will get them at the lower rate as desired by some people here

Dave
Old Nov 15, 2004, 5:33 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
changing does not necessarily mean that they are planning to make it worse. It is always possible that they will change international SC earning and upgrade costs , such that H and K fares will get them at the lower rate as desired by some people here

Dave
I love an optimist.
Old Nov 15, 2004, 11:33 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Dave Noble

Dave
And maybe they'll give automatic upgrades to WPs as well (just looking out the window to see if the red tail of that passing QF 747 has been changed from a kangaroo to a pig).
Old Nov 16, 2004, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
I know I'm hoping against hope, but I sure wish they can readjust (read 'reduce') the cost of upgrades...

How about a life-time WP status so there's something for people like #6 to go for?
Old Nov 16, 2004, 1:49 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Lets hope they don't follow AA's lead and charge a cash co-payment for upgrades!
Old Nov 16, 2004, 5:22 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Can't help be a little cynical.... we have "enhancements" to the program on the way. We also have a push to get PS members up to SG by offering double status credits (a colleague of mine is in this situation, and has received this targetted offer like others on this board). I can't help but think that there's going to be a serious erosion in benefits for NB and PS members.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 3:43 pm

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
Perhaps with new changes in account procedures QF is worried about having to record outstanding FF points as a liability and will move to reduce this through discouraging points earnt through non flying activities such as credit cards, while placing incentives for points burning for premium members.

Here is hoping for (in order of priority):
Points earnt (or at least status credits) on higher value Jetstar (fully flexible) and AO (K, H, B, Y) fares
K, H and B being treated as economy for earning and upgrading on international flights including (or at least) domestic NZ
Waitlist for domestic upgrades
ODU for international flights (well at least flights under 5 hours) for WP
Lifetime Platinum at 28,000 SC
Status bonuses on CX and AY
A sliding scale of redemptions based on demand (similiar to NZ any seat on any flight)

<gets into flame proof suit>
Old Nov 16, 2004, 7:23 pm

Programs: QF Plat & Lifetime Gold, Velocity Gold, SQ PPS
Go the status bonuses on CX.

I fly extensively around Asia and the QF schedule in this part of the world, to be frank, sucks.

My only option is to get SCs through CX but I really lose out on points
Old Nov 16, 2004, 8:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I would like a new status of Lifetime WP for all 5 :-: dsns and for lifetime WP members to get 1st class ( or business where 1st not offered ) upgrades automatically at time of booking at no points cost plus complimenary limousine services to and from airports at all points during a trip

Not an unreasonable desire imo

Dave
Old Nov 18, 2004, 5:58 am

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
I'd like to see double miles for business and tripple miles for first. If they are going to charge you double/tripple for an award, why don't they pay you double/tripple when you fly ? This is about the most inequitable part of the program.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 4:44 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
I think a lot of the above suggestions are great ... but realisitic? Oh well, nice to dream.

At a more realistic level, domestic awards should reflect the paid ticket fare structure and all be one way at half their current rate (ie 10,000 pts and 15,000 pts). This would allow combo J/Y 1 way/retn fares & also allow overcome problems of availability in one direction only.

Also there should be permanent discounts for Jetstar redemptions - as this is an inferior product to Qantas (no preferred seating, no catering, no connections, no priority luggage) - 20,000 pts should be scaled back to 12,000 - and 30 to 18.

Another little thing ... domestically any connection time of less than 12hrs should be considered a connection, regardless of whether overnight or not. There are some flights that leave at 6 am (particularly from Perth) where you cannot connect to unless overnighting, even though you're only there for 7 hrs or so. (OK I have personal interest in this one, have sister in Paraburdoo).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.