Alaska Airlines Visa Canada Card

Subscribe
Beginning Nov 1, our friends in Canada now have the opportunity to apply for and carry the Alaska Airlines Visa card. The new Visa Canada card will be available in Classic or Platinum and the cards will carry the exact same benefits as our current Classic and Platinum Visa cards.

Canada cardholders will earn one mile for every dollar spent and the $50 Companion Certificate received with the Platinum Canada card will still be in US Dollars.

The applications for the Canada Card will look similar to the applications of the US card with two important differences:

1. The Canada applications will have the Platinum card (instead of Signature) on the front.
2. In the top right hand corner there will be a yellow triangle that says "Canada".
Quote: Beginning Nov 1, our friends in Canada now have the opportunity to apply for and carry the Alaska Airlines Visa card. The new Visa Canada card will be available in Classic or Platinum and the cards will carry the exact same benefits as our current Classic and Platinum Visa cards.

Canada cardholders will earn one mile for every dollar spent and the $50 Companion Certificate received with the Platinum Canada card will still be in US Dollars.

The applications for the Canada Card will look similar to the applications of the US card with two important differences:

1. The Canada applications will have the Platinum card (instead of Signature) on the front.
2. In the top right hand corner there will be a yellow triangle that says "Canada".
Hey Missy, Great news for our Canadian friends. You indicted mile/dollar. Is that 1 mile per Canadian dollar spent? That sounds like a heck of a deal! Still issued by BofA, or a Canadian bank? And I assume that as Canadians have had difficulty getting the US version, that US folks would probably face the same challanges with the Canadian version.
Which bank will be issuing these, do you know? Also, I don't see any information on the Alaska website about these, when might it be available, do you think? I am wondering about annual fee, etc.

Thank you for details!
I don't have any of the details. I'm sure they'll be posted on the website starting Monday.
Everything will be in Canadian currency, except the $50.00 companion pass. Its still going to be offered by Bank of America.
Wow.. This card sounds just as good as the new Canadian SPG visa - sign-up bonuses galore!
Sweet! I've been waiting for this for over a year. Sign me up today . Bye bye to my Royal Bank Avion card ^ .

Any word on the annual fees for it?
Great news! I've been waiting for this one for a long while too.

It seems to me that the current AS Signature & Platinum cards both have a $75 USD annual fee & a 5000 mile bonus.
This is great news, I was trying for years to come up with a way to get an Alaska miles credit card. I will be applying as soon as they come out!
Quote: Beginning Nov 1, our friends in Canada now have the opportunity to apply for and carry the Alaska Airlines Visa card. The new Visa Canada card will be available in Classic or Platinum and the cards will carry the exact same benefits as our current Classic and Platinum Visa cards.

Here's the link for details and online application
http://www.bankofamerica.com/creditc...g=alaskacanada
Hmmm...annual fee is not too bad, $45 for a basic card is as low as it goes for an airline miles card here ($75 for Platinum). I am assuming these are in CAD as it does not say. Currency conversion fee is an outrageous 3%. The latter may be as good a reason as any to pass on this product. No card that I know of charges 3% and 2-2.5% is bad enough!

Will wait for now and work on my Avion. Maybe they'll sweeten the bonus point pot later. Many cards are offering 10,000 here to sign up.
Wow, that was fast!! Online application and it was approved in under a minute. Does anyone know if transferring a balance from an existing card will count mile for dollar like purchases? I'm thinking of transferring something on there, then paying it off immediately.

Thanks

Bev
Quote: Wow, that was fast!! Online application and it was approved in under a minute. Does anyone know if transferring a balance from an existing card will count mile for dollar like purchases? I'm thinking of transferring something on there, then paying it off immediately.

Thanks

Bev
I've never heard of a card that gives miles for balance transfers. I'm pretty sure you'll get miles for purchases only.
Quote: I've never heard of a card that gives miles for balance transfers. I'm pretty sure you'll get miles for purchases only.
Well, CIBC Aerogold Visa sometimes sends out cash advance cheques that allow you to get points for using them. So what many people do is write the cheque for the full amount (of max points alloted, ex. 5000) and run to the bank and pay the entire amount off immediately.
Too bad I already signed up for the SPG card.