Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

1K Promotion: Win a free trip to the Chinese New Year in HongKong

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2004, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Sound like fun. As posted on the 1K site:

"Chinese New Year is Hong Kong's most celebrated festival. This year marks the 10th anniversary of the nighttime Chinese New Year Parade. Enjoy the amazing fireworks over Victoria Harbor, colorful flower markets, horse racing and traditional foods that make Hong Kong the best place to experience Chinese New Year.

You will receive one entry for every segment you fly from November 1 through November 30, 2004, in United First® (P, F or A booking class), United Business® (C or D booking class) or United Economy® (Y, B, E or M booking class) on United, United Express® or TedSM.

One 1K will win a luxurious Hong Kong vacation for two from February 7 through
February 13, 2005, which includes:

Roundtrip air travel for two in United Business to Hong Kong
Mercedes limousine service to your hotel
Five nights of luxury accommodations at the InterContinental® Hotel, including a junior suite, complimentary breakfast and spa treatments
VIP seats to watch the International Chinese New Year Night Parade of floats, dancing dragons and amazing performers—all topped off with a dazzling fireworks display
Helicopter tour of Hong Kong, along with a half-day private tour of Hong Kong’s islands
Gourmet dinner high atop Victoria Peak at Café Deco"

Last edited by cesco.g; Oct 21, 2004 at 9:31 pm
Old Oct 21, 2004, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nah.
Originally Posted by cesco.g
You will receive one entry for every segment you fly from November 1 through November 30, 2004, in United First® (P, F or A booking class), United Business® (C or D booking class) or United Economy® (Y, B, E or M booking class) on United, United Express® or TedSM.
Aren't the highest revenue Y classes Y,B,M,H ? Usually do not see E here...

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Gourmet dinner high atop Victoria Peak at Café Deco"[/I]
This sounds like a great trip to win. Cafe Deco is very expensive restaurant (even for HK) however I thought the foos was fairly ordinary...
Old Oct 21, 2004, 9:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by qasr
This sounds like a great trip to win. Cafe Deco is very expensive restaurant (even for HK) however I thought the foos was fairly ordinary...
Agreed. Had lunch there and thought the food was OK, but not great.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 10:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
I recently won the BR Cohn Golf Tournament in Napa, maybe my new luck will take me to HKG As long as I can upgrade to F!
Old Oct 21, 2004, 10:58 pm

With this sort of a drawing, how does UA get around the "no purchase necessary" requirement that we so often see in the fine print of other contests?
Old Oct 21, 2004, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by BlatheringPenguin
With this sort of a drawing, how does UA get around the "no purchase necessary" requirement that we so often see in the fine print of other contests?

Well, the terms and conditions of this one state:

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.

How To Enter: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 PM United States Central Time (“CT”) on October 21, 2004 and ends at 6:00 PM CT on November 17, 2004 (the “Sweepstakes Entry Period”). United 1K members can register once at www.united.com/1k/1konly and then earn one entry for each qualified segment flown on United, United Express or Ted from November 1, 2004 through November 30, 2004, or hand print your name, complete address, phone number and United Mileage Plus Premier Executive 1K member number on a plain 3” x 5” card and mail to: United Airlines Hong Kong VIP Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 7718, East Rutherford, NJ 07073-7718.
Old Oct 23, 2004, 4:51 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
I'm afraid 1Ks not based on the US are not eligible for this promo...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.