Search

HH Sticky Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2004, 10:25 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco
Original Poster

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
HH Sticky - The Definitive How to Earn HH Points Thread

As Oz noted there's not much here, I have edited the thread title to reflect the most important sticky for most member - how to earn points!

squeakr
MOD HH

Last edited by squeakr; Apr 13, 2005 at 11:14 am
Old Oct 13, 2004, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
The Definitive "How to Earn Hilton HHonors Points" Thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329057
Old Apr 8, 2005, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Put me in the camp that firmly believes vaguely useful "stickies" often un-necessarily clutter forums, displacing current and useful threads off the front pages.

There are some superb 'stickies' on many forums that are well worth taking the top spots from current threads, and there is this one that in 7 months has attracted just ONE post.

So to be honest I do not see it warrants being called:

The all encompassing HH Sticky Thread with Lots of Good Info

Any chance it could be un-stickied, as clearly it has not worked, as there is next to NO info here - good or otherwise?

The idea I am sure was good and well meaning, but it clearly it did not work. Just as a normal thread vanishes if no-one posts on it, surely so should this?

Glen

Old Apr 26, 2005, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by squeakr

As Oz noted there's not much here, I have edited the thread title to reflect the most important sticky for most member - how to earn points!
Staying at Hiltons is the usual method to earn points I guess?

Isn't this just a pointless "sticky" cutting into space for threads that are of interest and attracting lots of posts and input?

Re-naming it the "HH Sticky Thread" seeems rather Monty Pythonesque.

Nothing personal, and the idea was good, but as mentioned, "stickies" usually have a clear purpose, and are heavy on valuable content, justifying their existence. If not, lets read the active and info packed curent threads.

In 8 months one post seems to speak volumes.

Glen

Old May 9, 2005, 12:22 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
This sticky is at the same time the most useless and therefore the funniest I have seen so far .
Old May 12, 2005, 12:53 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco
Original Poster

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I think it's very interesting that no one who complained about this being a useless sticky bothered to PM or email me to say it may have outlived usefulness, and instead chose to make snide comments here.

- KathyWdrf's thread on the various ways to earn points was helpful for quite a while but as it's not current any longer I'm going to unsticky the thread.

And I think that 3 stickies hardly serves to clutter up the forum the way it's been implied here...

squeakr\MOD Hilton

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.