Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Booking qualifying fares for Fall Elite on United.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2004, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Per the request on the thread I am posting this in it's own thread:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just talked to some nice united.com folks. Apparently they just put a feature on the website that allows customers to plug in a "promotional code" to get qualifying fares for this offer. They suggested that you type in MPN094 into the Electronic certificate or promotion code box on the home page. I confirmed that it does indeed bring up M and higher fares. Make sure to use all CAPS when typing in MPN. Good luck fare shopping
Old Oct 1, 2004, 10:56 pm

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Thumbs up Awesome tip!!!

Thanks Flyinhigh :-:

It does work!!! It consistently returns >M fares, and often brings up non-qualifying alternatives (usually Q fares).

Warning: It does not necessarily return the lowest qualifying fare. For example, using this code, the search returned a $2,300 M fare to LHR, when a $1,400 B fare was available for the same flights. So before you book, also do a search using the upgradability option as a limiter.

Hey, maybe the website is improving after all... now if we could just get codes for all promotions .
Old Oct 2, 2004, 4:09 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
This is all nice, but ....

Can't they just put in a simple menu choice to limit options to a specific fare class? I mean, how hard can that be? I used to be able to do it on Sabre back in the early internet days.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 9:24 am

Programs: AA 2 MM Plt, *wood Plt
Originally Posted by Flyinhigh
Per the request on the thread I am posting this in it's own thread:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just talked to some nice united.com folks. Apparently they just put a feature on the website that allows customers to plug in a "promotional code" to get qualifying fares for this offer. They suggested that you type in MPN094 into the Electronic certificate or promotion code box on the home page. I confirmed that it does indeed bring up M and higher fares. Make sure to use all CAPS when typing in MPN. Good luck fare shopping
Tried using code for trip in November.
Received error page with this message:
The travel dates selected are not valid for this program.
Old Oct 2, 2004, 10:03 am

Programs: United Airlines Premier, Starwood Gold Preferred Guest, Hyatt Gold Passport, Club Carlson Gold
So I guess UA management is reading the complaints here and is working to solve those problems.
^ ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.