Wiki Posts
Search

Stammtisch in Germany

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2004, 8:06 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany
Original Poster

Arrow Stammtisch in Germany

At the Frankfurt Stammtisch on the last weekend of September, we decided to have the Stammtisch again. We decided to circle the Stammtisch through Germany, so that the Frank-furt based people could also collect some miles flying to this event

Therefore I have the honor to announce the next Stammtisch on the weekend 12th to 13th February 2005 in Cologne, as we meet in Dsseldorf in the past at Bernies fabulous Do(s)

I fixed this date, the weekend after the Carnvial Weekend in the Rheinland, as in this time no trade fares in Dsseldorf or Cologne take place.

Here is the schedule

11th February 2005

For those of you, who will arrive on Friday, I thought about to meet at Happy Hour in the Ice Bar at the Cologne Hilton. Later we can change to a Restaurant like e.g. Delfter Haus or Brauhaus Maierhofer.

12th February 2005

I do not plan anything in the morning and early afternoon, as there are several places to visit in Cologne (e.g. cathedral, Rmisch-Germanisches-Museum, Museum Ludwig, Schokoladenmuseum) or just do some shopping. If you wish, I could try to organize something like a guided tour, but this could be expensive, if only a small number of FTs will join this tour.

In the late afternoon / early evening there is the main event at Brauhaus Peters in the Altstadt of Cologne (no credit cards accepted there). It is also possible to meet before for some drinks (possible again Hilton Ice Bar or Hard Rock Caf or ?).

What we do after we were in Brauhaus Peters, depends on the number of glasses of Klsch we have

13th February 2005

On Sunday, I have not planned anything yet, possible would be a brunch or just sit in a caf.

For moere information have a look at this page

The places are not confirmed yet and depending of the number of Flyertalkers coming to this event, I will need to change some places. Therefore I ask you to send me a PM and post in this thread if you are able to come to Cologne.

For further question, you can send me a PM

Jan

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jan 8, 2005 at 2:24 pm Reason: fixing places
Old Oct 6, 2004, 8:24 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Bravo to this initiative! ^

On the FRA Stammtisch we had good fun; 10 flyertalkers found their way to the pub in Sachsenhausen and 6 attended tea-time at the Frankfurter Hof the next day.

So there is hope that this circle of 'people-in-the-know' will grow and we could have a quarterly Stammtisch from now on.

Rumors say that the following event is also already thought of and could be in MUC in late spring... ^
Old Oct 9, 2004, 3:02 pm

Boy, I hardly ever check the "do" page, and lo and behold there might be a neeting in my own back yard (MUC)!

I'd like to seek all the folks I've been lurking on

Maybe I could even make it up to NRW...

Tsch!
Old Oct 9, 2004, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA
Spring break in Munich... somewhere in march.... I am all up for that.
Old Oct 11, 2004, 10:13 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
As PMed to FLYGVA, the February weekend is fine with me and I have found really cheap and convenient flights to CGN with Germanwings (50 incl.). Plus, I've never been to Cologne before. So yes, I have a preference...

I will book as soon as the venue is set.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 7:59 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by Daydream
Spring break in Munich... somewhere in march.... I am all up for that.
Me too. ^
Old Oct 14, 2004, 3:20 am
Original Poster

Exclamation it is COLOGNE

Okay, the third Stammtisch will probably take place in Munich (?), but first there is the Stammtisch in February, which will take place in Cologne

Here is the schedule for the Stammtisch on the weekend 12th to 13th February 2005.

The places are not confirmed yet and depending of the number of Flyertalkers coming to this event, I will need to change some places. Therefore I ask you to send me a PM and post in this thread if you are able to come to Cologne.

11th February 2005

For those of you, who will arrive on Friday, I thought about to meet at Happy Hour in the Ice Bar at the Cologne Hilton. Later we can change to a Restaurant like e.g. Delfter Haus or Brauhaus Maierhofer.

12th February 2005

I do not plan anything in the morning and early afternoon, as there are several places to visit in Cologne (e.g. cathedral, Rmisch-Germanisches-Museum, Museum Ludwig, Schokoladenmuseum) or just do some shopping. If you wish, I could try to organize something like a guided tour, but this could be expensive, if only a small number of FTs will join this tour.

In the late afternoon / early evening there is the main event at Brauhaus Peters in the Altstadt of Cologne (no credit cards accepted there). It is also possible to meet before for some drinks (possible again Hilton Ice Bar or Hard Rock Caf or ?).

What we do after we were in Brauhaus Peters, depends on the number of glasses of Klsch we have

13th February 2005

On Sunday, I have not planned anything yet, possible would be a brunch or just sit in a caf.

I will update the first post as well.

Jan

I will be on vacation in the next ten days, so it may be possible that I am a little bit late in replying to questions.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 9:50 am
Original Poster

To all Starwood Junkies

The Four Points is available, but you have to book them direct (Tel. + 49 (0)221 16510). A Single is EUR 77,00 / night including breakfast. It could be canceled.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 3:09 pm

I've just checked the SPG website and all of a sudden, the 77 rate is available there.

C'mon folks, this sounds like fun, so hop on!
Old Dec 14, 2004, 1:55 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
I just booked a room for one night feb 12/13 and therefore would like to confirm now to this event.

Any other new attendees?

Last edited by ralfkrippner; Jan 26, 2005 at 2:49 am
Old Jan 8, 2005, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

A month to go

Hi,

just a month to go and I like to remember, that there will bet he next German Stammtisch in Cologne.

I have put some information together on my homepage . The availability of hotel rooms is okay.

Just have a look in your Palm, Filofax, etc. and come to Cologne, a city worth a visit in any case.

Please send me a PM or post in this thread if you can come to Cologne, because I have to look, which restaurant etc. to choose.

Jan
Old Jan 9, 2005, 3:38 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Blue, UA Corpse
Everything sounds very good! Unfortunately I am in ATH that weekend...
Hope to join the Stammtisch next time.
fradoc
Old Jan 9, 2005, 7:02 am

I've just booked flights to/from DUS for that weekend, arriving Friday night and leaving Sunday afternoon. And yes, the 77 rate at the Cologne 4Points is still there...

Looking forward to seeing you all...
Old Jan 13, 2005, 9:13 am
Original Poster

... a month to go ....
Old Jan 24, 2005, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Okay, then Airoli and Ralf will have a nice evening .... If anybody likes to join, post it ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.