Search

Mpda84 = Mpd824

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2004, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Mpda84 = Mpd824

Was told by a CSR that MPDA84 ("To From DC/Balt") and MPD824 ("To From IAD") are internally the same offer. One was e-mailed to Premiers (according to the CSR) and the other was available to the general public.

Both are very similar, fly 6/15-9/30, from the airport(s) identified in the offer and receive 2500 bonus miles, combinable, UA/UX/Ted, ...

I told the CSR the offers had different offer numbers, offer names, the system accepted my registration for both, and I had no way of knowing that these offers were identical internally. She and her supervisor wouldn't budge.

Anyone get credit for both of these offers on a flight ?

I'll send in complaint and see what happens.
Old Sep 3, 2004, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
What will the complaint be based on? I don't remember the terms of each promo, but if one was targeted to elites and the other to generals, how can we earn the bonus twice?
Old Sep 3, 2004, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P 1MM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by zrs70
What will the complaint be based on? I don't remember the terms of each promo, but if one was targeted to elites and the other to generals, how can we earn the bonus twice?
One of the offers showed up on mymileageplus.com and the other showed up on Mileage Plus offers section of united.com. The offer titles, numbers, and valid airports were different, but the rest of the promo terms were similar. There was nothing in either offer indicating targeting.

The following thread provides some offer details if interested.

My complaint is how was I to know that these were the same offer ? There have been several offers out the DC area, including a 3rd 2500 point offer to/from the DC area (mpd884?). All of these were combinable.

Are you saying its common for United to make up separate promo offers to announce the same bonus or award ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.